Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spagnuolo the front runner for skins job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    He held the greatest offense of all time to 14 points and the Giants won a Super Bowl in his first year as DC. He deserves the money.
    I'm not saying he didn't deserve a raise and extension. I'm just wondering if he was necessarily worth that much money. It was a necessity to pay that much to keep Spags, but I'm not certain the market for coaching is overly inflated.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      I'm not saying he didn't deserve a raise and extension. I'm just wondering if he was necessarily worth that much money. It was a necessity to pay that much to keep Spags, but I'm not certain the market for coaching is overly inflated.
      I'd assume that contract will be ripped up anyway next year. As of right now I can't see him staying all 3 years. He'll collect his two million+ next year and then probably move on.

Comment

I just have a feeling like we will give Tom a 4 year extension, but I don't see him going the entire contract. I would love it if he does, but I'm just not sure if he stays the entire four years (assuming that's what it is).

Should be interesting to see what happens next year. At least we have him though.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
          Question

How much does Tom Coughlin have left in the tank? And could this situation end up like Seattle where Spagnuolo will eventually replace Coughlin after he retires?
          That's up to Coughlin. I sure winning this takes the edge off, in terms of pressure. Now the media and fan base won't be on his case, that's for sure. I think a 4 year deal is something he may get. That will take him to late 60s, and maybe then he will retire. But he will be getting a good extension for this job.

Comment

Im glad he didnt take it, wouldnt want to see him in the NFC east every year, and maybe he didnt want to face the Giants twice a year...There are a few teams next year that could be open he might be interested in like Cincy, who could use the turnaround on defense spags gave the G Men

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Im glad he didnt take it, wouldnt want to see him in the NFC east every year, and maybe he didnt want to face the Giants twice a year...There are a few teams next year that could be open he might be interested in like Cincy, who could use the turnaround on defense spags gave the G Men

Don't worry, you'll still see him two times a year, only he'll be doing the job that allows him to work his magic the best.

Comment

Smart move by Spags...can't leave to head coach in the same division!

Comment

i think this pretty much solidifies Fossil as the next hc

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Originally posted by mqtirishfan View Post
                    Don't worry, you'll still see him two times a year, only he'll be doing the job that allows him to work his magic the best.
                    yea we were going to see him either way next year, but im talking about the long term...if he takes a job outside the nfc east next year that would be better then the skins job this year as far as hoping to not see him...

but im still looking forward to seeing garrett and spags go at it two times next year, definately going to enjoy that

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

^^^I wouldn't if I were a giants fan, lol. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                        ^^^I wouldn't if I were a giants fan, lol. :)
                        No, they only enjoy it the third time.

Comment

Im hoping (but doubting) he takes a page out of Jim Johnson's book and wants to stay DC for awhile. We gave him a 3 year extension, that probably means we expect Coughlin to coach for another 3 years.

In all likelihood, he's gone after this season though. Hopefully someone in house soaks up as much as he can from Spags while he's still here. Realistically though, you don't replace a brilliant mind. Theres always a drop off.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            yea we were going to see him either way next year, but im talking about the long term...if he takes a job outside the nfc east next year that would be better then the skins job this year as far as hoping to not see him...

but im still looking forward to seeing garrett and spags go at it two times next year, definately going to enjoy that
                            Spags vs Garrett is such an enjoyable chess match, it really is. 2 great up and coming minds.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                              I would stay too for that money....They say the Skins just want a one year guy anyway till they can get Fossel next year
                              Fassell i going to be our one year guy this year until we can get Cowher next year, who had lunch with Danny boy last week...
                              RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

its gonna be a long year as a redskins fan but at least we are gonna have a top 5 pick and hopefully danny can make it happen and give us Cowher in 09, i cant wait until then cause i think it will finally be our year
                                RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information