Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the NFL's most overrated players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clinton Portis

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
    @SirStackAlot707

Comment

I hate to say it being a saints fan but Reggie Bush

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by Achilles33 View Post
        Although he is an all-time great and just got his ring, I think Strahan is very overrated. Sure he had nine sacks, but I just don't think he is that good anymore. As we all saw in the superbowl, justin tuck is a man-child crafted out of marble by god himself, and osi takes pressure of him as well.
        Um because he's close to retirement? That may have something to do with it. No one gameplans for Strahan anymore. He's not over or underrated, he's an old dude about to ride off into the sunset.

Overrated

Tony Romo
        Roy Williams (S/LB)
        LJ Smith
        Donovan McNabb
        Brett Favre
        Bob Sanders

Comment

phew....read the whole post and no urlacher mentions. i woulda had a freak out attack if i saw someone doing that....

some ones ive seen that i agree with:
          bob sanders
          mcnabb
          roy williams (though i do like watching him play, hell either give up a big TD or take someone out, lol)

Comment

I wouldn't call Mankins overrated. That was one game. Other than that, he was amazing.

Im going to say

-Derek Andersen
            -AJ Hawk (in his current role, ive always felt he should play MIKE in the NFL, he's not a WILL, thats a waste of his talent)
            -Asante Samuel
            -Nick Mangold
            -Chris McCalister (age hit him)
            -Ryan Grant
            -Jason Campbell
            -Santana Moss
            -Carson Palmer
            -Jamal Lewis
            -Dunta Robinson

im forgetting more

Comment

Strahan isn't overrated at all. He still demands double teams from plenty of teams. He's still the best run stuffing DE in the league, and one heck of a pass rusher. Against Dallas in the playoffs, HE was the one getting doubled, sometimes even tripled, and still breaking through and creating havoc. He's clutch, and makes clutch plays. Even at his old age, he still has it. He's not the 2000 Strahan, but who is? Strahan is far from overrated.

Comment

Reggie Bush
                Bob Sanders
                Roy Williams

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Achillis are you collecting negative rep, or are you just that un-intelligent/unlucky

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                    I hate to say it being a saints fan but Reggie Bush
                    I am honestly surprised I forgot about both Reggie Bush and Roy Williams. I am really off of my game here.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                      Um because he's close to retirement? That may have something to do with it. No one gameplans for Strahan anymore. He's not over or underrated, he's an old dude about to ride off into the sunset.

Overrated

Tony Romo
                      Roy Williams (S/LB)
                      LJ Smith
                      Donovan McNabb
                      Brett Favre
                      Bob Sanders
                      You talk about old dudes and then you throw Favre on your list.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

I think everyone now realizes that Roy Williams is awful, so I wouldn't call him overrated anymore.

Reggie Bush, honestly, Im starting to think he's become underrated. Its amazing how the bandwagon turns, theres a lot of people who are labeling him a bust already now. Im not ready to say that about him. I have a feeling he has a bounceback year after getting a dose of reality this year.

He can still be a good back, just not the game changer GOAT like RB that everyone was calling him on draft day.

For my own team, Id say

-Aaron Ross (he's great, but regressed at the end of the year, maybe im being too critical)
                        -Jeremy Shockey (we've yet to see him under this new scheme however, so who knows)
                        -Plaxico Burress (great, but theres a couple of WRs in the NFL id rather have strictly from a talent perspective)
                        -Brandon Jacobs (i soured on him. he's really just a short yardage back)
                        -Kawika Mitchell (he's a great complimentary player with intangibles, but he cannot be the feature Backer in an LB core. Also benefits from the scheme)

Comment

ethan albright

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                          12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Dare I say... the 2007 New England Patriots?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Reggie Bush, honestly, Im starting to think he's become underrated. Its amazing how the bandwagon turns, theres a lot of people who are labeling him a bust already now.
                              The beauty of flip-flopping opinions at the drop of a hat, a trait which many posters on this site are equipped with.
                              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                                The beauty of flip-flopping opinions at the drop of a hat, a trait which many posters on this site are equipped with.
                                The most recent example of the fluidity of the consensus opinion:
                                • Prior to the season - "Manning is better than Tom Brady."
                                • Midway through the season - "Brady is better than Manning."
                                • Prior to the SB - "Brady is the greatest of all time!"
                                • Now - "He is overrated."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information