Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Crosses Fingers*

Comment

... This would be incredibly lame if this went down.
      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
        *Crosses Fingers*
        You know it's concerning how happy this makes cowboys fans... like you have zero chance of winning a SB with the cap in place. Do you really need this to happen in order to win?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I'm a cowboy fan and I would hate if there wasnt a cap. It's all about a level playing field.
          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-11-2008, 04:14 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

Dallas cannot necessarily afford the non-cap salary base they would need to move forward. They have a gigantic stadium debt service, but that will be offset mostly by the huge revenue from the luxury boxes and gigantic stadium. Jerry Jones will always pay for players if and when he can, but why would he want to when he can still stay competitive and stay profitable? It's not necessarily a good business decision.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
              Yeah, better start buying those Packers stocks if you wanna help out.
              i've got some...gonna need to buy more :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                You know it's concerning how happy this makes cowboys fans... like you have zero chance of winning a SB with the cap in place. Do you really need this to happen in order to win?
                I was only half serious, I would actually prefer a cap.

We would be dominant without a cap and who doesn't want their team to be dominant?

Comment

The Cowboys tried to buy super bowls under the cap and built some pretty awesome teams that failed to win. Others failed to even make the playoffs. For years, they were willing to spend where others weren't, and it did not help them. Their best season in 15 years came under the salary cap and after years of prudent and wise management. The restraint, patience, and quality shown by the Cowboys has come because of the salary cap. There is no reason for any fan to want a team that just had a 13 win season to shift its management philosophy or quality for any reason.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

If the salary cap goes away, it won't be anything like baseball at first...however in about 3-5 years players would be making ridiculous money...above $25 million a year...much like MLB.

The NFL is my favorite sport to watch because it doesn't matter how much you pay for individual players...you have to stay at the same overall level as other teams...meaning you have to sacrifice something.
                    Video games keep me sane

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6

Comment

Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                      I was only half serious, I would actually prefer a cap.

We would be dominant without a cap and who doesn't want their team to be dominant?
                      well I think that dominance wouldn't be the same knowing it's obained with an unfair advantage over opponents.

Call it sportsmanship, but I prefer sucking in an honest league to dominating an unfair one.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
                        well I think that dominance wouldn't be the same knowing it's obained with an unfair advantage over opponents.

Call it sportsmanship, but I prefer sucking in an honest league to dominating an unfair one.
                        Exactly, a move like this would not be good for football's integrity. Or for the Packers. Or for sports in general.

Comment

A lot of you are forgetting that Football was great before the salary cap. I would also like to add that if you compare a cap-less NFL to MLB then that shows how little you understand the situation. In the NFL all the teams get money from television contracts, thus the fiscal differential between teams would not be that big.

Comment

For your information the Seahawks are the richest organization in the NFL. By a lot. Adding up all of the teams money from two through ten still falls a bit short of the Seahawks amount of cash.

I would hate for this to happen, even if it would benefit Atlanta. Arthur Blank is between six and eight on the list of richest owners and he wants to win, so we would be fine. But for the nature of the game it would be horrible.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Gene Upshaw is a dick! He could care less about the game/fans...

He only cares about the players and is too shortsighted to know that whats good for the game IS good for the players, i.e. SALARY CAP.

Comment

I'd like to see how many washed up veterans Matt Millen could bring in with no salary cap to hold him down . . . he might offer Barry Sanders a 100 million dollar contract.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information