Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Bowl Conspiracy Theory... Patriots Cheated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl Conspiracy Theory... Patriots Cheated?

I came upon this video stating that the referees granted the Giants extra time on the clock during the last drive of the Super Bowl... It is very interesting.

Video: http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=27384
    Last edited by Thunder&Lightning; 02-07-2008, 06:20 PM.

I remember when they ****ed up with the clock, but it was just a human error. It happens more often than people realize in the game. And honestly, how the hell did this little thing favor the Pats in anyway?

Originally posted by Halsey
    I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I'm going to take a wild guess and say this guys a Patriots fan.

Comment

the patriots were robbed 50 seconds. How can you not say this was a disadvantage to the pats...

Comment

**** happens. How many penalties were not called in that game that should have been? **** happens.

Comment

true but penalties can be judgement calls...They just screwed up the time... Im not tying to b**** i just think it is interesting.

Comment

wow, everyone is so against the pats.....

im no pats fan by any stretch of the imagination but i have a feeling that if tom coughlin ran out on the field with a piece of rebar and took out tom brady's knee, it would still somehow be "human error" and perfectly legit

now i dont think theres any big conspiracy or anyting but damn people, dont be so quick to pounce on the pats

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                wow, everyone is so against the pats.....

im no pats fan by any stretch of the imagination but i have a feeling that if tom coughlin ran out on the field with a piece of rebar and took out tom brady's knee, it would still somehow be "human error" and perfectly legit

now i dont think theres any big conspiracy or anyting but damn people, dont be so quick to pounce on the pats
                I agree, the guy did a good job (well, it was ok, it was a bad setup) showing how much time should have really been taken off of the clock but it still doesn't change much for me. And while there is human error for doing scoreboards, it isn't anything this large. Oh well, its over with.

Comment

We had videogate now lets have clockgate woo!
                  Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                  oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                    I agree, the guy did a good job (well, it was ok, it was a bad setup) showing how much time should have really been taken off of the clock but it still doesn't change much for me. And while there is human error for doing scoreboards, it isn't anything this large. Oh well, its over with.
                    totally. but i still wouldnt mind seeing maybe someone do a more proffessional version of that and put what the clock should read somewhere on the screen

Comment

Oh, and this is just my opinion but I think the title is a little misleading. Maybe it shouldn't include something like Patriots Cheated with the year we've just had. Maybe something about a Time Error.

Comment

The NFL already said there was a bit of a clock screw up during the game, I'm pretty sure...

Comment

this is soooooooooo stupid!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Mike Carey did a great job reffing the game.

Comment

Haha, I love his little comment about Coughlin tapping the referee to let him know he wants a timeout and how that should have been a 15 yard penalty. With recent developments I don't think the Patriots have any room to be griping about being ripped off. How about talking to the 31 other teams the Patriots have played since Belichick got there. You know what is also against the rules, taping other teams.

The part where Jacobs gets the first on 4th and 1 the Giants would not have moved at the same pace if the clock were running.

When Manning gets tackled from behind by Thomas he was clearly down when his knees hit. The Patriots continue to try to get the "fumble" and burns time, the play would have been reviewed from upstairs with more time put on the clock if the ref had not stopped it on the field. The clock is stopped because the Patriots won't get off him.

Do you have any idea how many seconds are screwed up over the course of a football game? Watch for it throughout the game and you will see many errors.

How about looking at the Rams and Patriots Superbowl. In addition to the recent taping news, the Patriots used their policy of raping receivers and inexplicably not getting penalized for it. Colts fans know all about this policy, in fact illegal contact was made a point of emphasis because the refs refused to call it against the Patriots in the playoffs. You know what, as a Rams fan I also have a complaint about the clock in the Superbowl. How about the 2 seconds they just let run off the clock after Vinatieri made the FG. For all we know the Rams would have returned the kickoff for a TD in the most amazing finish in Superbowl history. Sure its far fetched, but they were still ripped off of 2 seconds. Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEvCrRi1-Fc

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information