Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV Commentator Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TV Commentator Rankings

    Dr. Z provides a 4 page review. Enjoy.

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...x.html?eref=T1

    Discuss.


    sig by bosanac01

  • #2
    I speak for all Giants fans when I say I hate Joe Buck.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I speak for all Giants fans when I say I hate Joe Buck.
      I hate joe buck, becuase when the Mets played the Cardinals Joe didnt call it straight... may or may not have to do with the fact Joe called games for the Cards for years... I'm willing to bet, a good margin, that it did.


      sig by bosanac01

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
        I hate joe buck, becuase when the Mets played the Cardinals Joe didnt call it straight... may or may not have to do with the fact Joe called games for the Cards for years... I'm willing to bet, a good margin, that it did.
        he hates NY in general, and always takes shots at the NY teams. For football, he particularly hates Eli Manning, and takes subtle shots at him any chance he gets. It was sweet watching him have to eat his mic for every Eli Manning playoff game this year.

        For Fox's lead commentator, thats not acceptable. His bias is a joke. Aikman, i have no problem with him, but can't stand Buck.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          he hates NY in general, and always takes shots at the NY teams. For football, he particularly hates Eli Manning, and takes subtle shots at him any chance he gets. It was sweet watching him have to eat his mic for every Eli Manning playoff game this year.

          For Fox's lead commentator, thats not acceptable. His bias is a joke. Aikman, i have no problem with him, but can't stand Buck.
          Yeah I hear that.. Hopefully the Mets can get it rolling with Johan and run through Buck and his mic straight to the world series..


          sig by bosanac01

          Comment


          • #6
            I'd put Jesse Palmer as the #1 color commentator.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Average OT LB View Post
              Yeah I hear that.. Hopefully the Mets can get it rolling with Johan and run through Buck and his mic straight to the world series..
              he looks like a jerk too doesn't he? someone should kidnap him and drop him off at Fordham in the Bronx, and just videotape him get pummeled.

              Comment


              • #8
                NFL network commentators have 3 stars is this a joke?????? NFL Network showing games in general is pretty awful. Maybe some of you think their commentators are ok but I think they all stink. Having Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth I would give them a 1/2 star at the most and thats being generous.

                Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Any list that has Sam Rosen as a 4 star should be thrown out the window. In 2005 when the Packers were 4-12 we got stuck with him and Bill Maas for a lot of games and it was the worst commentary I have ever heard. Tim Ryan is a bit of an upgrade, but they are still one of the worst duos in the business.

                  Kevin Harlan and Rich Gannon are by far my favorite broadcast team.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i do agree with the guy though. Linemen make the best commentators because they actually break down the game. Most commentators just suck off the stars and don't offer any insight. I want insight. Linemen tend to be the guys that offer something about the game itself.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      i do agree with the guy though. Linemen make the best commentators because they actually break down the game. Most commentators just suck off the stars and don't offer any insight. I want insight. Linemen tend to be the guys that offer something about the game itself.
                      I agree with that too but i think it also has alot to do with ego. Guys like Sanders and such seem to me like guys who don't see the point in talking about the line or providing high quality effort. Lineman have for years been used to not being appreciated so to them, it appears to me, they put the game ahead of their own star. I feel it comes across in their voice and how they talk about the game.. which is why i really like Tony B and would very much like to see the games he calls next year.


                      sig by bosanac01

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Tony Boselli really came on late as a commentator but he's been really solid since mid season...I could easily see him getting more high profile games next season...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by PackerLegend View Post
                          NFL network commentators have 3 stars is this a joke?????? NFL Network showing games in general is pretty awful. Maybe some of you think their commentators are ok but I think they all stink. Having Bryant Gumbel and Cris Collinsworth I would give them a 1/2 star at the most and thats being generous.
                          Yes, I would agree I was quite surprised with the 3 stars there although no ones even remotely close to as worse as the MNF squad.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JagHombre22 View Post
                            Tony Boselli really came on late as a commentator but he's been really solid since mid season...I could easily see him getting more high profile games next season...
                            Yeah that'd be good, I'd like to see that. I live with NY games and Philly games all day long so I dunno If ill see more boselli but anybody else would be great.


                            sig by bosanac01

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I want to see Emmit Smith in the booth. Come on, the comedy would be priceless.

                              I rarely listen to what the commentators say anyway because im so focused on the formations and just studying the game as it goes on. Some comedy to lighten the mood would be nice once in awhile.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information