No announcement yet.

Possible Franchise Tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So does this mean Julius Peppers will be available? Maybe he tanked in '07 to get off of the Panthers..

Comment

i hope suggs is franchised...actually, i hope we sign him to a long term deal, but for now the tag will do.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Peppers has one year left on his rookie contract, at a costly $14M according to USA Today (triggered by incentives in his rookie contract, ex. making a certain number of Pro Bowls, I remember hearing). Plus I seriously doubt anyone would tank a contract year, it's just not good business.

He and his agents will be looking for Dwight Freeney money of course (although it would help the cause to be near as good as Freeney), and he will in all likelihood get it, what with the market and the ever-growing salary cap.
        Last edited by Geo; 02-07-2008, 12:08 AM.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Also, Dallas Clark is a lock for the franchise tag by the Colts.

Schefter saying that the Seahawks were considering letting Trufant test the open market was surprising to hear, I thought.

Comment

I hope the Titans dont tag Hanyesworth.
            If they do, Corey Williams will be the #1 DT FA, and he'll cost too much money, so we probably won't sign him.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

I'm pretty sure that Suggs will be in Baltimore next season, either with a long term or a franchise.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
                I'm pretty sure that Suggs will be in Baltimore next season, either with a long term or a franchise.
                this makes me happy.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                  I so hope Asomugha isn't tagged.
                  Hes a lock to be tagged according to Kiffin.

Comment

FLozell Adams has a good chance of getting the tag.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Karlos Dansby & Nnamdi Asomugha & Randy Moss & Terrell Suggs

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                        ya Aso is a FA

Dansby is a basic lock to be franchised
                        BOOO!!! He'd look so good in a Jets uni
                        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
                          According to Adam Schefter of NFL Network based on talk in league circles, the following players could be franchised in the next two weeks: Cardinals linebacker Karlos Dansby, Panthers tackle Jordan Gross, Raiders cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha, Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, Patriots receiver Randy Moss, and Seahawks cornerback Marcus Trufant.

Other potential tag-wearers include Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen and Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs.

Tag season is from FEB 7 to FEB 21
                          So basically just the best players? Surprise.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            I don't think Berrian is going to get tagged...I really think he wants out of Chicago...
                            First of all, the two have nothing to do with each other. So your whole post makes no sense.

Second of all, Berrian has actually been on record as saying that he would be fine if the team tagged him, as that's a lot of money and he doesn't want to move anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Randy Moss is definitely a lock for the Patriots. Even if both parties verbally agree to terms earlier before/when free agency begins, they cannot sign him to a new deal until the end of April. Using the franchise tag however, protects them and gives them opportunity to sign him later if they so choose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                                I hope the Titans dont tag Hanyesworth.
                                If they do, Corey Williams will be the #1 DT FA, and he'll cost too much money, so we probably won't sign him.
                                You seriously think the with the most cap room in the NFL wouldn't tag the defender who basically MADE their entire D in 07? DT tag is like $6M in 08, it barely even registers with the cap room the Titans have.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information