No announcement yet.

Released/waived players thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as Crumpler is concerned, he is still a big play threat who can get in the end zone. He is great at finding holes in the zone, can block, and is hard to cover. He is also clutch and will have some huge games. He also had like three straight years with a catch, which stopped this year, I guess that is good.

But he is fat, has injury problems that can only get worse (his knee), and drops too many passes.

So really he can make big plays, but he is a risk and drops too many passes.
    Virginia Tech.
    ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

PER PFT

PATS TO PASS ON STALLWORTH OPTION

A league source tells us that the New England Patriots already have advised receiver Donte' Stallworth that they won't be picking up the $6 million option due to be paid to him on or before February 25.

As a result, the Pats will be required to cut Stallworth by 4:00 p.m. EST on Friday, February 22. Unless, of course, they work out a new deal with him before then.

Stallworth was signed by the Pats before the team acquired Randy Moss. The decision not to keep Stallworth suggests that the team will retain Moss, possibly by applying the franchise tag to him and then trying to work out a long-term deal.

The deadline for applying the franchise tag is February 21.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        As far as Crumpler is concerned, he is still a big play threat who can get in the end zone. He is great at finding holes in the zone, can block, and is hard to cover. He is also clutch and will have some huge games. He also had like three straight years with a catch, which stopped this year, I guess that is good.

But he is fat, has injury problems that can only get worse (his knee), and drops too many passes.

So really he can make big plays, but he is a risk and drops too many passes.
        Good accurate summary of Crumpler. I think I rather the Saints just continue to use Billy Miller rather than shelling out money to Crumpler.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
          PER PFT

PATS TO PASS ON STALLWORTH OPTION

A league source tells us that the New England Patriots already have advised receiver Donte' Stallworth that they won't be picking up the $6 million option due to be paid to him on or before February 25.

As a result, the Pats will be required to cut Stallworth by 4:00 p.m. EST on Friday, February 22. Unless, of course, they work out a new deal with him before then.

Stallworth was signed by the Pats before the team acquired Randy Moss. The decision not to keep Stallworth suggests that the team will retain Moss, possibly by applying the franchise tag to him and then trying to work out a long-term deal.

The deadline for applying the franchise tag is February 21.
          Chad Jackson could show out in his absense in that offense.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Should we bring Stallworth back? No never mind once he is back in Black and gold he will start dropping balls again
            Last edited by RAZERSAINTS; 02-17-2008, 09:20 PM.

Sick sig by Jackalope

LIFE IS HARD WHEN YOU ARE A SAINTS FAN

Comment

Originally posted by RAZERSAINTS View Post
              Should we bring Stallworth back? No never mind once he is back in Black and gold he will start dropping balls again
              Sean Payton didn't want Stallworth the first time and cut him in favor of Colston. I highly doubt Stallworth comes back to New Orleans.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Yeah, Stallworth doesn't make sense in New Orleans. Maybe San Fransisco or Tennessee...

BoneKrusher

Comment

If Surtain and Law are both cut by the Chiefs look for them to go after Trufant or Samuel. They have plentry of money. After getting rid of all these guys like Jason Dunn, Law, Surtain, Bell, Welbourn I think a long term deal is in order for Jared Allen
                  my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                  <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                  <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                  <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                  Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                  What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Would the Chiefs really consider cutting both Law and Surtain? They don't have any depth behind those two, unless they're considering pursuing Samuel or Trufant.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I think they are pursuing one of the two.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I hope we'll hear of us signing one of the them before we hear of us cutting Law or Surtain, or both.

I like Ty Law, I always have, but he gets beat too often anymore. Surtain is still somewhat serviceable for now, but I expect us to grab someone in the draft that Herm and Gunther think can be developed into the guy.

Also, I remember hearing or reading somewhere that if we franchise Allen he won't resign next season? I hope we just give him a long term deal and get it out of the way.

ps, Faneca and Samuel to the Chiefs please!
                        Last edited by vidae; 02-18-2008, 01:25 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                        His soft D really turns me off
                        ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I heard LAW is getting cut did not hear anything about Surtan

Sick sig by Jackalope

Comment

According to PFT, the Bears dumped Moose today.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Did they really need him anymore?

Sick sig by Jackalope

Comment

Guess that all but means they're gearing up a big offer for Berrian.
                                Originally posted by Paul
                                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information