No announcement yet.

Annual "Eat your crow" thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had one half-right. I said there would be a Brees/Rivers situation in Cleveland but, I thought Charlie Frye was going to be the man not Anderson.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

1. I didnt believe in:
      Marshawn lynch
      Trent Edwards
      Phillip Rivers
      Eric Weddle
      Jeff Garcia
      Mario Williams

2. I did Believe in:
      Reggie Bush
      Vince Young
      The Saints in general actually
      The Rams

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Originally posted by Peter King
        Feb. 3, 2008, in the desert: Colts 44, Saints 37. My advice: Score your tickets now. It's going to be one of the best Super Bowls ever. And the zaniest.
        http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...03/mmqb/1.html

Seriously, how does Peter King still have a job?

Edit: Not because of the prediction, but more because he is an idiot.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I have a few this year.

I was wrong about the Packers, I never thought of them as legit superbowl contenders at any point in the season, but pre-season I never even thought of them as a playoff contender. Favre and the receivers were really good.

I was sort of wrong about the Bears. I was spot on about Grossman and still beleive Orton is their best QB. I was wrong that their defense would be good enough to make up for Grossman.

I was wrong about David Carr, who I though would be respectable.

I was wrong about the Cardinals who I thought could win their division. I will probably continue to be wrong on this one...

I was wrong that the Vikings needed a RG, Herrera is actually a pretty damn good player.

I was wrong about Reggie Bush. I don't think he will ever be elite anymore, just too many flaws in his style.

I was wrong about the Titans, they somehow just win games despite being probably the least talented team in the league, at least I was right about LenDale having a solid year though and their OL is pretty damn good, which kind of makes Vince Youngs struggles all the more apparent.

I was wrong about the Cowboys and the Phillips hiring. It was a good one.

I was wrong about Randy Moss, he really does just need to be playing on a winner to be any good.

So far I was wrong about Dwayne Jarrett, he really hasn't shown anything but I guess he still has a chance.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Oh, where to begin?

I didn't like the one year extension for Tom Coughlin, I thought at best he was a mediocre coach, but his surprising new attitude totally caught me off guard and he did a fantastic job this year. Of course, I couldn't be happier to be wrong.

I thought Eli would make it to the Pro-Bowl, but of course, that didn't happen - SB MVP works though.

I expected the Buffalo Bills to have the number one pick, especially after they suffered a lot of early injuries.

I was certain the NFL had 'figured out Tony Romo' and he would have sub-par season.

I fully expected the 49ers to win that division, but they disappointed big time.

I thought Calvin Johnson would be offensive rookie of the year, having a big time season for a rookie.

I thought Reggie Bush would shine if he had a chance to be a full-time starter.

I had some things right too, but those were some of things I was wrong about.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Tampa bay winning the division makes me eat a big bowl of crow.

Carr sucking as bad as a lot of people predicted gives me a second course. I didn't say he'd be good, I just said he'd be serviceable as a back up. I was wrong.

Peppers making the probowl.

Saying McNabb would be back to full force.

Comment

Randy Moss certainly didn't bring his troubled past to New England. At least I'm not the only one who thought he would.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Has anyone owned up to their "Giants will have a top 5 pick" talk yet? This is not gloating, I'm just curious because I just remembered it.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                  <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

pretty much everything this year except the fact that Matt Leinart would suck and the saints would be average at best. Everything else was wrong so I had a pretty terrible year.
                    Go Dodgers, Browns, and Saints.
                    Dodgers will miss Eric Gagne. We should have taken the risk

Comment

I thought David Carr would be good this year when given the chance.

Boy was I wrong. He is one of the worst quarterbacks I have ever seen play the game.

Comment

I thought both the Bills and Giants would be terrible this year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I had the Giants, Packers, Bucs, and Browns picking in the top ten.

I had the Colts winning 9-10 games, with the Jags winning the AFC South.

Broncos and Saints.....who knew?

As a side note, I love seeing threads like this. So often we see people stating their own opinions and predictions as fact, and it just cracks me up seeing how wildly inaccurate they usually are.

You don't have to believe everything you think.

Comment

I thought Randy Moss wasnt worth a 4th rounder...boy was i wrong! ;)

Comment

I could not believe the Giants would stand a chance in the bowl.

well...

yummie.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

-Eli not being a great QB
                                -bears beating the SuperBowl loss

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information