Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Toronto Bills?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Toronto Bills?

    Per PFT.

    Bills owner Ralph Wilson thinks that Toronto is ready for an NFL team. And he thinks that Buffalo might be getting ready to lose one.

    "It reminds me of my trip to Dallas a few months ago," Wilson said of the city where the Bills will play eight games over the next five years. "They're building in Dallas, Texas, everywhere, cranes, brand-new structures. And I see the same thing here in Toronto."

    "It's no secret, Buffalo is diminishing in size," Wilson added.

    But the 89-year-old owner of the Bills wouldn't comment on what might happen in the future. His family is expected to sell the team after he passes, and it could be that interests in Toronto purchase the franchise and move it there permanently.


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

    WHO DAT

  • #2
    I'd say it's just a matter of time until there is a NFL franchise in Toronto. Either the NFL gives the city an extension team or the Bills will relocate.

    I already posted this basically the same thing btw ;)
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...5&postcount=31



    Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you think its a good move?

      Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

      WHO DAT

      Comment


      • #4
        As someone who attended an NFL recruiting seminar last semester (They were looking mostly for finance majors though, sucks for me. At least I got two free NFL hats), this isn't news.

        Comment


        • #5
          Living in Toronto it is no secret we are ready and capable of holding a NFL franchise permanently. It is currently the fifth largest city in North America. This "trial-basis" with the Bills will only further solidify this belief amongst NFL insiders.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 619 View Post
            Living in Toronto it is no secret we are ready and capable of holding a NFL franchise permanently. It is currently the fifth largest city in North America. This "trial-basis" with the Bills will only further solidify this belief amongst NFL insiders.
            I know Toronto is capable of holding a NFL franchise permanently. But are the people ready to support.( since you live there you would know)

            Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

            WHO DAT

            Comment


            • #7
              Being the fifth largest city in North America doesn't help if the people isn't interested in supporting the team. Living in Norway I don't know much about the interest for the NFL in Toronto, so what's your take on that 619?

              The the support is good enough, I would think that financially it would be a good move by the Bills to relocate across the border.



              Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

              Comment


              • #8
                Im waiting on 619 to respond........

                Sick sig by Jackalope

                LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

                Comment


                • #9
                  The only thing that hinder the NFL in Toronto is the CFL. As everybody should know by now, it would put an end to the CFL. Of course the NFL team would be supported, I'm in Québec and I would make the trip at least once a year. But the attendence for the Argos and Tiger-cats would drop drastically, both team will have to fold, and kiss a TV contract goodbye if there is no team in southern ontario.

                  But there is no doubt in my mind that that Canada would embrace the Toronto franchise as their team and support it. The Raptors gets good support and Football is a lot bigger up here than basketball

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Gi-15 View Post
                    The only thing that hinder the NFL in Toronto is the CFL. As everybody should know by now, it would put an end to the CFL. Of course the NFL team would be supported, I'm in Québec and I would make the trip at least once a year. But the attendence for the Argos and Tiger-cats would drop drastically, both team will have to fold, and kiss a TV contract goodbye if there is no team in southern ontario.

                    But there is no doubt in my mind that that Canada would embrace the Toronto franchise as their team and support it. The Raptors gets good support and Football is a lot bigger up here than basketball
                    If the Arena league can survive in the US with 32 NFL frachises, why couldn't the CFL survive in Canada with 1?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      is the AFL a real healthy league? I don't know it much, but isn't there about 2 relocation each year? There is not many market in Canada to support a team, Québec, Halifax comes to mind... but not many other, Ottawa can't keep their own...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It will hurt the CFL more that its already hurting

                        Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

                        WHO DAT

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Downfall of the NFL if there is ever a team outside of the USA.
                          HALL OF FAMER!
                          PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
                          JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

                          Xbox Live - Kevown8999

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Gi-15 View Post
                            is the AFL a real healthy league? I don't know it much, but isn't there about 2 relocation each year? There is not many market in Canada to support a team, Québec, Halifax comes to mind... but not many other, Ottawa can't keep their own...
                            I don't follow the arena league closely enough to answer any of those questions, but I have seen games within the last full year on both ESPN and NBC, so I assumed they were doing okay for themselves.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
                              Downfall of the NFL if there is ever a team outside of the USA.
                              You think? I'd love to know why.

                              XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information