Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Bowl Skills Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by fenikz View Post
    I believe the fastest he has ever ran a 40 electronically timed was a 4.19
    I'm calling bulls*** on that.


    The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

    If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

    <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

    Comment


    • #32
      this article says Hester ran a 4.27
      http://www.suntimes.com/sports/couch...greg13.article

      4.27 also
      http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...er-cover_x.htm

      4.27 as well
      http://cbs4.com/sports/University.Of....2.396326.html

      so it looks like he ran a 4.27 at Miami's "Timing Day" after disappointing at the combine

      he ran a 4.41 indoor and a 4.27 outdoor, so take it fwiw

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
        this article says Hester ran a 4.27
        http://www.suntimes.com/sports/couch...greg13.article

        4.27 also
        http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...er-cover_x.htm

        4.27 as well
        http://cbs4.com/sports/University.Of....2.396326.html

        so it looks like he ran a 4.27 at Miami's "Timing Day" after disappointing at the combine

        he ran a 4.41 indoor and a 4.27 outdoor, so take it fwiw
        Does Miami give notoriously fast times, ala Va. Tech?


        The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

        If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

        <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
          Does Miami give notoriously fast times, ala Va. Tech?
          Not usually. But the idea of it is stupid. NOBODY runs in the 4.2s except Olympic Sprinters and prospects on NCAA and Madden.

          Comment


          • #35
            ^ and Brian Witherspoon :)

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
              Not usually. But the idea of it is stupid. NOBODY runs in the 4.2s except Olympic Sprinters and prospects on NCAA and Madden.

              And not even them. I think I read an article that when Ben Johnson, all doped up on steroids, ran his 9.79 100m in 1988 they broke down his run and his 40 yards dash was 4.35 electronically timed.

              People always forget to add the .2 sec for hand timed 40's, but it's all relative anyway since a guy running a 4.4 hand timed is still going to be .2 seconds faster then a guy running a 4.6 since they take in the same correction factor.

              Comment


              • #37
                Except Hester, who once ran a 3.68 on a track of spun gold. Backward.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
                  not to mention Hester's feet eat babies
                  Darrell Green wouldve still finished 2nd i bet in the fastest man



                  Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                    Darrell Green wouldve still finished 2nd i bet in the fastest man
                    Last time he was officially timed was when he was 40 years old and ran a 4.2 flat.

                    Sig By:The Dynasty

                    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by PackerMang View Post
                      And not even them. I think I read an article that when Ben Johnson, all doped up on steroids, ran his 9.79 100m in 1988 they broke down his run and his 40 yards dash was 4.35 electronically timed.

                      People always forget to add the .2 sec for hand timed 40's, but it's all relative anyway since a guy running a 4.4 hand timed is still going to be .2 seconds faster then a guy running a 4.6 since they take in the same correction factor.
                      Olympic sprinters will pull away from football players after that first 40 yards.....I guarantee you that. Maintaining that speed over distance is what seperates high level sprinters from other athletes such as football players/bball players.

                      Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Devin Hester isn't amazingly fast. His quicks, acceleration and vision are unreal though. Those should be his 100 ratings in Madden btw.
                        I remember: Sean Taylor

                        Bosanac01

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Antonio Cromartie would be the fastest I bet. His straight line speed is unreal, when he gets a pick and has some real estate he is just so much faster than everyone else on the field its unreal.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Honestly when your trying to argue anywhere from 4.2-4.4 its not that big of a difference to make a big deal over, you might be faster but I guarantee that 4.4 guy can stay within arm distance, people never talk about pro shuttle times on here and thats probably the most important...The guys who can start and stop, and get back to top end speed the fastest always look like their playing faster on the field then they time.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X

                            Debug Information