Falcons Release 7 Players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Addict View Post
    trust me, Joey Harrington IS just completely horrible.

the only thing he'll manage is manage to run your team into the ground.
    I dunno. Maybe if he had any actual talent around him at any point in his career. This guy has played for the Lions, Dolphins, and Falcons.

Comment

Alge Crumpler, Rod Coleman and Wayne Gandy are shocking to me.

Byron Leftwich, not so much. He should never hsve been there in the first place. Not a team with an OL that ******.

Comment

I wouldn't mind bringing Harrington to AZ to back up Leinart once Warner is gone

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
          Alge Crumpler, Rod Coleman and Wayne Gandy are shocking to me.

Byron Leftwich, not so much. He should never hsve been there in the first place. Not a team with an OL that ******.

I'll clear things up. None of this should be shocking.

Crumpler: Getting older, injury plagued, and he is grossly overweight. Drops a ton of balls. He is a product of Mike Vick. He's nothing more then average now.

Rod Coleman- Big contract, getting older, just hurt way to often. If healthy, he is still a good DT.

Wayne Gandy- He's just old and terrible. Nuff said.

Comment

Wow...Rod Coleman can dominate when healthy. I'd love him in the Tampa 2 as someone that can spot Tommie Harris. Similar to what we tried to do with Darwin Walker this year but cheaper (Walker will be cut soon btw).

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Two main surprises. (I know Dimitroff is the GM, but I doubt these moves would have happened unless Mike Smith had signed off on them.)

Byron Leftwich. I expected BL to get a chance to start under Mike Smith. This may show however, just what the guys in Jacksonville thought of him. It's a shame; this is a guy who prior to his ankle injury in 2005 from Adrian Wilson looked capable of turning into a franchise Quarterback. Now, he looks little more than camp fodder / #3 guy.

Rod Coleman. Mike Smith had success in Jacksonville with two monster DTs. Coleman isn't that, but to release him is surprising as you are cutting a DT who can be very effective.

I thought before these moves that the Falcons would draft Ellis/Dorsey to give Mike Smith a potentially dominant D-line in Abraham, Rookie, Coleman and Anderson. I thought that Byron Leftwich would be given a chance to start, with a second rounder as insurance for the future.

Now, I don't know... It makes their needs at QB and DT both so much greater. Harrington / Redman don't appear to me to be guys who can hold down the QB spot for an entire year; the fans would get too restless, but surely the Falcons need something at DT?
              Will post for +rep.

Comment

Originally posted by UK Cards Fan View Post
                Two main surprises. (I know Dimitroff is the GM, but I doubt these moves would have happened unless Mike Smith had signed off on them.)

Byron Leftwich. I expected BL to get a chance to start under Mike Smith. This may show however, just what the guys in Jacksonville thought of him. It's a shame; this is a guy who prior to his ankle injury in 2005 from Adrian Wilson looked capable of turning into a franchise Quarterback. Now, he looks little more than camp fodder / #3 guy.

Rod Coleman. Mike Smith had success in Jacksonville with two monster DTs. Coleman isn't that, but to release him is surprising as you are cutting a DT who can be very effective.

I thought before these moves that the Falcons would draft Ellis/Dorsey to give Mike Smith a potentially dominant D-line in Abraham, Rookie, Coleman and Anderson. I thought that Byron Leftwich would be given a chance to start, with a second rounder as insurance for the future.

Now, I don't know... It makes their needs at QB and DT both so much greater. Harrington / Redman don't appear to me to be guys who can hold down the QB spot for an entire year; the fans would get too restless, but surely the Falcons need something at DT?
                You can not have an elite defensive line with Jamaal Anderson starting. I mean, it immediately gives the quarterback a three man pass rush.

Seriously, the eight overall draft pick and he looked horrible last year. Really needs to get down to about 275-280. Last season he looked like he was in the high 290s.

But, Rod Coleman is not a big loss. Jonathan Babineaux is very good and likely better than Rod Coleman at this point. The problem is and has been nose tackle.
                Virginia Tech.
                ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                  Why he isn't completely horrible. In a best case scenario he would never play anyway. And if your starting QB goes down for the year, your season is done anyway. But I look at him as a guy who can come in a play 2 or 3 games if need be and maange it enough where if you have a good defense and running game, he might be able to win half the games until your starter comes back.
                  The hefty lefty would eat joey if he stepped foot in giants stadium

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                    You can not have an elite defensive line with Jamaal Anderson starting. I mean, it immediately gives the quarterback a three man pass rush.
                    Pretty harsh criticism for a rookie. Gotta give him at least a little time.

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

Watching Jamaal Anderson rush the passer is like watching paint dry or water run down a window. It is slow and painful, and accomplishes nothing.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Crumpler shouldnt be surprising...he had a falling out w/ them. He wasnt happy anymore and constantly whining this past season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Leftwich's career is swirling, swirling, swirling down the drain...

by BoneKrusher
                          <DG> how metal unseen
                          <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                            Leftwich's career is swirling, swirling, swirling down the drain...
                            Well, its his own fault for signing with ATLANTA. If he's lucky, he'll somehow end up in as a backup in Cleveland if they deal Anderson or Quinn.

Comment

The Saints need to hop on Alge Crumpler like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

I agree man we need a good TE....

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information