Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the NFL's most overrated players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    -Nick Mangold
    He's given up like...2 sacks....ever.

    Comment


    • #47
      I just dont understand the Tony Romo comments.

      He's been playing in the league for a year and a half and has performed about as good as you can in that time.

      I don't think anyone has ever said he is better than Brady, Manning, Favre... or even Carson Palmer for that matter?

      I dont think that is the general consensus at all. But I would like everyone on here to think about what their feelings would be towards the QB of their team if they had done what Romo has in his first year and a half. He has shown plenty of promise and basically just needs more experience/maturity.

      Also, to the guy who said Leonard Davis is 49 Million dollars overrated -- Can you tell me what he hasn't done that the other Guards that got huge paydays have? In fact, can you tell me what he hasn't done that any other guard in the league has this year? He was second team All-pro and one of the most dominating guards in the league this year.


      however,
      Roy Williams sucks. Bradie James is also overrated.
      Last edited by Burns336; 02-06-2008, 08:05 PM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
        I just dont understand the Tony Romo comments.

        He's been playing in the league for a year and a half and has performed about as good as you can in that time.

        I don't think anyone has ever said he is better than Brady, Manning, Favre... or even Carson Palmer for that matter?

        I dont think that is the general consensus at all. But I would like everyone on here to think about what their feelings would be towards the QB of their team if they had done what Romo has in his first year and a half. He has shown plenty of promise and basically just needs more experience/maturity.
        Tony Romo has proven himself to be a very good quarterback. I don't believe he's overrated at all.

        "Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
        Originally posted by Borat
        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
          Clinton Portis
          Really?

          6th in yards 4th in TDs behind a terrible line this year. Hopefully Zorn's WCO can maximize his production.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by fenikz View Post
            Leonard Davis, he is $49.6 Mill overrated
            I thought he played really well for the Boys as an OG. He was destroying people every time I saw him.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              Which season is Carson's one good one?

              The one with 32 TD's 12 INT's and 3800 yards... or
              The one with 28 TD's 13 INT's and 4000 yards?

              He wasn't very good this year, we all know that but it's not his fault our defense is trash. He's about the only one on this team worth defending.
              That season he was as good as any other QB was, and that led to him being anointed as an elite QB. His numbers in '06 were good, but Matt Hasselbeck has put up those numbers and I don't see anyone calling him elite and on par with Manning and Brady.

              Comment


              • #52
                Yeah. Portis isnt overrated.

                And Terrence Newman didnt give up just 2 TDs 2 years ago. I remember him giving up a TD to Lelie and to Mike Williams. I remember there were others as well. Just arent coming to my head.

                Overrated:

                Alge Crumpler (He is getting the respect he deserves now, but even when he was putting up good numbers, he really was not good). He drops nearly everything thrown at him.

                Patrick Willis (a bit). He is good. We know that. He is not the best MLB in the NFL or NFC. He is too one dimensional right now. Give him a year or two.

                Cant think of any other guys right now. Ill add them to the list as they come to me.

                "He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I think everyone now realizes that Roy Williams is awful, so I wouldn't call him overrated anymore.

                  Reggie Bush, honestly, Im starting to think he's become underrated. Its amazing how the bandwagon turns, theres a lot of people who are labeling him a bust already now. Im not ready to say that about him. I have a feeling he has a bounceback year after getting a dose of reality this year.
                  Not everyone realizes that Roy Williams is awful, unless you are referring to the people who watch football often, not just follow football. Pro Bowls speak to this, as do the number of people who talk about him and his big hits. He is 'overrated' regardless of how many people on this site realize that he sux.

                  Bush is not underrated, no way, no how. Similar to Roy Williams above, although Bush is a regular hype machine. Every game the Saints play, its Reggie this, Reggie that (in marketing the game to the public). To much hype and not enough production. Bust? Who knows. I sure know that him ever being that true #1 that you can rely on is a long shot. You don't draft a guy #2 or ever really pay a guy big bucks that he will probably get if he is always going to be in a split back situation.


                  Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

                  Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Shaun Alexander

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
                      Not everyone realizes that Roy Williams is awful, unless you are referring to the people who watch football often, not just follow football. Pro Bowls speak to this, as do the number of people who talk about him and his big hits. He is 'overrated' regardless of how many people on this site realize that he sux.

                      Bush is not underrated, no way, no how. Similar to Roy Williams above, although Bush is a regular hype machine. Every game the Saints play, its Reggie this, Reggie that (in marketing the game to the public). To much hype and not enough production. Bust? Who knows. I sure know that him ever being that true #1 that you can rely on is a long shot. You don't draft a guy #2 or ever really pay a guy big bucks that he will probably get if he is always going to be in a split back situation.
                      im referring to overrated on this board. if we discuss who's overrated in general, that would take too long.

                      Theres still hope for Bush. He's gotta work that lower body and accept the fact that he can't dance in the NFL. He won't live up to the hype though.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                        That season he was as good as any other QB was, and that led to him being anointed as an elite QB. His numbers in '06 were good, but Matt Hasselbeck has put up those numbers and I don't see anyone calling him elite and on par with Manning and Brady.
                        I think anyone who has called him on par with Brady/Manning is a fool, I still feel Carson is the best QB in that second tier of QB's... Although after this year it's debatable.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          As of right now it has to be Al Harris, I don't understand how he makes it to the Pro Bowl after having his worst season of his career.

                          Also I feel Asante Samuel is overrated as well, he doesn't play at the line with the wide outs, instead he plays 10 yards back and gets those lucky game ending INTs.

                          edit: I forgot to add this, and Smauel always covers the wide outs who he faces on the left side, he never always on the number one guy.
                          Last edited by PACKmanN; 02-06-2008, 10:33 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                            Asante Samuel, I have been saying this for years, he never plays at the line with receivers, he always 10 yards in front of them and gets lucky with his INTs.
                            almost always gets help up top as well. the Pats never have their top CB in man with the other team's best WR. He's almost always getting help up top, or he's playing zone.

                            or he's on an island against the opponents #2 WR, but never on an island with a #1.

                            he's a system CB, at least thats all he's proven thus far. he wouldn't be a "shutdown" CB in any scheme. however, its also hard to write him off completely bc he didnt get that chance to prove himself yet. but as of now, very overrated.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              im referring to overrated on this board. if we discuss who's overrated in general, that would take too long.

                              Theres still hope for Bush. He's gotta work that lower body and accept the fact that he can't dance in the NFL. He won't live up to the hype though.
                              hmm, okay. Well, in general, this board is more intellegent than the normal fan, so that's more difficult to assess. A single individual could make you believe that a player is overrated, so i just go by what i generally hear.


                              Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

                              Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                If were talking about overrated as in specifically on this forum: Terrence Newman and Osi Umenyiora. Both are very good, but they are considered elite on this forum.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information