No announcement yet.

Raiders Re-up Fargas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well that means the raiders can look elsewhere, with their O-line as it is, is Jake Long an option?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think it's a good move by the Raiders. Rhodes/Fargas/Bush at runningback is pretty good. They have to get Dorsey or Ellis in the Draft now.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

I like this signing a lot, Fargas was probably their best player on offense last year.

Comment

I think it was great move and fargas earned it

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
            I like this signing a lot, Fargas was probably their best player on offense last year.
            says more about the Raiders offense than about Fargas I think.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
            don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
              says more about the Raiders offense than about Fargas I think.
              A agree with you Addict. But still a great move

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Originally posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
                yay!!!!!!!screw you McFadden.
                Woo hoo! X2
                Peyton Manning Fanboy
                Originally posted by Complex
                They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.

Comment

That's a pretty good deal in terms of money. Makes me happy because I'm sure Ward will be asking for about the same from the Giants, and at that cost I wouldn't mind keeping him.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
                    it would be stupid to draft McFadden now..your gonna spend a pick on a rb to go along with your other 3 RB's..and just ignore the real problem in oakland witch is DT..

and you take in how much money McFadden will want.and after Oakland had the number 1 pick last year.

to much money going into 1 position..
                    You mean like DT with Sands and Sapp last year?

It's not too much money in one position if the players are good like Fargas and DMAC would be.

All players will want a ton of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Only1pickJamarcusRusell View Post
                      You mean like DT with Sands and Sapp last year?

It's not too much money in one position if the players are good like Fargas and DMAC would be.

All players will want a ton of money.
                      I agree that pick will cost about the same. It's all about where you want to invest that money. I would take someone other than D-MAC. They need more help in other positions than RB

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                        If we're talking about a #3 RB, I think Rhodes very well could be gone. Adimchinobe Echemandu could do just fine in the role that Rhodes would have and for much less as well. (and with less of an ego) Rhodes had a serious problem with his lack of playing time in 2007, which could be understandable, but on the other hand the Raiders were going with the hot hand which was definitely not Rhodes.
                        I forgot they already signed Echemandu, that's right.

When the Raiders did finally give Rhodes the ball, he was productive. In the last three weeks of the season, against the Colts, Jags, and Chargers, he had 63 carries for 278 yards (4.4 avg) and caught 10 passes for 60 yards.

But as you said, it was a case of the hot hand in Oakland. LaMont Jordan started off the year very hot and then Fargas stepped in very well. When Fargas went down to injury, the ball then went to Rhodes. Lane Kiffin knows he can produce a successful running game with a good (but not probably great) back.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Legend View Post
                          it would be stupid to draft McFadden now..your gonna spend a pick on a rb to go along with your other 3 RB's..and just ignore the real problem in oakland witch is DT.
                          Hahaha....

Anyway, they could still draft McFadden. That's reasonable money for a backup in the NFL. It lowers the chances no doubt, but it's not an absolute either way by any means.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

doesn't Kiffin run a ZBS system similar to Denver where anybody can go back there and run the rock?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              doesn't Kiffin run a ZBS system similar to Denver where anybody can go back there and run the rock?
                              That system is about as real as the lockness monster.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                That system is about as real as the lockness monster.
                                i think theres some merit to it. i personally don't like it because while it does allow for a good running game despite lack luster talent, you still have issues in pass protection, probably even larger issues in pass protection bc you have average to below average talent in there coupled with lightweight bodies that can get moved backwards.

of course no system works without the players, but the design of it does have some merits. *shrug*

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information