Salary Cap Could Be Gone For Good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    A good point is how big the draft is in the NFL. Free agents are good and well, but in the NFL most of the talent on teams is drafted by that team. One of the, if not the, only sport where several impact players can come from every draft. I mean teams like the Chargers and Steelers do not need tons of cash, they do it in the draft.

Got to wonder if Tomlinson would stay a Charger for less money though.
    The thing about that is, eventually rookie contracts end....

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
      The thing about that is, eventually rookie contracts end....
      If there is no cap the earliest a player can become a free agent becomes 6 years of experience instead of 3. So there's a little more protection, but yes it would run out eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
        If there is no cap the earliest a player can become a free agent becomes 6 years of experience instead of 3. So there's a little more protection, but yes it would run out eventually.
        Eventually is the key word. If a team already has a solid base, and has three consecutive strong drafts (I know it sounds difficult, but it is possible) Then they would have a very nice team for atleast three years.

Comment

This would be bad overall for the NFL, only people who seem its a good idea are obviously Redskins and Cowboys fans for reasons I dont have to mention. Dont fix what is not broke, Upshaw has to get his head out of his ass, if he cared about the players he would do something about the retired players that cant even walk or get jobs to survive, one your out of the league hes done with you.

Comment

If this happened, I'd cry.

Comment

I think bearsfan had some interesting insight onto this particular situation.

RIP ST

Comment

Well considering that Malcolm Glazer is the second richest owner(pretty sure about that) in the NFL, this could be good for the Bucs. Overall for the NFL I would hate it though. Also I would see the Seahawks being huge spenders. Paul Allen is the richest owner in the league by over 10 billion dollars. (not that wealth automatically leads to higher salaries, but it likely would

Comment

that already applies for the pats

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky View Post
                    Well considering that Malcolm Glazer is the second richest owner(pretty sure about that) in the NFL, this could be good for the Bucs. Overall for the NFL I would hate it though. Also I would see the Seahawks being huge spenders. Paul Allen is the richest owner in the league by over 10 billion dollars. (not that wealth automatically leads to higher salaries, but it likely would
                    It doesn't mean much if the owner is richer than others. I think it would more come down to which teams generate the most money themselves. Not sure many if any owners would dip into their own personal fortunes, as that would suggest the revenue made by the franchise isn't covering player salaries which in turns says the team is running at a loss, which I don't see happening. I think every owner would still have a 'salary cap', it would just differentiate from team to team based on team revenue and how much money in profit the owner wants to make.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Hooray! Back to the Cowboys dominance of the 90's when Jerry spent with no regards! Please be true! Please be true! Please be true!
                      $100 says snyder outspends jerry every year if this happens

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information