No announcement yet.

Al Wilson could go to Lions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While they are giving second chances, they should give Morgan at OLB shot too. Then by week three the Lions will be back to Ernie Simms and two other guys.

Comment

Wilson would be great in the Lions defense.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
      1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
      2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
      3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
      3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
      4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
      5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
      6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
      7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

There is no way that he could possible make them any worse so, its a good move
        RIP Sean Michael Taylor

Comment

Al is a great leader and player he will make that D alot better

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Wilson failed his physical with the giants i think he was being traded or something, but he failed it and i haven't heard anything about him in a year except this.

Comment

I wanted the Titans to take a chance on him so badly.

Comment

Its amazing how these veteran linebackers all of a sudden just disapear in the league, I was surprised Wilson didn't catch on with a team last season... I think he can still play and contribute in the league

Comment

He didn't play last year because he couldn't pass a physical. His neck was screwed up pretty bad.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

Dude is a straight beast vs the run but doesn't Det run the cover two if so I don't know if that would be a good fit I would like to see him play with some team.

Comment

i have a saying with old free agents:

"that was then, this is now"

cliche, I know, but its true. this man couldn't pass a physical last year, and is aging. his time is in all likelihood, up. getting him and assuming you "plugged in a hole" at LB is the wrong move. chances are he'll be on IR sooner than later, and youre back to square one.

with LB being one of the easier positions to fill via the draft, they shouldn't waste their money. not to mention hes not the perfect fit as a Cover 2 MIKE.

A team like the Cowboys would be a better fit. They have depth at LB, can use some improvement at ILB, and desperately need veteran leadership. Hed be worth the gamble for them, not for Detroit.

Comment

Even if Detroit really needs a linebacker of his caliber, bigbluedefense is correct in his point about "that was then, this is now". If history has taught us anything in the NFL, it's that veterans that were once good, but now are aging/injury prone usually stay a shell of their former selfs. Detroit may be desperate, but I wouldn't make in the investment.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                        -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                        Originally posted by Borat
                        Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                          Uhhhhhh.... why didn't they do this before last season?
                          He just recently passed a physical (last month) to play again...

Wilson is a better player than any other player we have at the position (Lenon), so I encourage the signing. If anything, it can allow us to fill other positions until next year (Maualuga/Laurinaitis).
                          Last edited by TacticaLion; 02-12-2008, 07:35 PM.
                          Left NFLDC: 20080918.

Comment

I still think Al would be a great addition to any team. His leadership in itself is worth geving the guy a shot. I would take him in a hart beat for the Saints

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by TacticaLion View Post
                              He just recently passed a physical (last month) to play again...

Wilson is a better player than any other player we have at the position (Lenon), so I encourage the signing. If anything, it can allow us to fill other positions until next year (Maualuga/Laurinaitis).
                              Paris 'Hilton' Lenon... yea he sucks.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Dont think he can make that big of an impact anymore due to his age and injuries. But his leadership and knowledge for the game is enough to take a risk on him. He can be a mentor for ernie sims anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information