Gregg Williams hired as Jags DC...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gregg Williams hired as Jags DC...

it's being reported by numerous sources...but Jagnation.com just broke the info...

Great hire...maybe our defensive will become more aggressive now!

Great hire he will be a head coach in the years to come...I dont know if i can picture him staying long... Any contract details?

Comment

no details as of yet...but if they come available I'll be sure to post them...

I agree that he might not be around very long but for the time he is here he'll make our defense that much better...more aggressive...

Comment

Great Hire...That D has alot of talant Gregg will put the in the right place..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Very good hire for Jacksonville indeed.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I don't know if this will be such a great fit. From what I hear, Del Rio likes control of the D and Williams likes to control everything himself. Might be a clash of power.

Comment

that is a misconception...JDR is a great defensive mind but Mike Smith had a majority of the power when he was with the Jags...I have no reason to believe it will be any different...

Comment

Great hire if not only from a chemistry standpoint. Everywhere Greg Williams goes, his players seem to love him. He gets the most out of his talent and should help make that defense even more intimidating.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                  I don't know if this will be such a great fit. From what I hear, Del Rio likes control of the D and Williams likes to control everything himself. Might be a clash of power.
                  The more accurate description would be that Del Rio and Mike Smith were co-defensive coordinators, with Smith having about 70% of the power. Del Rio, however, did have input--- mostly on the gameplan, but he helped with the playcalling a bit as well.

Mike Smith, however, wasn't an assistant head coach. I think that when Gregg was given that title, Jack was making the concession that, while he'd help with the gameplan some, the playcalling is Gregg's to make.

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                    no details as of yet...but if they come available I'll be sure to post them...

I agree that he might not be around very long but for the time he is here he'll make our defense that much better...more aggressive...
                    Your gonna be running alot of cover 2 and cover 3
                    RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Great hire. I was hoping the Saints would go after him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                        Your gonna be running alot of cover 2 and cover 3
                        we were already running the cover two...so it's not that drastic of change...

I think one of his first moves might be to move Reggie Nelson to the corner position...and Brian Williams to safety...but that's just me...

Comment

Very nice hire. He should do wonders for you guys and I hope he doesnt move Nelson to corner

Comment

Originally posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
                            Very nice hire. He should do wonders for you guys and I hope he doesnt move Nelson to corner
                            Nelson would be a better cover corner than Brian Williams and Williams would be a better run support safety than Nelson...it's all a matter of what type of personnel Williams wants to implore...

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                              The more accurate description would be that Del Rio and Mike Smith were co-defensive coordinators, with Smith having about 70% of the power. Del Rio, however, did have input--- mostly on the gameplan, but he helped with the playcalling a bit as well.

Mike Smith, however, wasn't an assistant head coach. I think that when Gregg was given that title, Jack was making the concession that, while he'd help with the gameplan some, the playcalling is Gregg's to make.
                              You make a good point about the assistant head coach title. I guess it's fair to assume that Williams will be calling the plays but with Del Rio's defensive mindset it's hard to believe he won't want to.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information