Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first big name free agent to sign..and what team will they sign with

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
    White was as good last year. Same number of yards, although less catches and touchdowns. But your team was in 3rd in passing yards and first (by far) in attempts, with Drew Brees at quarterback. We were 18th in passing yards and 14th in attempts, with Joey Harrington, Chris Redman, and Byron Leftwich at quarterback. His career might not have been as good so far, but this year he was just as good.
    Saints didn't have a running game either.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
      I know, it's so outrageous how I'm actually thinking about and contextualizing issues rather than staring at a stat sheet and nothing more to determine a player's value.

      Absurd.
      Its interesting you know. How else do you grade talent? Especially at this level when comparing two players? Take the last two years. Berrian, Mason and Coles, arguably, had equal QB sitautions. Im sorry, but if your going to sit here and tell me that Berrian is an "elite" talent because Bears_Fan51 thinks so, then shoot me know. Because, quite frankly, you stating your opinion on why Berrian is an elite talent and a top 20 WR in this league, with absolutely nothing to back it up except your thought on his potential, means just as much as a blind, deaf, 97 year old grandma from Bangladesh.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
        Let me put it another way. If I were to make a list of who I considered to be the most talented wide receivers in the NFL today, it would not be a list of the top 20 receivers in yards or catches last year. It would include guys like Santonio Holmes, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White, etc. Of course I'm not going to be able to rank them statistically. That's not the point. That's never been the point. That's why it's not a contradiction when I say that Berrian is an elite talent and Greg Jennings is a very good #2. They aren't comparing the same thing. I don't know how else to explain that.

        Now, if you want to argue the top 20 thing. That's a different debate. There have been players on each list that I've disagreed with. There are things that Berrian can do that Colston cannot do that I think are much more valuable.
        Well, then how the hell do you grade talent? Is the most formidable way to grade talent based on stats and how they produce? Basically your saying that Roddy White is a top talent because of his intangible's, yet what he does on the field has nothing or very little to do with it.

        Comment


        • Briggs to the Chiefs

          Rationale: Herm maintains that there is going to be a huge turnover on the roster...The Chiefs have a lot of cap space, and Briggs flourishes in the Cover 2



          sig by BoneKrusher

          Originally posted by BuckNaked
          Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
            Its interesting you know. How else do you grade talent? Especially at this level when comparing two players? Take the last two years. Berrian, Mason and Coles, arguably, had equal QB sitautions. Im sorry, but if your going to sit here and tell me that Berrian is an "elite" talent because Bears_Fan51 thinks so, then shoot me know. Because, quite frankly, you stating your opinion on why Berrian is an elite talent and a top 20 WR in this league, with absolutely nothing to back it up except your thought on his potential, means just as much as a blind, deaf, 97 year old grandma from Bangladesh.
            So let me get this straight, you grade talent entirely off of stats? I guess Dave Kreig and Vinny Testeverde are two of the most talented quarterbacks of all time. And if that's the case, you can't even remotely make a case that Chad Pennington and Grossman are equals, as Pennington has much better stats.

            Talent does not always equal production, if that was the case rookies would dominate the league.

            Either way, I'm sick of you. You're like a little gnat that likes to make pointless comments just to bother people. Go make another sig of yourself or something.


            Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              And we are going to have to resign Newman next year I believe, so I doubt Jerry tosses his money around there, we would more likely overpay Stallworth or Berrian.
              I would like to "overpay" Berrian. He's in his prime and a true deep threat. He would have a great season in our system, especially considering that Romo is always looking for the big play.


              In Bob We Trust

              John Madden's wedding video business

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

              Comment


              • Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                Took him long enough to come around huh? Colston has did this since he came into the league LAST year, not 3 years ago.
                Ohhh no, it took Roddy three years to develope. It is so, so abnormal for a WR to hit his potential in year three. [/sarcasm]

                Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                Roddy is nothing but a deep threat that runs bad routes and has questionable hands.
                Funny, he gets open a lot for a guy who runs bad routes. And 83 catches is pretty good for a guy who is only a deep threat, has bad hands, and runs bad routes. And had 1,200 yards receiving with horrible quarterbacks.

                Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                Talent isn't there and I don't see him ever being as good as Colston.
                The talent isn't there? You have got to be kidding.

                He is 6'0"/ 6'1" 210 pounds and super strong, and he runs a 4.4 40 yard dash with the natural ability to get open (he has done that since his rookie year, he just did not catch the ball back then).

                Originally posted by saintsfan912 View Post
                Not saying he's not good, just not as good. This is why Colston is at the top of the league in receiving and White isn't really close.
                Colston was near the top of the league in receiving (t-8th/ 1,202 yards), but Roddy White wasn't (t-8th/ 1,202 yards)? You sound rediculous. Not to mention Colston was in an offense favoring the passing game, with a probowl quarterback, in an offense that passed far more than any other in the NFL. While Roddy was in a horrible offense that passed an average amount of times, with Joey Harrington, Chris Redman, and Byron Leftwich at quarterback.

