Possible Franchise Tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
    rightfully so. If he did move teams it would be a shocker.

Number 1! Number 1! Number 1!
    Go Dewayne!!
    Heh, I remember doing a Jets franchise in Madden 07 PC and almost fell off my chair looking at his contract :P I play with restricted cap rules too so it was a challenge dealing with Dewayne.
    Last edited by OzTitan; 02-07-2008, 09:05 PM.

Comment

No one wants a franchise tag from the Rams cuz they don't wanna be associated that way with the Rams.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
        Actually, Kerney and his agent(s) purposefully exercised his void option after the franchise tag deadline, so that he could reach the free agent market.
        Is the date a contract can be voided typically standard or contract specific?

Either way is somewhat interesting - if it's the former and it's standard, why would a player ever exercise it before the franchise tag deadline has passed? And if it isn't standard but rather contract specific, then the Falcons screwed up pretty badly by making it possible for him to void his deal after the tag deadline has passed.

Comment

LJ Smith is a good player but I don't know about tag good.

Comment

I'm absolutely shocked the Eagles tagged Smith. That seems to be very unlike them. Although the tag number for TEs isn't all that large.

Comment

Report: Ravens to franchise tag Terrell Suggs

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Ravens will place the franchise tag on prospective free agent DE Terrell Suggs.

Schefter also says that Nnamdi Asomugha will get the tag from the Raiders, which is hardly a surprise. Others who could be franchise tendered as early as today: Chiefs DE Jared Allen, Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby, and Titans DT Albert Haynesworth. Other possibilities closer to the Feb. 21 deadline: Randy Moss, Dallas Clark, Jordan Gross, and Bernard Berrian. Feb. 7 - 8:44 am et

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                No one wants a franchise tag from the Rams cuz they don't wanna be associated that way with the Rams.
                well obviously, the Rams, and St. Louis as a whole, suck...I would rather kill myself than be a fan of St. Louis

Comment

good to see Archuleta is the highest paid safety, i think i wanna barf right now. and seeing mike brown at #10 makes me sad as well. y can't archuleta be the 1 on IR every year

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I'm absolutely shocked the Eagles tagged Smith. That seems to be very unlike them. Although the tag number for TEs isn't all that large.
                    Same here I just cant think why

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Originally posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
                      Same here I just cant think why
                      The TE tag isn't really that much, and just as a guess based on the past few years, the Eagles are in healthy cap shape, so maybe they felt the cap hit the tag induces is well worth the possibility of landing a draft pick for him in a trade. After all, TE in the draft looks pretty weak. It would seem unlikely a team looking for a TE early could do better than Smith, so the Eagles may have suitors for 2nd/3rd round choices.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                        The TE tag isn't really that much, and just as a guess based on the past few years, the Eagles are in healthy cap shape, so maybe they felt the cap hit the tag induces is well worth the possibility of landing a draft pick for him in a trade. After all, TE in the draft looks pretty weak. It would seem unlikely a team looking for a TE early could do better than Smith, so the Eagles may have suitors for 2nd/3rd round choices.
                        I'm just shocked because everything I heard from fans other places is that the Eagles are happy to part way with Smith. They are fed up with his inconsistent play and most like the potential of Celek.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                          I agree. I also think they dont know just yet what they want to do with LJ and this gives them more time to make up their minds.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

wow.
                            marvin harrison makes more than manning.

full of shocks!
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Keep in mind these are just one-year salaries guys. Some players will make 10 mil in one year and 2 mil the next, it's all how they are structured.

Anyway...it looks like the Bears won't franchise Berrian, so there should be some hefty competition for him should he hit the market.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Cards likely to tag Dansby. http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/108514
                                With he and Suggs most likely being tagged, who are the top LBs on the market? Briggs is all I can think of at the moment

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                                my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                                But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information