Top 10 NFL quarterbacks(All-time)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    What does that tell you exactly other than the fact that in 2002, it only took 28 TD's to lead the NFL? Not much...
    That he didn't do more with less...
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
    Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
      Go back to the Colts @ Pats game of 05, Colts 1st drive, 3rd and long (I want to say 3rd and 10). Manning drops, Pats bring heavy pressure and collapse the pocket. Manning rolls to his left, buying just enough time to plant his feet and heave the ball downfield into the waiting arms of Marvin Harrison for a 25+ yard gain. IMO it's the best play of Peyton Manning's career to this point.
      Ok, one play. Now think of all the times Favre or Elway made something out of nothing. For Favre, you need to go back no farther than the Seahawks game. Remember that little shuffle pass? When he escaped from pressure and underhanded the ball to his receiver? Could Manning do that? Could Brady do that?
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
        That he didn't do more with less...
        Well if 28 TD's led the league... I am sure it was just a good year for defenses. I am sure there was someone out there in 2002 with a ridiculously good WR corps, and they didn't have more than 38 TD passes either...

Comment

Well if 28 TD's led the league... I am sure it was just a good year for defenses. I am sure there was someone out there in 2002 with a ridiculously good WR corps, and they didn't have more than 38 TD passes either...
          The only point I was making is that he didn't do more with less. Favre led the league in TDs with arguably a worse receiving corp, AND he had 10 more TD passes.

With a quick glance through the stats from that year, I didn't find a single team with an outstanding, much less ridiculously good WR corp.

The Ram's was pretty good, but they had 3 starting QBs that year.
          Last edited by someone447; 02-12-2008, 01:31 PM.
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
            The only point I was making is that he didn't do more with less. Favre led the league in TDs with arguably a worse receiving corp, AND he had 10 more TD passes.
            Stop with the nonsense that he had worse receivers. Robert Brooks almost had more yards receiving then the Pats #1 and #2 receivers combined in 2002. Erik Kramer also had 28 TD passes that year, and Scott Mitchell had 32. There were also 10 receivers that had 10 or more TD's that year, as opposed to 4 in 2002. It was a better year for passing in 1995. You can not compare the two seasons.

Comment

Stop with the nonsense that he had worse receivers. Robert Brooks almost had more yards receiving then the Pats #1 and #2 receivers combined in 2002.
              You think Robert Brooks is better than Troy Brown? Brooks was the only receiver Favre had to throw to. That is why he had so many more yards.
              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Yes, he was better than Troy Brown when both were healthy. Especially in 1995 vs. 2002. He absolutely decimated Brown in every category those years. And again, the Patriots had THREE guys catch over 400 yards in 2002, the Packers had FIVE in 1995.

You can look at names like Deion Branch and David Givens all you want and claim that makes the Patriots receivers better, but David Givens had 9 receptions that year and Deion Branch averaged 37 yards a game. They were rookies. The Packers were a much better team in 1995 and the league was a much better passing league in 1995.

You can not compare the two seasons.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information