The feasibility of the Run and Shoot offense in the Modern NFL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wogitalia View Post
    Also, removing Rice from the situation completely kills it, WR1 is the irreplaceable part.
    I disagree with this. I think the most important part of this offense is the slot receiver. I guess my offense would be more of a Run and Shoot/WCO offense hybrid. Short crossing routes and quick outs by the slot receivers would be paramount for me.

I would also rather have a bruising back who can pass block really well, rather than a RB like Bush who is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. It would be nice to have a backup who is that kind of back. Someone like a Bradshaw, or even better(getting a slightly old school here) Dave Meggett. Anyone who is considered a third down back would be an excellent back-up here. They would primarily get playing time against those teams that have poor pass rushes, when an extra blocker isn't required to stay in.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
      I disagree with this. I think the most important part of this offense is the slot receiver. I guess my offense would be more of a Run and Shoot/WCO offense hybrid. Short crossing routes and quick outs by the slot receivers would be paramount for me.

I would also rather have a bruising back who can pass block really well, rather than a RB like Bush who is an excellent receiver out of the backfield. It would be nice to have a backup who is that kind of back. Someone like a Bradshaw, or even better(getting a slightly old school here) Dave Meggett. Anyone who is considered a third down back would be an excellent back-up here. They would primarily get playing time against those teams that have poor pass rushes, when an extra blocker isn't required to stay in.
      Yes, you'd want a big bruising halfback that could block if you're going to be passing that much. I think someone like Garrison Hearst in his prime would be great.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
      Originally posted by Borat
      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information