Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What playoff teams this year miss them next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
    I agree they dont like to spend in FA......They build form the draft...
    And that is a combination of them being so good at building from the draft, and from being somewhat cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
      And that is a combination of them being so good at building from the draft, and from being somewhat cheap.
      They are very cheap in FA........But it works for them...they have a good team

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        Just to add to that previous Chargers post. 30 million free in cap money means nothing to the Chargers. They won't spend it in free agency.
        Very true...but still, no one should stand in there way in the West. They have to be the clear cut favorite...the team is loaded and Vincent Jackson is ready to breakout.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Very true...but still, no one should stand in there way in the West. They have to be the clear cut favorite...the team is loaded and Vincent Jackson is ready to breakout.
          I agree that Jackson is going to be bigger next year...He can only get better he is a great young WR

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
            How many Lombardi trophies has that young mix of talent lead you to? None? By the way nice job finally reaching the AFC Championship game again, it only took 12 years? Did you guys win? Wow, yeah you're soo dangerous and untouchable, it's not like LT is getting older and coming off some bum knee issues, and never mind the fact that his backup is as good as gone. No, you keep living it up, only 5 more AFC West championships and you'll be tied with the Raiders. Yeah it's so dreadful to be an Oakland fan, I mean yeah we have to live off past glory right now because were in a slump but at least I have those championships to look back on while you Dolts fans are crying and beating off to Natrone Means and your only AFC Conference Championship. Give me a break.
            Wow you said it! You told me! The fact is yeah the Raiders were great 30 years ago, now not so much. Were you even alive for any of their championships? Let's move on.

The point of all of this is YES you will still finish last in the AFC west in 2008, YES we will still finish first, Yes it's true you have not beaten us in what 3 or 4 straight seasons now, and YES your ex head coach that you guys loved to blame all the losses and disfunction on just took us to the AFC championship game. I would have loved to see where he would have taken us if our 2 best players were not hurt.

1 question... Does all that "past glory" really help every "present" sunday when you are mourning another loss to Denver, Kansas City or San Diego?

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
              Seafags too.
              not surprised, considering who they're in division with.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                not surprised, considering who they're in division with.
                We take pride and offense to that. #2 pick baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not coming back to the dance in '08:

Titans
                  Steelers
                  Redskins
                  Buccaneers

I'd like to say Packers as well... but that would depend a lot on the Vikings continuing to improve (quite possible) and the Bears doing something intelligent at QB (very unlikely, they seem quite happy with their 20+ year streak of mediocrity at this position).

Comment

only 20+? i thought we never had a great QB

Comment

Originally posted by KRS1 View Post
                      Wow you said it! You told me! The fact is yeah the Raiders were great 30 years ago, now not so much. Were you even alive for any of their championships? Let's move on.

The point of all of this is YES you will still finish last in the AFC west in 2008, YES we will still finish first, Yes it's true you have not beaten us in what 3 or 4 straight seasons now, and YES your ex head coach that you guys loved to blame all the losses and disfunction on just took us to the AFC championship game. I would have loved to see where he would have taken us if our 2 best players were not hurt.

1 question... Does all that "past glory" really help every "present" sunday when you are mourning another loss to Denver, Kansas City or San Diego?
                      You actually credit Norv Turner for taking an inherited team to a conference championship game which you lost? I hate to break it to you but all Norv did was stand on the sideline with his thumb up his ass and watch Cottrell turn things around by calling more agressive plays with the defense, that was the difference maker in the playoffs. Plus on top of that you weren't without your 2 best players, you were missing one and he could have played and pussied out, he had no heart. Even at 40% LT would have served as a decoy at least. On top of that Rivers being injured didn't see to effect him much considering all he had to do was drop back, it's not like he's a guy who makes a lot happen with his feet.

Yes the Raiders were great 30 years ago, around that time we were winning our first SB, something the lame Chargeless have never done, even in their last few years of "glory" that have produced nothing but disappointment. Live it up now, because your success is a product of teams on their downside more than your team actually being dominant in any way, and that's why you can't win a damn championship.

Run your mouth when your team does anything impressive anytime soon, otherwise shut up and enjoy sitting at home in February just like the Chargers and Raiders have the last 4 years.

Comment

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Cowboys...

flame away

Comment

Cowboys would have actually been my pick too, after Redskins, Titans and Buccs.

They just have a really strong division and looked really sloppy at the end of the season

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                            You actually credit Norv Turner for taking an inherited team to a conference championship game which you lost? I hate to break it to you but all Norv did was stand on the sideline with his thumb up his ass and watch Cottrell turn things around by calling more agressive plays with the defense, that was the difference maker in the playoffs. Plus on top of that you weren't without your 2 best players, you were missing one and he could have played and pussied out, he had no heart. Even at 40% LT would have served as a decoy at least. On top of that Rivers being injured didn't see to effect him much considering all he had to do was drop back, it's not like he's a guy who makes a lot happen with his feet.

Yes the Raiders were great 30 years ago, around that time we were winning our first SB, something the lame Chargeless have never done, even in their last few years of "glory" that have produced nothing but disappointment. Live it up now, because your success is a product of teams on their downside more than your team actually being dominant in any way, and that's why you can't win a damn championship.

Run your mouth when your team does anything impressive anytime soon, otherwise shut up and enjoy sitting at home in February just like the Chargers and Raiders have the last 4 years.
                            I really don't want to keep going back and fourth with you. I never said that these are the Chargers "glory years" all I said was that it was a totally stupid comment (by someone else I believe) to say they west was "up for grabs". Maybe once Al Davis kicks the bucket or loosens his death grip from the teams neck you guys have a chance. Until then enjoy heading into september knowing you have another 4-12 season to look forward to. You do have championships to lean on and remember (if you were even around to remember them) but I have competitive football to watch every sunday during the season and a realistic shot at winning a championship going into 2008.

Comment

Titans, Redskins, Buccaneers...and MAYBE Pittsburgh(Not Sure but just a guess).

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Right now, I don't think more than one team comes out of the AFC North and the AFC West each, given the schedules involved and some rebuilding back up. The division crowns are going to be important in those instances.
                                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information