Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panthers release LB Morgan, G Wahle

Panthers release LB Morgan, G Wahle

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (Ticker) -- The Carolina Panthers released linebacker Dan Morgan and guard Mike Wahle on Monday, according to the team's web site.

Morgan, the Panthers' first-round pick in 2001, was unable to overcome a slew of injuries during his seven-year tenure in Carolina. He played in only 59 because of numerous injuries, including at least five concussions, and became expendable with the emergence of rookie Jon Beason.

Man if Morgan didnt hit the injury bill he couldve been a top linebacker right now.

Comment

Mike Wahle is a beast.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

why Mike Wahle?????

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Comment

MIke Wahle is a monster. And I would take Morgan on my squad now. Even hurt he is better than Mark Simoneau and Brian Simmons

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Wahle was clearly a salary cap move. I really wonder how much John Fox had a say in that move, as it clearly hurts his job security (albeit isn't a huge loss).

I imagine there will be a decent market for Wahle (Pittsburgh or Chicago maybe). Morgan may just retire, it's not like much money will be out there for him anyway. Go into coaching or something.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
              I imagine there will be a decent market for Wahle (Pittsburgh or Chicago maybe).
              I would not be shocked to see the Chiefs be in the mix as well they are for sure going to be shopping for OL.

Comment

Not really that familiar with the cap situation, but do you guys think they'll have the cap room to be able to keep both their tackles now??
                JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  I would not be shocked to see the Chiefs be in the mix as well they are for sure going to be shopping for OL.
                  amen the Chiefs should go hard after all the OL they possibly can

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                    It's possible, but the Chiefs are so far away from being a playoff contendor that I don't see the logic in signing a guy with 3-4 good years left in him. Same could arguably be said for the Bears as well though.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

The two roster moves are expected to clear about $6 million in cap room.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

the Jaguars could be in the market for Wahle if Naole is released...

Comment

Mike Wahle back to the packers then??

Comment

Wahle was cut because he was an overrated piece of ****. He's been terrible since his first year here, when he was just average but got voted into the pro bowl based on name recognition. I feel bad for whoever signs him because he's finished

Sadly, this won't change anything because we'll just repeat the process again and sign Alan Faneca for one decent year and two terrible years of regression

Comment

Understandable move to release Morgan. I agree with bf51, I think his best move would be to retire and go into coaching. He'd probably be a hell of a linebackers coach.

Interesting move with Wahle, but then again, he hasn't really stood out to be when I watch the Panthers play.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information