Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and Worst moments you have experienced as a fan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst moments you have experienced as a fan?

Overall, not just this season, for your favorite team?

Best- Seeing as how i was only 7 when the 49ers won their last superbowl, i'd put down The Catch 2 as the best moment i have experienced. That whole game i thought the 49ers would lose, they had lost to the packers every year in the playoffs it seemed. Even on the final drive, i thought it was impossible. There was about less than 15 seconds on the clock and the 49ers were at the 27 of Green Bay, i thought they had no chance to make it. But when TO caught that TD (known as the catch 2) i was jumping with joy. I thought we had no chance in hell to beat the packers, and i was glad we pulled it off. Hell, that drive is still online for anyone who wants to see it.

http://media.putfile.com/The-Catch-2

Worst- Easily, Steve Young getting a career ending injury. I still blame that bum Lawrence Phillips for not picking up that blitz. Just seeing Young lying motionless, it was a terrible feeling. The end of an Era.

This is easy,

Best: Super Bowl 34: Kevin Dyson ending up a yard short, (sorry Titans fans)

Worst: 3-13 this season and Super Bowl 36: ADAM VINATIERI, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment

best: the "run william run" play against the falcons that pretty much sent us to the playoffs in 2002

worst: having the team stolen

My Left Tackle can out-fish your Left Tackle

Comment

Best moment - January 21st, 2007, Colts 38 Patriots 34. I'll never be able to decide which moment I enjoyed more: Addai's walk into the endzone (thanks to a TERRIFIC pancake of Vince Wilfork by Jeff Saturday) or Marlin Jackson's game sealing interception. Both moments were about as loud as it gets in the RCA Dome, and I doubt I will ever see a better game in person. The fact that I did see it in person is the main reason it trumps Super Bowl XLI.

Worst moment - January 14th, 1996, Steelers 20 Colts 16. IT WAS A CATCH DAMNIT!

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

I would have thought that the Niners drafting Alex Smith would have been your worst but I guess I was wrong.
          "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Best- 2002 playoff game against the Giants. Just was sick to my stomach watching the first half but the 2nd half was amazing. I will always remember watching TO jump on top of the dugout to celebrate at the end of that game. Also this year's season opener against the Cardinals. The game wasn't very good, but I was at the game and the crowd was white hot for the game. Never been to a game at the Stick, since I have only been a fan since '97, this loud. The end around by Battle had the place shaking and it was fun walking out of the stadium that night......and then the next 15 games happened.

Worst- 2005, only 2 wins and losing to the Packers in the '01 playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
              I would have thought that the Niners drafting Alex Smith would have been your worst but I guess I was wrong.
              Alex's future as a player has yet to be decided.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
              -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
              Originally posted by Borat
              Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Best - 49ers winning the Super Bowl in 1994.

Worst- Firing Steve Mariucci.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                Originally posted by Borat
                Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by yodachu View Post
                  This is easy,

Best: Super Bowl 34: Kevin Dyson ending up a yard short, (sorry Titans fans)

Worst: 3-13 this season and Super Bowl 36: ADAM VINATIERI, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
                  yea yoda got it right on the dot

Comment

Best - The 2002 season

Worst - The way it ended

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                      Overall, not just this season, for your favorite team?

Best- Seeing as how i was only 7 when the 49ers won their last superbowl, i'd put down The Catch 2 as the best moment i have experienced. That whole game i thought the 49ers would lose, they had lost to the packers every year in the playoffs it seemed. Even on the final drive, i thought it was impossible. There was about less than 15 seconds on the clock and the 49ers were at the 27 of Green Bay, i thought they had no chance to make it. But when TO caught that TD (known as the catch 2) i was jumping with joy. I thought we had no chance in hell to beat the packers, and i was glad we pulled it off. Hell, that drive is still online for anyone who wants to see it.

http://media.putfile.com/The-Catch-2

Worst- Easily, Steve Young getting a career ending injury. I still blame that bum Lawrence Phillips for not picking up that blitz. Just seeing Young lying motionless, it was a terrible feeling. The end of an Era.
                      The non call on the Jerry Rice fumble still pisses me off from that game. The 9ers should not have been in position to get the catch 2.

My worst moment as a fan was either Tynes making the field goal in over time this year, or 4th and 26.

My best? PACKERS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!! Or maybe the '93(I think that was the year) when Favre dove into the endzone against the Falcons to clinch the division for the first time in years, but that would only be because I was at the game.
                      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                      Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                        The non call on the Jerry Rice fumble still pisses me off from that game. The 9ers should not have been in position to get the catch 2.

My worst moment as a fan was either Tynes making the field goal in over time this year, or 4th and 26.

My best? PACKERS WIN THE SUPER BOWL!! Or maybe the '93(I think that was the year) when Favre dove into the endzone against the Falcons to clinch the division for the first time in years, but that would only be because I was at the game.
                        Your worst would not be the "This one's for John" game? I'd have to think losing the Super Bowl would sting more than anything else.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

My best would be my first Packers game at Lambeau, a nice day of 84 degrees and stomping a mudhole on Tampa Bay, tempered only by Dorsey Levens going out hurt.
                          Worst moment was also live, and it was being down in Tampa at the big sombrero and watching Sterling Sharpe go out with that neck injury on Christmas Eve of 94.
                          Given the rapport he had with Favre, those two would have had every duo record if Sterling hadn't gone out with the neck problem. Ce la vie....
                          The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Best Moment....Morten Anderson's field goal miss against the the Jaguars in the last game of the 1996 season that sent the Jaguars to the playoffs for the first time in their history (second year of existence). Went on the AFC Championship game to lose to the Patriots.

Worst Moment....Losing to the damn Tennessee Titans for the third time in the same football season in the AFC Championship game in 1999. I really, it was demoralizing because the Jaguars had the lead going into the fourth quarter and they just gave up.

Comment

Originally posted by johbur View Post
                              My best would be my first Packers game at Lambeau, a nice day of 84 degrees and stomping a mudhole on Tampa Bay, tempered only by Dorsey Levens going out hurt.
                              Worst moment was also live, and it was being down in Tampa at the big sombrero and watching Sterling Sharpe go out with that neck injury on Christmas Eve of 94.
                              Given the rapport he had with Favre, those two would have had every duo record if Sterling hadn't gone out with the neck problem. Ce la vie....
                              Sterling Sharpe actually got hurt in that Falcon game I was at. I guess the one I was thinking about was '94. He came back and played the next week, he didn't know the injury was so serious.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information