Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spagnuolo the front runner for skins job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That would be a great sign for the skins. He really showed leadership and good coaching last night on @ the super bowl. Everytime the camera was on him he was yelling or clapping his hands...Great coach big hit for the giants though...

Comment

That would be a great sign for the skins. He really showed leadership and good coaching last night on @ the super bowl. Everytime the camera was on him he was yelling or clapping his hands...Great coach big hit for the giants though...

Comment

There is no way the skins would sign him just for the simple fact that the coach the skins really want they wont be able to get until next year when he comes out of retirement. Our next coach is going to be someone that has screwed up before and will easy to put all the blame of next season on.
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

If I were Spags I'd stay in NY, they got something special going on that defense, and you know, Coughlin ain't coaching forever. With the new trend of future Head Coaches being in place a year ahead of time, Spags would be right there to take the Giants job whenever Coughlin hangs it up. Plus the only old critical player he has is Strahan, and when he's gone Tuck will take over, and then they still got Kiwanuka who is like a Tuck clone but not as strong. He should be able to develop just fine.
          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
            There is no way the skins would sign him just for the simple fact that the coach the skins really want they wont be able to get until next year when he comes out of retirement. Our next coach is going to be someone that has screwed up before and will easy to put all the blame of next season on.
            That is probably the most accurate post by a Skins fan I've seen about this topic.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
              That is probably the most accurate post by a Skins fan I've seen about this topic.
              yea it was pretty accurate, and has Jim Fassel written all over it if thats the case....but Mooch was acting like he had the job the other day so to speak, why would he want a job for one season where he probably is out after this year

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I live in DC, and the local media has been saying for a month that all of the assistants were hired on the recommendation of Fassel. They talked to Meeks and Mooch to make sure they weren't missing out, but Fassel helped influence their OC and DC hires.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Spags left Washington without a contract. It seems he either turned it down or Washington wants Fassel. Spags is rumored to have a contract on the table from the Giants that makes him the one of the highest paid coordinators in the league.

Comment

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020604290.html

Interesting article from the Washington Post...

Comment

I read that earlier. Washington media is really down on the Redskins and Snyder's crappy ownership.

Comment

Washington media should be down on Snyder's crappy ownership. I've been down on it for 6 years now, but my opinion never gets any credibility with Skins fans because I'm not a Skins fan.

What would I know? My team preaches fiscal prudence, patience, and building through the draft and with smart contracts to existing players. They keep their coaches long term and promote from within. They jettison problems and keep core players with prudent extensions.

Comment

Heh, well, I think it would be wise for Spags to come back another year for us. Of course, I'm bias, but I feel like it'll be a good idea for him. Which reminds me, where is Spags from? It kind of sounds like he's got the New Yorker twist when he speaks. Hmm, interesting thing to find out..

No offense to any Redskins fans - but Daniel Snyder is an absolute joke for an owner. I totally respect how he handled the Sean Taylor situation, he did it with a ton of admiration and respect, but in terms of running an NFL franchise he's laughable.

You can't hire a staff before your head coach is hired unless you want a washed up, desperate coach who will take anything as a staff.

I hope we give Spags a big fat contract with a clause saying he'll be the next head coach, much like Seattle did with Mora. Coughlin isn't a young gun, so it wouldn't be a terribly long wait I would assume.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            Heh, well, I think it would be wise for Spags to come back another year for us. Of course, I'm bias, but I feel like it'll be a good idea for him. Which reminds me, where is Spags from? It kind of sounds like he's got the New Yorker twist when he speaks. Hmm, interesting thing to find out..

No offense to any Redskins fans - but Daniel Snyder is an absolute joke for an owner. I totally respect how he handled the Sean Taylor situation, he did it with a ton of admiration and respect, but in terms of running an NFL franchise he's laughable.

You can't hire a staff before your head coach is hired unless you want a washed up, desperate coach who will take anything as a staff.

I hope we give Spags a big fat contract with a clause saying he'll be the next head coach, much like Seattle did with Mora. Coughlin isn't a young gun, so it wouldn't be a terribly long wait I would assume.
                            Spags is from somewhere in New England I believe. Ironic enough.

Also I'm not a fan of making it officially known that someone else is going to be taking over as head coach in a year or two. It can cause problems and undermind the current head coach.

Comment

ESPN radio is now reporting that the Redskins offered Spags the job and Spags turned it down.

Comment

NFL Network bottom line said Spags is staying in NY
                                Taking a Knapp.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information