No announcement yet.

Possible Franchise Tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We won't tag Moss, we have cap space to resign.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
    1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
    2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
    3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
    3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
    4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
    5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
    6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
    7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
      We won't tag Moss, we have cap space to resign.
      Because Moss reduced his contract in April 2007 after being traded to New England, the Collective Bargaining Agreement reportedly prevents the team from signing him to a new deal before the start of the new league year, on February 29.

This means that Moss will technically become a free agent before he can ink the deal.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
        Because Moss reduced his contract in April 2007 after being traded to New England, the Collective Bargaining Agreement reportedly prevents the team from signing him to a new deal before the start of the new league year, on February 29.

This means that Moss will technically become a free agent before he can ink the deal.
        :( :( :( :( :(

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
        1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
        2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
        3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
        3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
        4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
        5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
        6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
        7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
          :( :( :( :( :(
          Sorry man but if they are smart they should TAG him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

so who cares if he does become a FA? after a season like that, its not like he is going anywhere, no matter how much money people throw at him. Just because he hits the open market for a few days doesnt mean that he is gunna sign with another team. If you all recall, he took a pay cut to go to NE in the first place. He completely rejuvenated his career and its not like he is playing to fill up his piggy bank. Patriots fans can relax, Moss will be back with you next year. Why would he leave?
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

You can take Sapp off the list....

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Money would be one reason..He took a cut to get out of Oakland. This could be his last big contract. If someone gives him a long term big money deal than he could go somewhere else. I would not take the chance I would TAG him.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Money would be one reason..He took a cut to get out of Oakland. This could be his last big contract. If someone gives him a long term big money deal than he could go somewhere else. I would not take the chance I would TAG him.
                  I agree this could be his last big deal .....Dont take a chance Tag him..Who else are you going to tag anyway?

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

I may be wrong on this, but I have a feeling that when a player becomes a free agent by voiding his contract, rather than just reaching the end of the deal, he cannot be franchise tagged. I seem to remember that being the case with Kerney last year.

If that is right, then Asomugha cannot be tagged.
                    TD 2011 catch-phrase: "explosive"

Comment

Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                      I don't think Berrian is going to get tagged...I really think he wants out of Chicago...
                      like BF51 said, that has nothing to do with it...look at Briggs last year...plus, Berrian has never said anything to make anyone think he wants out of Chicago, he's an up and coming WR who is our main target, and he's a FA so he will prolly be looking to get an improved contract from his previous, which is prolly crap compared to what he can get now, but in no way is him looking for a better contract a sign of him wanting out of Chicago

question tho: how many franchise tags are teams allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                        like BF51 said, that has nothing to do with it...look at Briggs last year...plus, Berrian has never said anything to make anyone think he wants out of Chicago, he's an up and coming WR who is our main target, and he's a FA so he will prolly be looking to get an improved contract from his previous, which is prolly crap compared to what he can get now, but in no way is him looking for a better contract a sign of him wanting out of Chicago

question tho: how many franchise tags are teams allowed?
                        A club can designate one franchise player or one transition player in any given year.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by D-Rod View Post
                          I may be wrong on this, but I have a feeling that when a player becomes a free agent by voiding his contract, rather than just reaching the end of the deal, he cannot be franchise tagged. I seem to remember that being the case with Kerney last year.

If that is right, then Asomugha cannot be tagged.
                          Actually, Kerney and his agent(s) purposefully exercised his void option after the franchise tag deadline, so that he could reach the free agent market.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I was looking it up could not find the awnser leave it to GEO he knows all

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Eagles place franchise tag on L.J. Smith

The Philadephia Eagles have placed their franchise tag on tight end L.J. Smith, NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting.

NFL teams were able to begin placing franchise tags on players on Thursday, and have until Feb. 21 to do it. The franchise tag for tight ends is $4.522 million.
                              Full story: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

this doesnt make too much sense to me

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information