Patriots Headed for a Fall?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots Headed for a Fall?

It happened to all the other super bowl losers (other than seattle) since the year 2000. I didnt look back any further than that.

rams missed the playoffs
    oakland hasnt been the same sense
    panthers missed the playoffs
    bears missed the playoffs
    giants missed the playoffs

anyone see it coming?
    Last edited by Bengals1690; 02-07-2008, 05:58 PM.

Originally posted by mythbusta
    i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
    who dey?

i only see it happening if Bellichick gets suspended one year.

Comment

and didnt Seattle make the playoffs the next year? The infamous Romo fumble game no? I couldve sworn that was the year following the SB.

I think only Indy, Pats, Seattle, and the Giants are the only 4 teams to make the playoffs each of the last 3 years.

Comment

yea...don't see it happening in that division...

Comment

Never, Not with the easiest schedule in the league next year. And especially not with Bellichek at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            and didnt Seattle make the playoffs the next year? The infamous Romo fumble no?
            whoops. missed that one.

who dey?

Comment

yes seattle went 9-7 and made the playoffs

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
              2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

This team is way too talented not to muster at the very least 10-12 wins next season. Unlike past Super Bowl losers this is one of the greatest teams of all time.

Comment

I seriously can see it happening. The letdown after going almost perfect and getting beat by a wild card team might take a serious psychological toll. That defense is aging, too. Asante Samuel is likely gone, I belive Randy Moss is a free agent (either him or welker, Im not sure). And all of the spygate drama that is undoubtedly going to take place this summer will be wearysome.

who dey?

Comment

I do see them however being less talented this upcoming year if that makes any sense. They have a lot of question marks.

1. Will they resign Randy Moss
                    2. Theyll probably lose Stallworth
                    3. Will they bring back Seau and Bruschi?
                    4. Vrabel continues to age as well as Thomas, and Colvin isn't that great to begin with (basically their whole LB core gets worse with time/age).
                    5. Theyll probably lose Samuel, unless they choose him over Moss
                    6. Matt Light gets one year older
                    7. Harrison gets older, and we don't know if Merriweather is suited for SS in their system

basically age is the main issue.

Comment

I dont know about everyone else but I certainly hope so.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

They will make the playoffs with their division even if they need to limp in at 8-8.

But that won't happen they will be 10-6 at the absolute worst...they will most likely go 13-3.

But i hope they are awfull
                        Last edited by DeathbyStat; 02-07-2008, 06:11 PM.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I do see them however being less talented this upcoming year if that makes any sense. They have a lot of question marks.

1. Will they resign Randy Moss
                          2. Theyll probably lose Stallworth
                          3. Will they bring back Seau and Bruschi?
                          4. Vrabel continues to age as well as Thomas, and Colvin isn't that great to begin with (basically their whole LB core gets worse with time/age).
                          5. Theyll probably lose Samuel, unless they choose him over Moss
                          6. Matt Light gets one year older
                          7. Harrison gets older, and we don't know if Merriweather is suited for SS in their system

basically age is the main issue.
                          1. Moss should be back, although Im not sold on him yet. He said he only want to play with the Patriots.
                          2. Stallworth should be gone. Chad Jackson and Jabar Gaffney should fill in.
                          3. Seau? Its a toss up. Bruschi, I think hes got at least one left.
                          4. Vrabel and Thomas are still good for a couple more years, I look for them to draft an OLB this year to get younger. Colvin is a solid OLB.
                          5. Samuel is great, but he is a zone cover corner, and can be replaced. Although it will be a loss that will be missed.
                          6. Matt Light is fine, as is the OL. Every year, everyone gets one year older.
                          7. Im most worried about the safeties. I thought higher of Gene WIlson before, but I dont know now. Woudnt be surprised to see Kenny Phillips or Reggie Smith get drafted this year. I think Merriweather will work out to be be a corner with NE.

Comment

They still got Tom Brady, so yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                              1. Moss should be back, although Im not sold on him yet. He said he only want to play with the Patriots.
                              2. Stallworth should be gone. Chad Jackson and Jabar Gaffney should fill in.
                              3. Seau? Its a toss up. Bruschi, I think hes got at least one left.
                              4. Vrabel and Thomas are still good for a couple more years, I look for them to draft an OLB this year to get younger. Colvin is a solid OLB.
                              5. Samuel is great, but he is a zone cover corner, and can be replaced. Although it will be a loss that will be missed.
                              6. Matt Light is fine, as is the OL. Every year, everyone gets one year older.
                              7. Im most worried about the safeties. I thought higher of Gene WIlson before, but I dont know now. Woudnt be surprised to see Kenny Phillips or Reggie Smith get drafted this year. I think Merriweather will work out to be be a corner with NE.
                              The draft is gonna be key for them. They have the ammo, they can get better at pass rusher (Harvey or Gholston) and can nab a CB in round 2 (if Samuel is gone, they might need 2 CBs though). Oh and Colvin is good, solid, but for a team that doesn't blitz much, they need more pass rush than he offers.

ILB is easily replaceable. Safety though, like you said, might be an issue.

Come to think of it, with a good draft, they might actually get better with some youth.

I stand corrected, maybe, depending on their draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information