Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
    they could of got at least a 7th something
    Yeah...you really don't know how this stuff works.

Explain to me what GM in the league would trade away a draft pick for a 35 year old linebacker coming off a concussed season. Also, why would they trade for him when every knowledgeable person knew he'd be cut anyways, since he has a $6 million base salary.

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
      Yeah...you really don't know how this stuff works.

Explain to me what GM in the league would trade away a draft pick for a 35 year old linebacker coming off a concussed season. Also, why would they trade for him when every knowledgeable person knew he'd be cut anyways, since he has a $6 million base salary.
      This is true. Also if you traded for him, you would have to pay his 6 million dollar salary. Now a team could probably sign him for 1-2 million for the season.

Comment

Plus Parcells and the Dolphins did the right thing by Thomas. They released him now, so that he could find a contender to potentially join at the start of free agency, and have the whole offseason to ingrain himself with his new team.
        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Wouldn't mind the Saints taking a look, I think even with the age factor he'd be an upgrade over what Simoneau provided. (although they would essentially bring the same package to the table) Veteran Linebacker who gets by with savvy and instincts rather than sheer athletic ability.. although I believe Zach Thomas can do that on a higher level.

It definitely wouldn't be a solution at MIKE for the Long-term but we can still bring in a guy to groom from the Draft, there are much worse moves they could make.
          Last edited by Auron; 02-14-2008, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
            Wouldn't mind the Saints taking a look, I think even with the age factor he'd be an upgrade over what Simoneau provided. (although they would essentially bring the same package to the table) Veteran Linebacker who gets by with savvy and instincts rather than sheer athletic ability.. although I believe Zach Thomas can do that on a higher level.

It definitely wouldn't be a solution at MIKE for the Long-term but we can still bring in a guy to groom from the Draft, there are much worse moves they could make.
            Im all for it I would love any help at LB

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

from a team standpoint it was time, but as a fan it sucks to see him go. I don't care what team Zach goes to, I will always root for him.

And I read Zach's comments after being released. No hard feelings, nothing but thanks for the organization.

No Miami Dolphin should ever wear 54 again. As soon as Zach retires he should be in the Ring of Honor and 54 should be retired for good.

Comment

As much as I was expecting this to happen, today is seriously the saddest day in my football fanhood. ZT was, by far my favorite NFL player since as long as I can remember. The thought of him playing for any other team brings a tear to my eye. I hope he goes somewhere and gets a ring but i would much rather see him retire then have to endure watching him play for another AFC east team two times a year for the rest of his career.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                  Hmm... wouldn't be a bad a quisition for Oakland, we could move Kirk to SLB.

um no way in hell we would move kirk over for zach

Comment

If the Bengals actually signed impact FA's I would be screaming for him. We desperately need someone like him.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                      I wouldnt wanna move Morrison out of his natural position again just to accomodate an old veteran who wouldnt give us more than a year or two anyways.
                      exactly, Kirk is our MLB and will be for a long time no reason to move him to the outside so we can sign some vet for 2 years at the most.
                      Taking a Knapp.

Comment

He has Saints written all over him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

Sad day in the NFL. Great Linebacker. He was one of my favorites. If he doesn't get signed I wouldn't be suprised if he retired.

Thanks to jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by portermvp84 View Post
                            Sad day in the NFL. Great Linebacker. He was one of my favorites. If he doesn't get signed I wouldn't be suprised if he retired.
                            Why's it sad?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlegom View Post
                              As much as I was expecting this to happen, today is seriously the saddest day in my football fanhood. ZT was, by far my favorite NFL player since as long as I can remember. The thought of him playing for any other team brings a tear to my eye. I hope he goes somewhere and gets a ring but i would much rather see him retire then have to endure watching him play for another AFC east team two times a year for the rest of his career.
                              A little selfish on your part. I am going to hate seeing him play for another team, but I would love to see him be able to win one before he hangs it up. The guy has done nothing but great things on and off the field for us in the past decade and I wish him all the best.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                                He has Saints written all over him.
                                the next washed up LB sitting on our bench all the year ?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information