Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spagnuolo the front runner for skins job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    They had all those guys last year and Kiwi healthy on the line, and they looked alot worse...their personell didnt change too much from this years to last, but he had their defense completely turn around in a year...

The Falcons should of at least waited to get an interview with the guy, who knows
    Lot of injuries last year. Tuck and Strahan both didn't play half a season. Kiwi was a rookie. Osi missed about 5 games.

In 2005 when Osi and Strahan were both healthy, they got plenty of pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      They had all those guys last year and Kiwi healthy on the line, and they looked alot worse...their personell didnt change too much from this years to last, but he had their defense completely turn around in a year...

The Falcons should of at least waited to get an interview with the guy, who knows

I thought we should have too. Seems like Smith and Dmitrioff were a perfect match though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Especially since the D coordinator already is place, from what I read almost seems to have a total polar opposite view on defensive schems as Spagnuolo. Spags can creat pressure, but he also has the pieces to that. Washington does not have those pieces. I'm not saying they can't get them in time, but they aren't there now.

I'm sure every recommendation from the Giants front office and coaching staff will be that Spags should not take the Skins job. And it won't be because we are trying to hold onto him or prevent him from leaving. There are always at least three jobs available every year. Spags would likely have his choice of a few or even more next offseason.
        Spags is young enough and has enough of a reputation that the jobs will be there next season. I don't see a reason for him to take the Redskins job where he walks in with zero control over the staff. That's not a way to start your first coaching job.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

For the love of everything holy, I hope not.

Whats lost in the whole "he has the dline" argument is how well he uses them. We twist and stunt so much, we zone blitz, we absolute blitz, he uses our pieces as well as anybody.

You couldn't get more out of our unit this year. He maximized its potential, and thats all you ask for.

Even his 4 man rushes are not vanilla. He really knows how to attack. I love the guy.

IN YOUR FACE TIM LEWIS!

Comment

Another potential HC out of the Andy Reid tree. Not a bad lineup thusfar. Childress and Harbaugh. Spags is coming, and Reid recently said he has 2 or 3 more potential future HC's in his stable now.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

It's a massive gamble to turn down any head-coaching job. Things can turn sour very quickly. On the other hand, having a ready-picked staff is strife waiting to happen.

If I were Spags, I'd accept the job on the condition that I had Snyder's promise that I could redo my staff at the end of the first year if I so wished.

Finally, while I do think that Spags will make a good HC, there is far more to a HC than just scheming. In fact, the coaches who are brilliant at play-calling and scheming tend to be the ones who struggle with the transition from co-ordinator to HC. That said, Spags seems to be an effortless motivator as well, which is the most important thing.
              TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

I still see Mariucci going to Washington.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                  I still see Mariucci going to Washington.
                  Did you see the way he Deion and Faulk were acting at the end of NFL Gameday last night? They were basically saying he was going to be the next head coach.

Comment

Could it be that Deion and Faulk were sick of Mooch as a broadcaster and just wanted him out and coaching? Or maybe they were just trying to help a friend get a job? They have no information.

Comment

i think snyder might make a little offer to him but spag wont get a huge offer from snyder... i dont know why spagnuolo would want to come here with coordinators in place and an owner where he knows he has such a short leash

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

He's not necessarily on a short leash, but he has no control over his staff, and the players lobbied publicly for a different coach. I'm not sure how much control he will have over staffing and personnel, and there could be better opportunities next season, in theory.

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                          i think snyder might make a little offer to him but spag wont get a huge offer from snyder... i dont know why spagnuolo would want to come here with coordinators in place and an owner where he knows he has such a short leash
                          Agreed. Spags would be better off turning the SB performance and how much he is wanted by other teams into a raise with the G-Men. Be DC one more year at a better salary and then weigh his options with head coaching jobs next year.

Comment

Even if the Giants don't win next year, Spags will be in demand somewhere. You never know what will happen. You could see openings in Chicago, Detroit, Kansas City, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Seattle, St. Louis, San Francisco, and even in Washington again. If I had to guess today, I would think there will be 3 coach openings after 2008-2009. Spags should be interviewed for most, if not all, of those openings.

Comment

A league source told the Washington Times that Giants defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo doesn't feel ready to be a head coach yet.
                              Spagnuolo's remarkable and successful Super Bowl game plan undoubtedly upped his head coaching stock in Redskins owner Dan Snyder's eyes. Spags will interview with Snyder on Tuesday, but it seems unlikely that he'll want the job with defensive coordinator Greg Blache already in place.
                              Just found this about Spags.

Comment

That makes sense, but there's nothing wrong with talking with the Redskins about the opening. I remember John Harbaugh said that after his interview with the Ravens, he felt like he was a better coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information