Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first big name free agent to sign..and what team will they sign with

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't see Briggs going to the Saints. Aren't they kinda cheap?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

I think the Saints have a strategy of signing "low/mid-level" free agents to hold the fort, so to speak, until they can eventually address positions through the Draft. But they did sign Drew Brees to big deal, 6 years and $60M I think it was, and signed Charles Grant to a big extension. Marques Colston should deservingly get a big deal this offseason, and Will Smith soon enough.

I think it's a smart approach, I like it. They aren't getting far away from building through the Draft and keeping the great players they've developed, although granted Grant and Smith were drafted by the previous regime.

That said, Briggs is the best linebacker in the league imo. And I'm not crazy about using a 1st round pick on a linebacker, I'd much rather use it elsewhere, maybe the Saints feel the same and prefer the developed product in Briggs to immediately step in.
      Last edited by Geo; 02-15-2008, 07:40 PM.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Samuel to the Jets.
        Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by TimDris View Post
          Samuel to the Jets.
          I don't think we need 2 stud CBs and a stud SS making a lot of money (rhodes' money will come soon) i'd rather throw money at o-line and sign a solid #2 CB

^^Sig From Nvot9
          J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

Bryant Johnson to the Ravens.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

I am going to go with an unlikely guess: Asante to the Cowboys.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

i also believe if the skins cant work out a deal for chad that they will go hard at briggs, snyder and cerrato have been enamored with him for a couple of years now and it would be a good pickup cause our olb's are depleted right now

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

edit: delete.

Comment

Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                    i also believe if the skins cant work out a deal for chad that they will go hard at briggs, snyder and cerrato have been enamored with him for a couple of years now and it would be a good pickup cause our olb's are depleted right now
                    What is your LB core right now? London Fletcher, Rocky McIntosh...? HB Blades?

Comment

The Rams will sign Alge Crumpler cuz he is a TE.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                        What is your LB core right now? London Fletcher, Rocky McIntosh...? HB Blades?
                        Marcus Washington, Fletch, and McIntosh.

Washington came off of double(?) hip surgery and played pretty well last year. Fletcher is getting old, but he's still nasty. McIntosh got hurt late last year, and is probably going to miss at most half of next season. Blades looks promising, he played a little bit of every LB position last year. But he's really a pure MLB.

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post
                          I am going to go with an unlikely guess: Asante to the Cowboys.
                          That's not a bad guess, though I doubt they can afford him and Newman.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            That's not a bad guess, though I doubt they can afford him and Newman.
                            And we are going to have to resign Newman next year I believe, so I doubt Jerry tosses his money around there, we would more likely overpay Stallworth or Berrian.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              And we are going to have to resign Newman next year I believe, so I doubt Jerry tosses his money around there, we would more likely overpay Stallworth or Berrian.
                              Berrian is going to be so overpaid during this FA. I have a feeling. I don't think he's a star WR but people will pay him like 1.
                              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

Originally posted by 21ST View Post
                                we havent even cut people and we are like 7 or 8 mill over
                                I believe they are closer to 20 mill over

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information