Annual "Eat your crow" thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong on
    -Tom Coughlin, he's a better coach than i thought. Im hard on him, and a lot of his success was due to Spags, but he's still much better than I gave him credit for

-Matt Leinart. I thought he was the safest qb pick in that draft. I liked Cutler the best, but I also thought Leinart would be very good in his own right. Now he's starting to worry me as a bust.

-Joe Thomas. I thought he'd be a bust. Robert Gallery just scared me away from him. But boy was I wrong. Joe Thomas is a beast. He's awesome.

-I didn't think the Broncos would be as bad as they were this year. That blindsided me.

-I thought the Eagles would play much better than they did. I still feel that they'll be dominant again next year. I don't know what happened this year. I know McNabb wasn't healthy, but even then, the defense couldve played better than it did.

-I thought Norv Turner would suck hard in San Diego

-I thought the Jags made a mistake passing on Quinn, turns out they were just fine with the Jersey Boy at qb :)

-Didn't think Cleveland would play as well as they did

-Had no idea Derek Andersen would play like that either (although i still feel he's overrated)

Theres probably more, can't think of the rest right now.

Comment

i thought i didnt know tom petty.... i was wrong ... zomg !

Comment

I thought the Bears and Giants fortunes would be reversed. I thought Cedric Benson wouldn't suck. I thought Eli would (w/o Tiki).

Comment

I said that Cedric Benson would be fantastic this year because he had fresh legs and looked great in last year's playoffs. Well, he was really bad and probably the biggest fantasy bust.

I argued with people who thought KC was a bottom 5 team and thought they would at least make a run for the playoffs, due to their strong defense and the consistency they've had as an organization. Their defense was still good, but the offense was a disaster. This one might deserve an asterisk because of Larry Johnson's injury.

Like most people I was wrong about the Giants... I didn't see them in the playoffs because of the losses of Tiki and Luke Pettigout. David Diehl really stepped up and the Giants run game was better than 06 with the early combo of Jacobs/Ward and the late one of Jacobs/Bradshaw.

I believed that Reggie Bush would be a consistent running back if he was the full time back. He got his chance when McAlister got hurt and was inconsistent and eventually was injured himself.

I believed Calvin Johnson would win ROY. If there was a ROY award for recievers only he wouldn't even have won that.

I thought Favre should definitely have retired last year because his play had declined. He was a top five QB this year.

I didn't think Cromartie was ready for major playing time. Enough said there.

That's really all I can remember right now.
          aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I was wrong about the Niners. I thought that they would make the playoffs. I underestimated how horrible the offense would be.

Comment

I picked the Steelers to finish last in the AFC North.

Comment

-I thought JP was the Bills' QB of the future
                -I thought the Browns were terrible
                -I didnt think Randy Moss was good anymore

Thats all I can think of (for now)

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I thought that the Packers were going to be awful. I thought that Trent Edwards was going to come in and win a bunch of games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I thought the Giants were going to suck.
                    I thought Alex Smith would improve from '06 and lead the 49ers over the Seahawks.
                    I thought that this was finally the year that Jacksonville would dethrone the Colts.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                      I thought that Trent Edwards was going to come in and win a bunch of games.
                      Isn't that what he essentially did?
                      aka KGB Chicken

Comment

I predicted that Jeff Garcia would have a bad year in Tampa. I thought the Giant's wouldn't make the playoffs.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I was down on the Giants and Titans pre-season...didnt expect either to touch the playoffs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                            Isn't that what he essentially did?
                            He was 5-5. I thought he was going to win like 7 or more.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Clearly blind I saw 49ers and playoffs going together
                              I thought David Carr had a chance in Carolina
                              Calvin would be unstoppable
                              I couldnt believe (still cant) that Miami passed on Quinn

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

I was so wrong about the Packers

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information