Annual "Eat your crow" thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broth223
    This football season has already raised more questions than usual I'm going to break them down as well as predict the division winner

The most questions come from the AFC North and the NFC East

AFC North

Division winner - Bengals (Yes very bold as always)
    Wild Card - Ravens (could be flip flopped)

Questions

Q. Will the Ravens be able to deal with all the losses this offseason?
    A. The D will perform as well but that offense is even weaker even with the addition of Willis

Q. Will Big Ben come back to Super Bowl form?
    A. Super Bowl form no but he will improve slightly but there will be adjustment time to a new coach and OC but that O-Line is aging and that will hurt him.

Q. Will Brady Quinn start this season?
    A. No, according to John Clayton today the team still likes Frye and Quinn's accuracy has been brought into question also Coach Romeo Crennell's comments shows that it is still Frye's job to lose.

Q. Can the Bengals keep it's players out of jail?
    A. Most of the players will stay out of jail but there will still be one or two arrests I can feel it.

NFC East

Division Winner - Eagles (I just died a little inside)
    Wild Card - Dallas

Q. Will Romo do as well this season as last season.
    A. Simply no, if Jones is smart he'll hold off the resigning of this kid till halfway through the season.

Q. Can McNabb last the whole season.
    A. Yes not only can he but he will. I've given this conspiracy theory before but I think that McNabb's injury have been some what self preservation rather than real serious injury just the timing of them always come when the Eagle's have seemingly no chance to make the playoffs. This year he can't do that with Kolb breathing down his neck and Garcia taking the Eagles to what seemed impossible. Also they are going to be running the ball more I think Reid finally figured it out.

Q. Can the Giants live without Barber?
    A. They have to but they will be dead last in the division they replaced Barber with Drougns (sp?) who won't be Tiki Barber the D is improved but not enough to get them into the playoffs.

Q. Can the Skins finally get some chemistry?
    A. No simple just no.
    Posted on June 12, 2007, 07:59:59 AM

Some were correct but most were horribly horribly wrong
    Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
    oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

IIRC I was dead wrong on the Titans and Browns, as I thought both would suck. I was also wrong on the Niners, but then, scarlet colored glasses and all, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised at that. I think I also stated somewhere that the Eagles would be the gods of the NFC East, and it turns out they were the ONLY team in the division not to make the playoffs, so I feel pretty stupid there.

Comment

Hmm I guess I thought the Giants were going to be just bad with awful chemistry but I never really said it. It was kind of a popular thing to think, lol.
        I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

1.I thought Sean Taylor was going to be DPOY
          2.I didnt think the giants had a chance to win anything at the beginning of the year.
          3.I honestly thought the Bills and Browns would be 2 of the worst teams in the league.
          RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Though I didn't post it here I thouhgt the Giants would go 5-11. I thought Oline issues, a average/poor group of LBs and secondary and a questionable Eli would doom them. On 2 of those points I was totally out to lunch. I still don't think the Giants back 7 is great (just adequate), but their Dline is the best in the NFL. Props to the Giants. It's also not the last time my predictions will make me look like a jackass, either.

Edit: Oh yeah I also thought losing Tiki's production would kill them as well. Enjoy your talking head career, Tiki.
            Last edited by Canadian_draft_fan; 02-04-2008, 08:54 PM.
            Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
              1.I thought Sean Taylor was going to be DPOY
              2.I didnt think the giants had a chance to win anything at the beginning of the year.
              3.I honestly thought the Bills and Browns would be 2 of the worst teams in the league.
              I may be looking at things thru B&G glasses but if Taylor had stayed healthy/alive I believe he would at least have challenged Sanders for DPOY.
              Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

I thought the Rams would win the NFC West... =(

Originally posted by Halsey
                I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Who is the guy who in his sig had all the quotes of people saying the Giants were going to be the worst team in the league?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I had the Rams v. Broncos in the Super Bowl
                    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

i was wrong i thought that the ravens would win 10 games
                      and i thought the bill would have the number 1 overall pick

Comment

where is GRF when you need him...

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                          Who is the guy who in his sig had all the quotes of people saying the Giants were going to be the worst team in the league?
                          That was Ricky Bobby....

Oh I remembered another one I was wrong about...the Titans...I had no idea the defense would be that good this year and they'd be able to pull out ten wins. I don't remember my exact predictions on them but I think it was anywhere between 4-12 to 7-9...

Comment

Well i grabbed my preseason mock... Wow i had the season going a completly different way! This is my draft order.. other than this i didnt real yl make any predictions besides saying the bills were prolly gonna have the first overall pick.

#1 Vikings
                            #2 Chiefs
                            #3 Falcons
                            #4 Dolphins ....i was close
                            #5 Packers .... wow i was just slighty off
                            #6 Texans
                            #7 Cowboys (From the Browns)
                            #8 Bills
                            #9 Bucs
                            #10 Rams
                            #11 Titans
                            #12 Raiders
                            #13 Redskins
                            #14 Giants .... Ya i was a Giant hater as well
                            #15 Jaguars
                            #16 Jets
                            #17 49’ers
                            #18 Lions
                            #19 Bengals
                            #20 Panthers
                            #21 Steelers
                            #22 Eagles
                            #23 Seahawks
                            #24 Broncos
                            #25 Bears
                            #26 Ravens
                            #27 Cardinals .... Dont ask
                            #28 Colts
                            #29 Cowboys
                            #30 Chargers
                            #31 Saints .... once again... oops
                            #32 Patriots

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I figured the Giants would be a top 10 or at best top 15 pick, I was certain of it.

Said Jamal Lewis was a terrible signing, must've been motivation because he sure did blow in Baltimore.

Said the Vikings would be terrible, probably top 5 pick. That's all I can remember for now, I sure was wrong about more than usual this year.

Comment

Where to begin; well for starters i figured the jets were going to finish atleast above .500. I thought dbrick and mangold were gonna make the probowl. I thought penny would have held the starters job all year long and vilma would have been productive (wishful thinking mostly).

I didn't expect joe thomas to have that big of an impact in his first year and expected brady quinn to start after frye struggled.

I was for sure stalworth was going to miss atleast four games; i think i gave an over under of 3 games or something.

I was positive that the colts, with there new found hardnosed defense and running game, were going to become the "pats" and beat the pats who had become the "colts," if that makes any sense.

I thought the NFL was going to get ACDC (who is going back on tour this year!) or Van Halen (not Van Hagar) to play the halftime show, but Petty did a heck of a job..as always.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information