Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Shockey on the trading block?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
    Whoa there scotty, you do know that Shockey didn't play for Rutgers right? ;)
    OH MY GOD, you're right.

    damn eagles, why'd you have to franchise LJ Smith???!!!!!!????
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
      OH MY GOD, you're right.

      damn eagles, why'd you have to franchise LJ Smith???!!!!!!????
      We'll trade him for Shockey straight up. How's that sound?

      Franchising a backup TE is ******* ********!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Comment


      • #48
        Browns trade for him put him at Tight End move K2 to wide receiver and have three crazy ego's that all want the ball...

        HELL YEAH!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
          Browns trade for him put him at Tight End move K2 to wide receiver and have three crazy ego's that all want the ball...

          HELL YEAH!
          STOP WITH THE GODDAMN APOSTROPHE IN PLURAL WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!

          Braylon doesn't have that bad of an ego. He's just a baller and he knows it.

          Comment


          • #50
            No, he isn't.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
              No, he isn't.
              I think you need to change your nickname to "Boss+Manning=Bossing".

              :) :) :)

              Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

              Dream Pats Draft:
              1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
              2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
              3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
              3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
              4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
              5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
              6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
              7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
                I think you need to change your nickname to "Boss+Manning=Bossing".

                :) :) :)
                LOL. I had this sn for a long time. Also, on our giants.com site, every damn usename was taken, so I came up with this one.

                If Shockey gets traded, I don't care. I am not really attached to any one player. I put the team ahead of any one player.

                I am just saying for the trade shockey people, it's stupid because he is another weapon we can have next year. Now we can run a two TE set with Boss and Shockey.

                Also, Kiwi got hurt as well, and our played well. So what not? Do we trade him because we don't need him? It's stupid in my opinion this line of thought. He is under contract so let him stay and add another weapon for this offense.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Wow a lot of people not knowing what the hell they are talking about in this thread. Shockey is 10X the blocker Boss is, like scottyboy said. As for TEs who are serious rececing threats, Shockey might be the best blocker in the league along with Witten.

                  There will be speculation because of the timing of Shockey's injury and Eli's improved play. But what the morons who speculate on this stuff (like the author of the article) miss is that a lot of other things changed at the same time. The elimination or cutback of option routes, the fact that the coaches gave Eli more freedom to call his own audibles on 3rd down, and the emergence of Steve Smith as he had been injured all year. Those three things are more likely the cause of Eli's success in the playoffs than anything else.

                  Also if we were to trade him, and we won't, Miami is a bad option. People forget that Shockey once called Parcells a 'f ag', and the two do not like each other at all.
                  Last edited by Jughead10; 02-10-2008, 03:09 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    shockey still one of the best te's in the NFL giants are 10X more potent with him. has great leaderships skills too. It would be stupid for them to get rid of him.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Anyboy who thinks there is a chance of Shockey being traded is very shortsighted.

                      He is signed long term and means more to this team than most of you know.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Boss is NOWHERE near the blocker that Shockey is, this is commming from a Giants fan that has watched every game over the last 6 years at least twice. Shockey was very bad his first 2 years in the league at blocking but got better with the help of the best Tight End coach in the league (Mike Pope). I believe that Shockey is a better blocker then pass catcher at this point in his career, he does drop quite a few pass' but his blocking game is superb. In the Atlanta game this year on Wards TD run to the outside, Shockey blocks the DE 1 on 1 and turns him inside into the DT pretty much sealing off the whole Dline from the play. Last year in week 10 against the mighty Bears Shockey put Lance Briggs literally on his ass twice that game and Urlacher once on a blitz pickup. Shockey really does not get his props from anyone in the blocking game because they still believe he is bad due to his first 2 years in the league (when he was not good) which is not the case at all. Not knockig Boss because he did real well for us at the end of the year but he needs to get the technique down a little better (which he will), he has the body size to be a dominant blocking TE (6'7 270 lbs according to his last interview).

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                          Wow a lot of people not knowing what the hell they are talking about in this thread. Shockey is 10X the blocker Boss is, like scottyboy said. As for TEs who are serious rececing threats, Shockey might be the best blocker in the league along with Witten.

                          There will be speculation because of the timing of Shockey's injury and Eli's improved play. But what the morons who speculate on this stuff (like the author of the article) miss is that a lot of other things changed at the same time. The elimination or cutback of option routes, the fact that the coaches gave Eli more freedom to call his own audibles on 3rd down, and the emergence of Steve Smith as he had been injured all year. Those three things are more likely the cause of Eli's success in the playoffs than anything else.

                          Also if we were to trade him, and we won't, Miami is a bad option. People forget that Shockey once called Parcells a 'f ag', and the two do not like each other at all.
                          That pretty much sums it up.

                          I doubt we trade Shockey. The value we would get in return wouldn't be worth it. We can have a potentially dangerous 2 TE set next year. What I love about our offense this upcoming season is we're so versatile, we can be a very good running team in both the 3 WR set and 2 TE set, as well as a dangerous passing team out of both sets. That makes for one very effective PA pass.

                          I think maybe they'll throw out the idea just to see what someone offers them. Afterall, if someone gives an offer you can't refuse, then you have to make that trade. However I doubt any one will, and I doubt we trade him. I expect him to have a big year next year IF (and this is a big if) we keep our modified playbook that eliminating option routes, and gave Eli more short and intermediate check downs.

                          That to me, was the biggest reason why Eli "took the next step". Eli never took the next step, he was always capable of doing what you guys saw. We saw it even last year. Eli didn't turn the corner, the coaches did. That was difference.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            That pretty much sums it up.

                            I doubt we trade Shockey. The value we would get in return wouldn't be worth it. We can have a potentially dangerous 2 TE set next year. What I love about our offense this upcoming season is we're so versatile, we can be a very good running team in both the 3 WR set and 2 TE set, as well as a dangerous passing team out of both sets. That makes for one very effective PA pass.

                            I think maybe they'll throw out the idea just to see what someone offers them. Afterall, if someone gives an offer you can't refuse, then you have to make that trade. However I doubt any one will, and I doubt we trade him. I expect him to have a big year next year IF (and this is a big if) we keep our modified playbook that eliminating option routes, and gave Eli more short and intermediate check downs.

                            That to me, was the biggest reason why Eli "took the next step". Eli never took the next step, he was always capable of doing what you guys saw. We saw it even last year. Eli didn't turn the corner, the coaches did. That was difference.
                            Reese is already on record as saying he is very excited about our two TE set next year. Although it is my opinion that we won't see it as much as we might expect. The power run is still the bread and butter of the offense. We are too succesful running behind FB than two TEs. Of course TEs can motion into the backfield to result in something similar.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              Reese is already on record as saying he is very excited about our two TE set next year. Although it is my opinion that we won't see it as much as we might expect. The power run is still the bread and butter of the offense. We are too succesful running behind FB than two TEs. Of course TEs can motion into the backfield to result in something similar.
                              Yeah, we're an iform base for the most part. It would be nice to motion TEs like you said, but youre probably right, we won't see it as much as we think we will.

                              Hedgecock was such a great find. We didn't miss a beat with him. Underrated pass catcher too.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Patriots16-0 View Post
                                Patriots16-0 Trade Prediction Machine:

                                Bengals get Jeremy Shockey
                                Giants get Bengals' 2nd and 5th rounders
                                2nd and 5th? Wow... a bit high for a TE not named Gates.
                                Left NFLDC: 20080918.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information