Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos WR Smith likely finished

Broncos WR Smith likely finished

ENGLEWOOD, Colorado (Ticker) - The hip injury that forced Rod Smith to sit out last season has apparently finished his career.

The Denver Broncos on Friday placed their all-time leader in every major career receiving category and a key member of their back-to-back Super Bowl championship teams on the reserve/retired list.

Smith, 37, who underwent left hip surgery in February 2007, began the season on the team's physically unable to perform list. He returned to practice in late October but he was unable to continue after just three days.

----

One of the best undrafted players ever and I guy I have alot of respect for as a Chiefs fan I won't miss him but as a NFL fan I will.:)

He is a great player and worked hard to get there. But it is time for him to hang it up......

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

He was the man for a while in Denver. Now that title belongs to Brandon Marshall
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

We knew that he was probably done, but I respect all of his accomplishments and the fact that he worked so hard to try to get back.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I give this man so much respect, one of the best undrafted players. He is the man

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

He should be in the HOF.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
              He should be in the HOF.
              Sorry, but no.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                He should be in the HOF.
                I dont think he will be in...

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

maybe not first ballot but he's got twice as many receptions and yards as lynn swann. he's top 20 in receiving yards, he spent the prime of his career in a run first offense, 2 time all pro, two time superbowl champion, one of only a hand full of receivers to log back to back 100 catch seasons, and he's been so classy and such a good leader for his entire career.

So if you look strictly at numbers maybe not (but I still say yes) but when you factor in what kind of a player he was for all these years going undrafted and rising to the level he has, you've got to put him in.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post
                    maybe not first ballot but he's got twice as many receptions and yards as lynn swann. he's top 20 in receiving yards, he spent the prime of his career in a run first offense, 2 time all pro, two time superbowl champion, one of only a hand full of receivers to log back to back 100 catch seasons, and he's been so classy and such a good leader for his entire career.

So if you look strictly at numbers maybe not (but I still say yes) but when you factor in what kind of a player he was for all these years going undrafted and rising to the level he has, you've got to put him in.
                    I would like to see him make it...I just dont see it....its to bad he worked his ass off. But i just dont see it. I hope im wrong.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

this was long overdue, great player great career.... i think brandon marshall has the chance to break all his records

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

He is was a very good player and all, but the HOF is for the best of all time and he's definitly not one of them. He wasn't one of the best of his era, even when playing with a HOF QB.
                        "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Originally posted by senormysterioso View Post

Big receiving numbers are getting more common as the NFL progresses more and more into a passing league. Which is why when the time he's eligible, it's going to be very hard for him to get into the Hall of Fame. Wide receivers have a hard enough time getting in in the first place, and he'll be up against some tough competition. Not only that, but he didn't dominate during any of his years. He had a lot of yards during certain seasons, but there wasn't one point where he was regarded clearly as the best wide receiver in the league. It was always someone else. Another person that faces the same problem is Issac Bruce.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                          -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                          Originally posted by Borat
                          Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                            He was the man for a while in Denver. Now that title belongs to Brandon Marshall
                            More BRandon Stokely IMO.

Comment

Or J.Walker when healthy

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information