Seahawks hire HC for 09?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
    I would like to see him get one more chance with out coach killer at QB to see what he could do.
    And I'd like to see Michael Vick get another chance without quarterback killer Jim Mora Jr. sticking him in the WCO.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      And I'd like to see Michael Vick get another chance without quarterback killer Jim Mora Jr. sticking him in the WCO.
      Greg Knapp was the qb coach for Steve Young and OC for Jeff Garcia, and they both did fine with him.

Comment

Originally posted by no love View Post
        Greg Knapp was the qb coach for Steve Young and OC for Jeff Garcia, and they both did fine with him.
        Except that both Steve Young and Jeff Garca are both West Coast Offense quarterbacks to a T. Mike Vick isn't. He never was. Neither was anybody on their offense.

The offensive system they ran in Atlanta was ********. They tried to implement a zone blocking scheme and a West Coast, short passing game at first. Then, they realized that Mike Vick wasn't a good fit in a disciplined, complicated passing game, and would be a better fit in a strong running game, coupled with deep play-action passing where he would be free to improvise. The result is that they were left with a mess - an offensive line built for zone blocking and three step drops that was way too small to hold up in 5 and 7 step drop pass protection.

Comment

well...you wanting mike vick to get another shot seems unlikely right now...

Comment

i like the hire but i dont like the timing. Why do they need to do this now. Why cant they wait until next season to hire him... Or even announce it.

Comment

Jim Mora is all style, very little substance.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                I would like to see him get one more chance with out coach/DOG killer at QB to see what he could do.
                That's better

Comment

I really didn't catch him down in Atlanta...but I know he has a good defensive mind.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

The Walrus is getting retired?

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
                    1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
                    2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
                    3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
                    3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
                    4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
                    5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
                    6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman