Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What playoff teams this year miss them next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard to really predict many of the playoff teams who fall off. Traditionally, there are 5 or 6 who do not return each year.

2007 teams: Pats, Giants, Cowboys, Colts, Chargers, Packers, Buccaneers, Seahawks, Titans, Redskins, Steelers, Jaguars.

Predictions on who doesn't go back:

Redskins, Jaguars, Cowboys, Titans, and Buccaneers.

The Cowboys are a reach, but there could be discord with the loss of coaches and things of that nature. I feel like the other teams I have listed have too many questions and not enough actual talent to make it back.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I agree with the Cowboys. I think there will definitely be fall off. But they were so talented this year, that I don't think the fall off is enough to knock them out of the playoffs.

Comment

I feel like they didn't have many big injuries, and everything seemed to break for them early on. They're losing some talent on the coaching staff, and they still don't have a compliment for Ware as a pass rusher. The issues with the safety position remain, and I feel like there will be a loss of chemistry. I could easily be wrong, but I'm putting it out there as a possibility.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
          I feel like they didn't have many big injuries, and everything seemed to break for them early on. They're losing some talent on the coaching staff, and they still don't have a compliment for Ware as a pass rusher. The issues with the safety position remain, and I feel like there will be a loss of chemistry. I could easily be wrong, but I'm putting it out there as a possibility.
          I've been pretty vocal with how I feel about it. The more removed they are from Parcells' time there and the move Wade-inized (like how I made that word up) they become, the better in my opinion. Especially if Jones takes over a bigger role in GM and personel decisions. However the talent is still there so I don't see a huge drop off. But I'm fully expecting a slow decline from here out.

Comment

I think the Saints will win the division next year, but we'll make a wild card. Anyone who says Tampa Bay overachieved this year clearly underestimates our talent level, injuries and just plain hasn't seen us play. We should've been at least 10-6.

We have a few players getting up there in age, but the majority of our team is young and developing. The only thing that can keep us away from the playoffs is more bad playcalling from Gruden and injuries to Garcia and Graham, specifically Graham. Our offensive line will be among the league's best next year. Wade is the only weak link. Our receivers can't get any worse/more injured. Our defensive line had 3 first-year starters last year. Our linebackers will always be a strength. Corner is probably our position that will suffer the most over a year, but luckily we run a Tampa 2 where age isn't a big deal, and we have one of the top safety tandems in the league. Add in a great overall ST unit and you have a solid wild card/division contender in a weak conference.

I think the Pats and the Giants will be the biggest disappointments next year in the NFC, and I'd even go as far as saying the Giants won't make the playoffs. Just a feeling. In the AFC, Tennessee will finally blow like they should. VY will officially be a bust. NE, SD, IND, JAX & PIT are pretty familar playoff faces and that won't change. AFC regular season=boring for that reason.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Nothing is guaranteed in that division. The Giants appear energized, especially if they keep Spags. The Eagles could easily rebound with a few acquisitions and a nice draft. The Redskins could reload and take some games. To top it off, Dallas has to play a first place schedule, which is not the easiest situation.

Comment

The one thing that I'm very optimistic about with the Giants is that we are the 3rd youngest team in football I believe. That and our entire draft class contributed this year and contributed well. I'm excited about their progression.

Comment

With the exception of Strahan and Madison, the defense is relatively young. Pierce is starting to get older, but he's still effective. The Giants need help at safety and CB depth. They also need to get younger at OT. Other than that, there's not much to dislike.

Comment

HAHAHAHA... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Did that guy say the AFC West was pretty much "up for grabs this year"?

DUDE, what planet are you from? The Chargers have probably the best mix of talent and youth in the league. Oh and $30 million under the cap. Remember that team that went to the AFC championship game? Denver is the only team in the Division that has a chance at the Chargers and that is still very slight. I know being a Raider fan must really freaking suck balls and I totally understand I do (I'd probably take a bath with my plugged in toaster if I was a Raider fan) but how can you even have the guts to say something like that on a football website?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                      I think the Saints will win the division next year, but we'll make a wild card. Anyone who says Tampa Bay overachieved this year clearly underestimates our talent level, injuries and just plain hasn't seen us play. We should've been at least 10-6.

We have a few players getting up there in age, but the majority of our team is young and developing. The only thing that can keep us away from the playoffs is more bad playcalling from Gruden and injuries to Garcia and Graham, specifically Graham. Our offensive line will be among the league's best next year. Wade is the only weak link. Our receivers can't get any worse/more injured. Our defensive line had 3 first-year starters last year. Our linebackers will always be a strength. Corner is probably our position that will suffer the most over a year, but luckily we run a Tampa 2 where age isn't a big deal, and we have one of the top safety tandems in the league. Add in a great overall ST unit and you have a solid wild card/division contender in a weak conference.

I think the Pats and the Giants will be the biggest disappointments next year in the NFC, and I'd even go as far as saying the Giants won't make the playoffs. Just a feeling. In the AFC, Tennessee will finally blow like they should. VY will officially be a bust. NE, SD, IND, JAX & PIT are pretty familar playoff faces and that won't change. AFC regular season=boring for that reason.
                      A few things, you can pick the Giants as a dissapointment if you want, but I cant see the Pats dissapointing next year. Obviously 16-0 would be hard to match, but I can't see any situation they don't win the division.

Also I think you are overrating the Bucs offensive line a whole lot. Although the D-line looks strong if Adams continues to get better. I'm very impressed with Haye. And I'm not sure if LBers will always be a strength. That is a position within the Tampa 2 where age can catch up to you. I wonder how much Brooks has left in him.

Comment

Brooks works very hard on his athleticism. If Junior Seau can still play right now, Brooks can play even longer.

Our offensive line stunk against the Giants, so it's understandable that you would say that. We had 4 starters on our line that were rookies or 2nd-year guys. We also had 2 of our better linemen gone with injuries. I think it's fair to say they will all be healthier and the younger guys will improve.

LT: Penn & Petitgout
                        LG: Sears, Lehr
                        C: Wade/Buenning
                        RG: Joseph
                        RT: Trueblood

The depth is intriguing and something to look forward to. Improved chemistry and technique are also things I expect. Another wild card is Anthony Davis who was our starter at LT for 2 years.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think that the Steelers,Redskins,Bucs,Titans and possibly the Giants will miss the playoffs

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            With the exception of Strahan and Madison, the defense is relatively young. Pierce is starting to get older, but he's still effective. The Giants need help at safety and CB depth. They also need to get younger at OT. Other than that, there's not much to dislike.
                            Both our OTs are under 30.

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                              Brooks works very hard on his athleticism. If Junior Seau can still play right now, Brooks can play even longer.

We also had 2 of our better linemen gone with injuries.
                              Seau is playing in an entirely different scheme and his age shows. He wasn't even supposed to be a full time starter but had to because of injuries.

I hope one of those 2 better linemen you speak up isn't Pettitgout.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                Both our OTs are under 30.
                                McKenzie is fine, but is Diehl really the long term answer? If you have the chance to draft a franchise LT and can shift him back inside to LG, wouldn't you do it?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information