Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks hire HC for 09?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7...ext-head-coach

The Seahawks have locked up Jim Mora Jr. to be their head coach after the 2008 season, league sources have told FOXSports.com.
    Current head coach Mike Holmgren has already announced he will return for one more season, but rather than go through an extensive search, they have decided to hire from within.
    Mora is currently the team's secondary/assistant head coach, and league sources say the promotion comes with an extension. It's unclear how such a move could be made with the Rooney Rule in effect, which requires each team to interview at least one minority for any head coaching vacancy. It could be that the league is now starting to acquiesce a bit on the rule when a team knows it's going to hire from within.

Dammit you beat me by 4 minutes.

Comment

Not sure how I feel about this.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

Yeah I was thinking about the Rooney Rule before I finished the article.. It seems a bit weird.
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Its a good move to lock him up but like all ready posted I don't know how they get around the rule with out some kinda fine or some thing if he does take over as HC.
          Last edited by Splat; 02-05-2008, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Jim Mora Jr. is a great coordinator, I don't know how good of a HC he is though

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
              Jim Mora Jr. is a great coordinator, I don't know how good of a HC he is though
              I would like to see him get one more chance with out coach killer at QB to see what he could do.

Comment

i think you can get around the rooney rule if it states in the contract hes the next head coach

dallas did the same thing with garret

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  Its a good move to lock him up but like all ready posted I don't know how they get around the rule with out some kinda fine or some thing if he does take over as HC.
                  It doesn't apply if you promote from within
                  RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

I guess this gets rid of the lame duck coach concept that could come over the players...since Mora will be there throughout the year anyhow

Comment

I don't like it one bit... Mora is not a fantastic head coach, and having a lame-duck coach is just not good for a team, no matter whether you know who the next guy will be or not.

BoneKrusher

Comment

i see no reason why he wont succeed...his offense in atlanta was a WCO, and while it wasnt tailored to fit the skills of his players there, he has the players to execute it in seattle. Ive always been a fan of his coaching style, players respond to him and he is not afraid to say wat he feels. Good luck to him.
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I think this is a good move by the Seahawks and for Mora. Mora loves the Seattle area and it must be a dream for him to be a coach there. Plus Seattle will get a guy who has already developed a relationship with the players, staff and management.

I don't think Mora really got a fair shake in Atlanta because the focus was always on developing the talent on offense and it really was just inconsistent play by the players, specifically the young wr's. He has an ideal defense for his scheme in Seattle and really only needs a stout NT to finally get that defense to be great.

Anyone know when Greg Knapps contract expires? Because you know Mora will be looking to bring him on to run the WCO in Seattle.

Comment

He is going to do well this time around, like so many other coaches who were blasted only to get a job elsewhere and make it work, he's a young guy who is emotional and players love him...the WCO is built to be run by a team like Seattle, he has players he needs to win now

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

I just think he's too much of a players coach...but he doesn't have the thugs he had in Atlanta in Seattle....eh...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information