                Roddy was at least as good as Colston last year. Not in the past two years, but last year. There is an arguement to be made for Colston, but obviously you are ignorant of the situation and have no idea what you are talking about.

                Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                Saints didn't have a running game either.
                Neither did the Falcons, they had the 28th ranked rushing attack and their leading rusher (Warrick Dunn) had a 3.2 yard per carry average.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

                Next Up: 2012

                Comment


                • randy moss> colston/berrian/white


                  Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                  Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                    So let me get this straight, you grade talent entirely off of stats? I guess Dave Kreig and Vinny Testeverde are two of the most talented quarterbacks of all time. And if that's the case, you can't even remotely make a case that Chad Pennington and Grossman are equals, as Pennington has much better stats.

                    Talent does not always equal production, if that was the case rookies would dominate the league.

                    Either way, I'm sick of you. You're like a little gnat that likes to make pointless comments just to bother people. Go make another sig of yourself or something.
                    Im the little gnat? Your the old man who sits there and rags on every so called personal attack I make and like to penalize me for it, yet your the one personally attacking me. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black dont you think? Or are your opinions still so jaded?

                    Again, Im the one making comments to bother people? Remind me again who said Bernard Berrian is a top 20 WR? Hahahaha. Please. Homer ALERT!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Rich Jr View Post
                      I could have bit my tongue on Jennings and Holmes but you lose all credibility by saying White is better than Colston.
                      Uh, Roddy White is better than Marques Colston. If you put him in that pass wacky offense with Brees throwing him passes he would be a monster. He has produced, despite having terrible QB play. We don't know if the same could be said about Colston.

                      Comment


                      • LOL, the underrating of Colston in this thread is beyond mind-boggling.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                        “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
                          Im the little gnat? Your the old man who sits there and rags on every so called personal attack I make and like to penalize me for it, yet your the one personally attacking me. Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black dont you think? Or are your opinions still so jaded?

                          Again, Im the one making comments to bother people? Remind me again who said Bernard Berrian is a top 20 WR? Hahahaha. Please. Homer ALERT!
                          Dude I tagged you for being a complete troll and consistantly calling people names after the Superbowl. You actally should have been suspended but I accidently deleated one of them. Feel free to push it, quite frankly I'd love to ban you and I doubt anyone would care. I'm not quite sure why I haven't yet other than the fact that I love to make fun of you having a sig of yourself and somehow thinking that made you anything other than a total loser.

                          Or just keep whining about the tags you've already gotten. It's practically trolling already.


                          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            Dude I tagged you for being a complete troll and consistantly calling people names after the Superbowl. You actally should have been suspended but I accidently deleated one of them. Feel free to push it, quite frankly I'd love to ban you and I doubt anyone would care. I'm not quite sure why I haven't yet other than the fact that I love to make fun of you having a sig of yourself and somehow thinking that made you anything other than a total loser.

                            Or just keep whining about the tags you've already gotten. It's practically trolling already.
                            What makes it so that you can talk down to people? Is it that little 'moderator' underneath you name? Doesnt mean anything to me other than the fact that you look through these boards. Doesnt mean to me that you can try and belittle people on this board and not expect the same back. Quite frankly I dont really know what you are thinking. Keep thinking your all big and mighty, because it doesnt mean anything to me when you are continuing to talk **** behind a computer. Im only responding to you. Are you going to act your age and not your shoe size and be mature?

                            Rag me all you want for my sig, I liked it, and I know a ton of other people like it as well. Is it jealousy? I dont know, but it kinda sounds like it since you keep mentioning it. Will you let it go? So at least we are on common ground for one thing. You like to poke fun at my sig, I like to get under your skin. Is that how it works?

                            Who trolling? I believe that in each one of my posts I have made reference or talked about Bernard Berrian and why he is not a top 20 WR. And I will continue to do so.

                            I do understand what people are aying about Roddy White, but to me stats play a pretty big role in determining how good somebody is. As well as the situation they came out of. White had good stats, and in a bad situation. I think he has great potential to really open it up if he hits the field with a great QB. Colston on the other hand has shown how good he is. Even with nothing else, and drawing a lot of double teams, he has still put up great numbers. In the end, at this point anyways, I would still stick with Colston.

                            Comment


                            • Faneca to the Chiefs!

                              Originally posted by fenikz
                              His soft D really turns me off
                              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                                Faneca to the Chiefs!
                                Could see it happening. Herm has said there is going to be a big turnover, so you never know. That is also a top area of need for them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information