Possible Franchise Tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
    I'd love Justin Smith to come to the Skins if the price was right.

I think he would be a nice compliment to Andre Carter at LDE.
    That would be a good move you guys need help on that D-LINE.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

• Meh...I know that the franchise tag is probably just a preventive move in the Bengals case, but that's a lot of money for a right tackle, and not an exceptionally good one at that.

If I was a Bengals fan I'd be happy though, it's not your money and it's not like Mike Brown is known for throwing cash around.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Andrews is 26 and still has a ton of upside. He'll get guard money but can play tackle. He was the one player I felt we couldn't let walk that was a FA this offseason. He's important to our immediate success and future, he's of added importance because he's protecting what we're built around. I'd rather see him locked up long term but it's better than letting him go, he would've had a chance at stupid money in FA.

And again, thank god it wasn't Justin Smith.

Comment

• Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
          Andrews is 26 and still has a ton of upside. He'll get guard money but can play tackle. He was the one player I felt we couldn't let walk that was a FA this offseason. He's important to our immediate success and future, he's of added importance because he's protecting what we're built around. I'd rather see him locked up long term but it's better than letting him go, he would've had a chance at stupid money in FA.

And again, thank god it wasn't Justin Smith.
          What do you mean by guard money? The franchise tag is for offensive lineman, so he'll get the average of the top 5 left tackles in the NFL. I would guess (being lazy) that it's probably somewhere around 10 million.

Again, it's not a bad move, but in thinking of right tackles tagged, I'd take Jordan Gross over Andrews.

Comment

• It was good move but alot of money.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              What do you mean by guard money? The franchise tag is for offensive lineman, so he'll get the average of the top 5 left tackles in the NFL. I would guess (being lazy) that it's probably somewhere around 10 million.

Again, it's not a bad move, but in thinking of right tackles tagged, I'd take Jordan Gross over Andrews.
              7.5 million. Top guard money.

Comment

• Im still wondering if we tag Flozell or not, heard rumors earlier, but nothing since.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Ok... I misunderstood. I thought they listed tackles seperate. With that said, I completely agree about Gross.

Thinking ahead it would seem possible that this move is to keep Levi at LT and Willie at RT, then cut Bobbie Williams and move Andrews to start at RG and the first backup to RT. Then the right side of the line would just be a huge chunk of meat to run at.

I know we're building around the line and have two very good tackles but 17% of the salaries is tied up in Andrews/Jones/Anderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    7.5 million. Top guard money.
                    Umm...there's no such thing. You can't tag a player as a guard, it's all under offensive lineman. That's why the Seahawks didn't tag Steve Hutchison.

Comment

• I think what he means is that that is the same cost paid (per year average) to coveted free agent guards nowadays.

The Seahawks should have used the franchise tag on Hutchinson, but they instead opted for the miserable transition tag (which ticked off the Walrus to no end) which doesn't require compensation if a player signs another team's offer sheet (Minny in this case). Maybe they were saving the tag for Alexander, but I think they reached a long-term deal before free agency.
                      Last edited by Geo; 02-18-2008, 03:55 PM.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

• im really happy we are keeping andrews even for that money. IMO he could end up being one of the best in the league in a few years. i made it a point to watch him a ton this season and he is an animal. he is still a bit raw but has all the tools to be dominate. his athleticism is really surprising as well.

^A Bonekrusher production^
                        Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• Chiefs franchise tag DE Allen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

"If I play under the franchise tag, this will be my last year with the Chiefs," Allen told NFL.com at the Pro Bowl. "I would like to be a part of (the team) but there is a business aspect of this, too."

They left out the part of his quote when he said he would be fine with the tag as long as a long term deal was in place before the first game of the 08' season. If a deal is not worked out I believe the Chiefs would have to tag him next year as well if they want to keep him Allen is not tha kinda guy to back down from what he said.

Comment

• ^lol, ESPNews has that story about Allen as breaking news.

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                              Chiefs franchise tag DE Allen.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

"If I play under the franchise tag, this will be my last year with the Chiefs," Allen told NFL.com at the Pro Bowl. "I would like to be a part of (the team) but there is a business aspect of this, too."

They left out the part of his quote when he said he would be fine with the tag as long as a long term deal was in place before the first game of the 08' season. If a deal is not worked out I believe the Chiefs would have to tag him next year as well if they want to keep him Allen is not tha kinda guy to back down from what he said.
                              He should have a few drinks to celebrate.

Comment

• This is upsetting. He seems like a man of his word.

And maybe I'm missing something that you can enlighten me on, but if they want to have a deal done before the first game in 08, why not just get it worked out now and sign him for the long term? He is our best defensive player by far. I guess I don't understand the downside to locking him up for another 3-5 years.

Originally posted by fenikz
                                His soft D really turns me off
                                ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information