Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why delay it? Eli vs. Ben vs. Rivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by skiinginNJ View Post
    steve smith missed a majority of the time in the regular season. he played in 5 games, 3 of which he had 1 catch or less

    burress played all year on a torn ankle ligament and was severly impacted by it for a while.


    toomer equal to ward? maybe in his prime



    yea theres a large discrepency in the sack numbers, but the fact that big ben holds on to the ball way to long might have something to do with that
    That happens.. but there's plays where he barely snaps the ball and a DL is in the backfield (See Either Jags game, NE game, etc.)

    and it also has to do with the fact his WR's can't get open.

    Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

    Comment


    • #47
      For the Steelers fans to say Ben is better and it isn't even close is atrocious.

      I don't mind you saying he is better...hell I have them neck and neck and until this postseason I had Ben rated above Eli...but you guys act like he is the 2nd coming of Bradshaw. Holy cow.
      Originally posted by Paul
      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
        For the Steelers fans to say Ben is better and it isn't even close is atrocious.

        I don't mind you saying he is better...hell I have them neck and neck and until this postseason I had Ben rated above Eli...but you guys act like he is the 2nd coming of Bradshaw. Holy cow.
        Actually statistically his numbers are much better than Bradshaw's at this point in their careers with a worse supporting cast so I'd say that isn't a very big stretch.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
          Oh chill out I'm trying to lighten the mood....it's early and you'll see how serious this gets in a week.
          No thanks. I know how this thread will end up and it's nothing worth reading.

          Comment


          • #50
            I will certainly say Eli has a better line, and the skill players were at a draw. But Eli plays in one of the most complicated systems in the NFL, according to backup QBs that have been all over the place, that demands more out of a QB than anywhere else.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
              That happens.. but there's plays where he barely snaps the ball and a DL is in the backfield (See Either Jags game, NE game, etc.)

              and it also has to do with the fact his WR's can't get open.

              and the giants recievers had an easy time getting open.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by steelernation77 View Post
                Actually statistically his numbers are much better than Bradshaw's at this point in their careers with a worse supporting cast so I'd say that isn't a very big stretch.
                Oh brother.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                  For the Steelers fans to say Ben is better and it isn't even close is atrocious.

                  I don't mind you saying he is better...hell I have them neck and neck and until this postseason I had Ben rated above Eli...but you guys act like he is the 2nd coming of Bradshaw. Holy cow.
                  Well, there's your problem right there. You're putting an obscene amount of stock in a 4 game playoff stretch.

                  The fact is that Ben Roethlisberger was the second highest rated passer in the NFL this year.
                  aka KGB Chicken

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    If i had to pick one of these QBs on my team right NOW... it would be Eli Manning. It may have taken a while, but I truly believe what we have seen of Eli in the playoffs and the regular season game against NE was a harbinger of things to come... also realize, Eli elevated his game against the BEST competition available. That's incredible.

                    Eli was the better prospect coming out, and I think he's finally living up to his hype. People will say that Big Ben has more "body of work", but that's meaningless as to who's going to be better and who has more upside. Eli is the prototypical QB and is playing so well in a city with that much pressure.

                    I'd like to note that for Big Ben lovers, I think he is a great QB, but I just can't see him being a dominant QB like I see Eli potentially being (and he was elite in the playoffs). For some reason (i don't really have stats to back this up, it's just a gut feeling), but I would not be very comfortable having Big Ben try to win the game for me at the end. Also, it seems no one wants to see Big Ben throw for more than 20-25 times...

                    Projected win total: 55+

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                      Well, there's your problem right there. You're putting an obscene amount of stock in a 4 game playoff stretch.

                      The fact is that Ben Roethlisberger was the second highest rated passer in the NFL this year.
                      Go look at the QB ratings.

                      Then tell me if you think Eli is worse than everybody that he is behind.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                        Oh brother.
                        it really isn't that far fetched. the most TD's Bradshaw ever had in a season was 28 and that was in his 9th season. Big Ben has broken that mark already in his 4th. I don't have Ben ranked over Bradshaw yet on the all-times list but he is close. And quit acting like you aren't basically saying that Eli isn't the "2nd coming" of Fran or Phil.


                        Originally posted by bsaza2358
                        For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                          My opinion has been pretty much the same since last year -

                          1) Ben
                          2) Rivers
                          3) Eli

                          Eli Manning has to put together a quality 16 game season before he moves up out of the basement of the 04 QB rankings. He had a great playoff run, worthy of praise, but so did Jake Delhomme for example in the 03-04 playoffs.
                          Thats my point. Ben had a great 04, 05 and 07.

                          Rivers was the best in 2006.

                          People like to bring up that "He doesn't throw 30 times a game" or "He didn't throw for 300 yards" crap, but he's what..

                          At Age 25:
                          44 - 20 Reg Season (3 Playoff appearances, 1AFCCG Loss, 1 SB Win)
                          5-2 career in the postseason.

                          At age 27:

                          30-25 reg Season (3 playoff appearances, 1 SB win)
                          4-2 post season record.

                          I'll say this as well. Eli made the playoffs in 2006 among a 8-8 record. One which would not have made it into the playoffs in the AFC. If it Did, Ben would've had 4 Playoff appearances.

                          Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                            Well, there's your problem right there. You're putting an obscene amount of stock in a 4 game playoff stretch.

                            The fact is that Ben Roethlisberger was the second highest rated passer in the NFL this year.
                            QB rating is such a horribly flawed stat. Anyone coach will tell you that. A lot of coaches don't even rate QBs at all by the statisitcian created QB rating.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              QB rating is such a horribly flawed stat. Anyone coach will tell you that. A lot of coaches don't even rate QBs at all by the statisitcian created QB rating.
                              Ok, how about TDs and Ints. Ben threw for 9 more TDs and 9 less INTs.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                QB rating is such a horribly flawed stat. Anyone coach will tell you that. A lot of coaches don't even rate QBs at all by the statisitcian created QB rating.
                                i agree with you that it is a flawed stat but the fact that people can throw it out for Tom Brady and Peyton Manning but not have it thrown out for anyone else, is a double standard.


                                Originally posted by bsaza2358
                                For all the entertainment I have offered, she'd better be getting me some fellatio and a cup of coffee...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information