Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spagnuolo the front runner for skins job?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spagnuolo the front runner for skins job?

After tonight, is he priority #1 for the Skins? Why would you want Fassel over him, its not even close...Seems like he closed the deal with his schemes tonight

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Does he want to become a HC, or is he content being a DC?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I don't really think people should get too carried away. He has been a great DC this year, but we don't usually crown players as great after one really good year. Plus, being HC material goes beyond just being able to make a good scheme.

Comment

Most coaches get into coaching to become head coaches. A lot depends on the opportunity and the situation. Spagnuolo probably has the job if he wants it, but does he want to walk in with his staff picked for him and into a situation where the players appeared to want someone else?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

shoot if he can turn our DLine into anything close to that Giants DLine than I am all for it. I don't know a ton about the guy but I tend to like what I know so far.

Comment

Has he said that he is leaving the Giants?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Spagnuolo was a defensive assistant for about 6 years with the Eagles. He's a disciple of Andy Reid and Jim Johnson. His schemes with the Giants are similar to the stuff that Jim Johnson has done with the blitzes, etc. Difference Spags has is that his DLine is better than any the Eagles ever had, so he can do lots of weird stuff. He is known as a tireless worker, and his defense loves him for sure. He was always pegged to be a future NFL coach, but I'm not sure that anyone really expected him to get a shot this soon.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I mean he did good with the D-Line but come on he had Tuck, Michael S, and Osi.....that is alot of talant.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Spags had those guys, but he put them in a position to be successful for most of the year. He also worked with a banged up and young secondary that didn't have a lot of star power, and that unit was successful by years' end.

Comment

I just don't think Spags would want to go to Washington. It's an unattractive job from a personell standpoint but money does tend to override situations such as these.
                    Originally posted by Paul
                    Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                    Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                    These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                      Spags had those guys, but he put them in a position to be successful for most of the year. He also worked with a banged up and young secondary that didn't have a lot of star power, and that unit was successful by years' end.
                      I was talking about the D-Line....I agree he did a great job with the secondary.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                        I just don't think Spags would want to go to Washington. It's an unattractive job from a personell standpoint but money does tend to override situations such as these.
                        It's a money thing and an opportunity thing. There are only 32 jobs at this level. Washington has unlimited financial resources and a supposed commitment to winning. However, why would you want to go into a situation where you can't pick your staff? I think that is a major negative. I'd rather wait another year if I were him.

Comment

I have top believe it's his if he wants it. I think that's why the Redskins waited.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                            I mean he did good with the D-Line but come on he had Tuck, Michael S, and Osi.....that is alot of talant.
                            They had all those guys last year and Kiwi healthy on the line, and they looked alot worse...their personell didnt change too much from this years to last, but he had their defense completely turn around in a year...

The Falcons should of at least waited to get an interview with the guy, who knows

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                              It's a money thing and an opportunity thing. There are only 32 jobs at this level. Washington has unlimited financial resources and a supposed commitment to winning. However, why would you want to go into a situation where you can't pick your staff? I think that is a major negative. I'd rather wait another year if I were him.
                              Especially since the D coordinator already is place, from what I read almost seems to have a total polar opposite view on defensive schems as Spagnuolo. Spags can creat pressure, but he also has the pieces to that. Washington does not have those pieces. I'm not saying they can't get them in time, but they aren't there now.

I'm sure every recommendation from the Giants front office and coaching staff will be that Spags should not take the Skins job. And it won't be because we are trying to hold onto him or prevent him from leaving. There are always at least three jobs available every year. Spags would likely have his choice of a few or even more next offseason.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information