No announcement yet.

Panthers release LB Morgan, G Wahle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The moves made sense. Hangartner deserved PT somewhere, and they did spend a high pick on Kalil. Wahle saved money, and if they go with the kids, they'll probably get similar production. I think Wahle has a good year or two left, and like bf_51, I think the Bears could take a look.

As for Morgan, tough luck for him so far. I don't think he's done unless he himself calls it quits. That is, I think teams will take a look. I could see the Pats perhaps, on a cheap deal. Obviously, a whole bunch of teams could come into play.

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
      Wahle was cut because he was an overrated piece of ****. He's been terrible since his first year here, when he was just average but got voted into the pro bowl based on name recognition. I feel bad for whoever signs him because he's finished

Sadly, this won't change anything because we'll just repeat the process again and sign Alan Faneca for one decent year and two terrible years of regression
      I have to agree, our interior line has been crap.

Comment

The Jets better try and get Wahle.
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          It's possible, but the Chiefs are so far away from being a playoff contendor that I don't see the logic in signing a guy with 3-4 good years left in him. Same could arguably be said for the Bears as well though.
          I agree the Chiefs are far from a playoff team but if they really want to see what Croyle can or can't do they have to give him a line I would prefer a younger player like Ryan Lilja. It looks like there will only be two starters from this season starting next year if that Brain Waters is the only lock to start and even his play went down hill some with no one around him.

Comment

Blindside will be angry

Comment

for the right price morgan could be a nice addition for the bengals. if anything he would be a good mentor for ahmad brooks and odell thurman.

^A Bonekrusher production^
              Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Morgan will find a team, but because of the injury teams will structure his contract a different way, by number of games played, or used as a rotational backup.

Beason also proved to be just a good.

Comment

Wouldn't mind Mike Wahle coming to the bay area if he fit into Martz's system and the price was right.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                  -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                  Originally posted by Borat
                  Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

So who's gonna roll the dice on Morgan?

And boy, that offensive line could be in shambles this year.

Comment

i hope this means we're resigning wharton to play guard

Comment

Originally posted by xooberon View Post
                        i hope this means we're resigning wharton to play guard

Me too. Wharton was a really good RG. Hopefully we'll move Wharton there, leave Gross at RT, put Hartwig at LG and then Kailil will move to Center and play well. That would make me very happy for those four positions. For LT, hopefully the Panthers can either sign a young, prosming LT, or draft someone who can be a good LT.

I really hate to see Morgan go as well. He was a really great LB when healthy. But the past few seasons where he wasn't able to stay on the field really killed that for him. The biggest nail in his Carolina Coffin was the emergence of Jon Beason, who played at a near pro bowl level as a rookie. I hope Beason continues to improve and get better to really challenge Willis as the best young MLB in the NFC.

I think Whale still has some gas in his tank. I just don't think he is what the team wants right now. He was a really good guard for 1 1/2 seasons, but it seems that he's bit bitten by the injury bug the past two years. I really wish Morgan the best of luck. I hope he doesn't play another down of football so that he can just enjoy his family and take care of his two young children. I'd really hate to see him take one more head shot in some preseason game and end up as a vegitable. I hope he is able to keep himself from becoming one of those crazy post concusion players that gets into all kinds of crazy stuff.

Comment

I'd want both of them on the Pats, especially Morgan (ILBs free right now are like the dinosaurs.)

Comment

Morgan won't be that pricy, with his injury history... Maybe he could come to detroit and help us out a bit.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think morgan is done but teams should take a gamble on him because of his great leadership.

Comment

I hope the saints take that gamble

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information