No announcement yet.

Gregg Williams hired as Jags DC...

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
    do you think that's more due to the personnel Williams had to work with...he didn't exactly have stud linebackers and a big front four....
    Our LB core was above average most of the season and we had pretty good DB's he just made them have a huge cushion and it was annoying.
    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

well, we have cover corners that are pretty good, and our safety's are just I think we'll be alright...he's one of the best in the league as far as D-Coordinators go...

It's official:

by BoneKrusher
        <DG> how metal unseen
        <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Did Williams use his personnel as best as he could? Probably not. But he did coach that Skins defense into being a top 10 unit with an injury to McIntosh, the tragic death of Taylor, an aging #1 CB, a disappointing CB in Rogers (thus far), an aging Marcus Washington, and no credible pass rusher other than Carter, who isn't that great to begin with.

Not bad, don't ya think?

I loved his blitzing scheme, but even when he went into his Cover 2 scheme, he got results when he had decent players.

I think as long as he can check his ego at the door (big question mark), he'll be fine.

Debug Information