Is Shockey on the trading block?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    I don't disagree with that. I never said the Giants need Shockey, I'm just disagreeing with your baseless assumption that the Superbowl win is going to turn Shockey into a model citizen. It doesn't make any sense.
    I am not saying it's going to turn him into one. But like i said before, that with the giants winning, W. Mara not alive, and with a new GM like Reese, we are not going to take the antics of shockey. So he doesn't have to change, but he won't be here then. That's my point. The winning is more of an epiphany for management rather than it is for shockey. Now the media and some fans feel like we are better without him. And so management to a certain extent if they feel the same way, don't have to put up with him. So IF shockey doesn't want to change, which is fine by me, he won't be a giant. I am not saying he will be a model citizen or SHOULD be a model citizen. Basically as a football coach, there is a saying, It is what it is.

If Shockey wants to do what he wants, and that's fine by me, then he won't be here.

IF shockey realizes, hey maybe this team can win without me, and I should perhaps join Eli to get better, than he will be very well recieved.

Either way, the superbowl has impacted some fans, and the media, and management to some extent, because they will be quicker to react to shockey if he doesn't change. So think of it that way.

Comment

• We have all the leverage. If we keep him, great. Killer 2 TE set. If we lose him, no biggie, we get a 2nd round pick for him and we have a capable replacement in house.

We win regardless of what happens. Its a win win situation for us really, we can't make a wrong move in this.

Id personally rather keep him, but if he gets injured again this year, or continues to do a poor job running routes and acting a fool, then we're better off moving on. Our offense is built around the WR position anyway, the TE is more of a decoy.

The slot WR plays the role of the TE in our offense. The TE is just a seam stretcher who opens up the deep ball for our WRs.

Comment

• If we got Roman Harper and a 2nd round pick id be really excited, but im excited if we didnt trade him because him and Boss would be a crazy rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
          If we got Roman Harper and a 2nd round pick id be really excited, but im excited if we didnt trade him because him and Boss would be a crazy rotation.
          I highly doubt you'd get Roman Harper along with a 2nd.
          The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
            I highly doubt you'd get Roman Harper along with a 2nd.
            yea me too, i just heard it though so i can only hope that we could get a good young player at the position we need most and another pick we could use to either trade up or use on a smaller need

Comment

• The Giants ASKED for Roman Harper along with our 2nd and we declined.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

The Giants ASKED for Roman Harper along with our 2nd and we declined.
                oh, sorry thanks for clearing that up, i didnt think theyd want to trade Harper.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                  oh, sorry thanks for clearing that up, i didnt think theyd want to trade Harper.
                  the guy has 20 games for us right now and is a piece of a not so good defense allready , i dont see us going anywhere near playoffs if we trade away a "could-be-quality-starter" after just one and a half season , for offensive weapon No. 120421304 AND a 2nd rounder in a quality LB draft . if payton pulls the trigger he is doomed and just switched to win now ... when he leaves we are like post-haslett era. harper was his guy , he reached about two rounds for him after renounce to get someone like DQwell Jackson , so i cant really believe he is just giving up on him.

at the second : i dont like shockey , he is a high paid guy bitching around with his team , on an (IMO) overrated position that is asked to block first in our system .

Comment

• NO does need a TE badly, but they dont need to be involved in any deals that has them giving up defensive starters for offensive firepower...They just need to man up to the fact that their defense is a liability, they already dont have any corners and giving up Harper who was playing at a high level would set them further back in the secondary...Id give up a 2nd and a 5th for Shockey if the Giants would take it, otherwise id just draft somebody but he's not worth sacificing more defense.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      NO does need a TE badly,.
                      NO THEY DONT

we never spent a high pick on a TE ... only for cameron cleeland
                      we do not have a system requiring a Receiving TE who is bitching around when he have to block 30 time a game for our RBs.
                      whe need a TE just to block good first and then eventually make the catch as the 5th or 6th checkdown , please stop checking the rosters on nfl.com watching the positions for famous names to certificate the NO needs. guys on this side want to give us TE since about three years in round 1-3 . thats not the way the saints pick . we would pick our WRs four and three before we pick a TE just because biller miller isnt tony gonzalez.

oh yeah and stop giving us a Kicker in round 2-7 every year .... we never draft a kicker ;)

Comment

The Giants ASKED for Roman Harper along with our 2nd and we declined.
                        Not true.

The Giants did not offer any package to the Saints. Someone I work with at the Giants site I write for has connections inside the organization it's a fact the Giants did not make an offer that included Shockey to anyone.

I'm not saying the 2nd and Harper from the Saints proposal was true, but I know the Giants did not make that offer.
                        Originally posted by Paul
                        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                          Not true.

The Giants did not offer any package to the Saints. Someone I work with at the Giants site I write for has connections inside the organization it's a fact the Giants did not make an offer that included Shockey to anyone.

I'm not saying the 2nd and Harper from the Saints proposal was true, but I know the Giants did not make that offer.
                          I didn't say they offered us Shockey. We approached the Giants with a 2nd. They countered saying they wanted Roman Harper and our 2nd. We declined.

Comment

I didn't say they offered us Shockey. We approached the Giants with a 2nd. They countered saying they wanted Roman Harper and our 2nd. We declined.
                            Meaning the Giants made a couter OFFER involving Shockey, and it isn't true. The Giants value Shockey more than a 2nd rounder and average safety.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

• Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                              Meaning the Giants made a couter OFFER involving Shockey, and it isn't true. The Giants value Shockey more than a 2nd rounder and average safety.

but its a good player on an average position for the saints so = same value.

Comment

• I dont think Roman Harper is equivalent to Jeremy Shockey...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information