X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Zorn named Redskins Coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3238678

Here's the link
    Last edited by princefielder28; 02-09-2008, 06:03 PM.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Interesting. I thought it would be Fassel.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
      Interesting. I thought it would be Fassel.
      Same here I really dont get it..Did Fassel not have alot to do with the hireing of the O and D cordnaters?

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Well that's......interesting. Another extension of the Holmgren (via Bill Walsh) coaching tree

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Well that's......interesting. Another extension of the Holmgren (via Bill Walsh) coaching tree
          I can see that..

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Seems like there was pretty slim pickings this year with all the big time assistants staying with their teams.

Comment

Wow a promotion from Offensive Coordinator to Head Coach in 2 weeks? Thats special.........

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Honestly, I'm left wondering if/when Snyder pulls the hook on Zorn a year from now, for a flashier head coach (Cowher at the top of the list). Meanwhile, credit waste of space Vinny Cerrato for succeeding in installing a head coach who won't be a threat to him.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

This is just absolutely terrible.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I think it's a little unfair to immediately write the guy off. He's worked with smart people. I'll reserve judgement until I see his press conference.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Hey maybe it's just me, but I'm hella happier with him that Jim Fassell. I wanted to go after Meeks but lets wait and see on Zorn.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                        Hey maybe it's just me, but I'm hella happier with him that Jim Fassell. I wanted to go after Meeks but lets wait and see on Zorn.
                        Yea i hated Fassell in NY, i forget why, but i know that you're probably better off with Zorn. I remember when Fassell got fired last year i think from the Raven's OC job, and Billick took over play calling.

Comment

I'm officially embarrassed for the Redskins.

Comment

Well, Mike Smith is no Spags but I feel better about Smith than I would about Zorn.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              Well, Mike Smith is no Spags but I feel better about Smith than I would about Zorn.
                              I wouldn't....I think Zorn is really an underestimated coach. I was hoping for the past year or two to see him get a coordinator's spot and give him that platform to maybe test head coaching waters one day, and two weeks ago he got that chance, and now today he's the head coach of the Washington Redskins.

When Matt Hasselbeck arrived in Seattle Mike Holmgren knew that he had a QB with potential and someone he saw as a reliable starter. With the work of Jim Zorn Hasselbeck has become a Pro Bowl caliber QB and one hell of a QB. I'm very interested to see what he can do with Jason Campbell; who I believe could have a higher ceiling that what Hasselbeck has achieved.

I'm happy for the man and I think Redskins fans should be joyous with their head coach.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information