Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the NFL's most overrated players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeSixPac View Post
    I believe Wes Welker has been very over-rated this year. From all the Pats games that i was force fed, he hasn't been that incredible of a receiver. He has good hands and runs solid routes but that is it. He basically runs a slant up the middle of the field where no-one covers, catches the ball, and dives for an extra 2 yards. he's made most of his living of beating 3rd string corner backs and OLBs in short pass plays. pretty much anyone decent WR could have done what he did this year with brady throwing to him.

then again Im probly completely wrong.
    Yep he was terrible (lol). The only thing I can agree with you about is your last statement

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Dwight Freeney.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
        That's better than getting roasted by Mike Williams. (Terrence Newman)
        Newman gave up 1 TD against him when he bit on a pump fake. D-Hall is a good player, but way to inconsistent. The past 3 seasons Newman has given up 0 TD's, 2 TD's, and 1 TD. Pure Cover CB, Newman is #1 in the league, maybe not best overall (INT numbers aren't great and insn't the best in run support) but as for just shutting your guy down, Newman is #1 right now. Mike Williams was one fluke play. Hall consistantly got burnt last season. He rebounded, but lets see if he can stay consistent. Finally Newman got in the PB.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Dwight Freeney.
          I agree... very much overrated.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

umm Darrell Jackson anyone ?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
              Yep he was terrible (lol). The only thing I can agree with you about is your last statement
              In a way he's right though, because there are people who will act like he is one of the best WRs in the NFL, and if he were a #1 somewhere his numbers would be pathetic. He beats nicklebacks and LBs and gets a ton of catches, is he a good slot WR yes maybe the best, but for people who act as if he is one of the best WRs in the NFL those people overrate him beyond belief!
              HALL OF FAMER!
              PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
              JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Willie Parker?

Comment

Bart Scott, Marcus Washington.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Although he is an all-time great and just got his ring, I think Strahan is very overrated. Sure he had nine sacks, but I just don't think he is that good anymore. As we all saw in the superbowl, justin tuck is a man-child crafted out of marble by god himself, and osi takes pressure of him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ninerfan View Post
                      umm Darrell Jackson anyone ?
                      How does Darrell Jackson go from being underrated by most to overrated without any more notoriety? Does he suck? Sure looked like it. Did people think he was great? No.

Comment

Leonard Davis, he is $49.6 Mill overrated

Comment

Logan Mankins has been great ever since we drafted him, but he did not play very well in the Super Bowl. I wouldn't call him overrated from that one game.

A few Pats who are overrated:

Ellis Hobbs - Very inconsistent. Will look like a shutdown corner at times but will get beat quite a bit too. He also will give receivers a lot of space off of the line and give up 5-10 yard passes a lot.

Richard Seymour - Was not as dominant as usual this year, Ty Warren could be the better player now. I love big Rich and would like to think its from injuries, but many Pats fans would not mind to see him traded.

Ben Watson - Is very talented and very smart, but will make bonehead mistakes and be a nonfactor at times.

Comment

Which season is Carson's one good one?

The one with 32 TD's 12 INT's and 3800 yards... or
                            The one with 28 TD's 13 INT's and 4000 yards?

He wasn't very good this year, we all know that but it's not his fault our defense is trash. He's about the only one on this team worth defending.

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
                              Newman gave up 1 TD against him when he bit on a pump fake. D-Hall is a good player, but way to inconsistent. The past 3 seasons Newman has given up 0 TD's, 2 TD's, and 1 TD. Pure Cover CB, Newman is #1 in the league, maybe not best overall (INT numbers aren't great and insn't the best in run support) but as for just shutting your guy down, Newman is #1 right now. Mike Williams was one fluke play. Hall consistantly got burnt last season. He rebounded, but lets see if he can stay consistent. Finally Newman got in the PB.

I'm hoping you aren't calling Newman the best corner in the league. Not only that, but "making the probowl" is no longer a valid arguement. It just loses all meaning when Roy Williams makes it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                                didn't Roy Williams (S) get to the pro bowl again?
                                I thought he was elected due to the death of Sean Taylor. Then again, Taylor didn't play an entire season.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                                Originally posted by Borat
                                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information