Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the first big name free agent to sign..and what team will they sign with

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Who will be the first big name free agent to sign..and what team will they sign with

    Who will be the first big name free agent to sign..and what team will they sign with?


    "O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

    Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

    Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun


    "(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

  • #2
    You gotta think either one of Briggs, Samuel, or Faneca will be the first to sign.

    Comment


    • #3
      I would guess Briggs. But what team I dont know.

      Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

      WHO DAT

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
        I would guess Briggs. But what team I dont know.
        I'm having trouble finding a great match as well. For such a good player, thats strange. I could see not many teams wanting to pay the type of salary he is looking for, for a LBer. A lot of teams who would probably want him, already have their stud linebacker. Maybe a team like the Vikings?

        Comment


        • #5
          I would say samuel maybe to the Saints or Cards

          Sick sig by Jackalope

          LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            I'm having trouble finding a great match as well. For such a good player, thats strange. I could see not many teams wanting to pay the type of salary he is looking for, for a LBer. A lot of teams who would probably want him, already have their stud linebacker. Maybe a team like the Vikings?
            Yea im with you on this. I think its about giving up all that money for him. Is he worth it or is he just good becouse he is playing next to Brian and a good front 4? Im not taking anything away from briggs but I dont know to many teams that dont have a stud LB that are willing to give up the cash for a LB.

            Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

            WHO DAT

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
              I would say samuel maybe to the Saints or Cards
              I would love for the Saints to take Samuel and Briggs.. God know we need them..

              Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

              WHO DAT

              Comment


              • #8
                Im prolly going to get blasted for this...but i think Briggs is overrated. I certainly wouldnt wanna pay top bucks for him, i dont even think he is a top 10 OLB in the league.

                Comment


                • #9
                  ^Can you name 10 better? He's an 26 year old 3 time pro bowler who has good size, can cover can play sideline to sideline and can get after the qb. I really don't think there are 10 LBs especially OLBs that are better.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Alan Faneca to the Cards or Bryant Johnson to either Miami or Jacksonville

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      ^Can you name 10 better? He's an 26 year old 3 time pro bowler who has good size, can cover can play sideline to sideline and can get after the qb. I really don't think there are 10 LBs especially OLBs that are better.
                      Peterson, A.J Hawk, Jason Tayler, Merriman, Phillips, Bulluck, Ware .I did try but could not come up with 10 that I would like to have over Briggs at OLB....So I agree with you he is a top 10 OLB in my book And he is till young so he has alot of upside.
                      Last edited by SaintsFanForLife; 02-15-2008, 10:19 AM.

                      Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

                      WHO DAT

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Michael Boley, Derrick Brooks, Keith Bulluck, Angelo Crowell, Karlos Dansby, Donnie Edwards, James Harrison, AJ Hawk, EJ Henderson, Thomas Howard, Shawne Merriman, Kirk Morrison, Julian Peterson, Ernie Simms, Terrell Suggs, Mike Vrabel, Demarcus Ware, DJ Williams, Will Witherspoon, Kamerion Wimbley


                        Those are some of the best OLB's in the league, the bolded ones are players i would rather have than Lance Briggs. But thats just my opinion.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          ^Half the players you guys named are 3-4 rush OLBs which is a totally different position. out of those lists the only player I think is hands down better is Julian Peterson. Hawk is not yet a pro bowler and neither is Sims though I defiently think they both wil be.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                            ^Half the players you guys named are 3-4 rush OLBs which is a totally different position. out of those lists the only player I think is hands down better is Julian Peterson. Hawk is not yet a pro bowler and neither is Sims though I defiently think they both wil be.
                            Hawk doesn't deserve to be a pro bowler yet. Sims, thats questionable. He could have made it this year and I would have considered it justified. However I'm not sure Briggs deserved to go all the years he did.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I heard the Redskins are interested

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information