Clear All

• Falcons Release 7 Players

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3247718

Notable Players Released
    TE Algae Crumpler
    QB Byron Leftwich
    OT Wayne Gandy
    DT Rod Coleman

This may really effect the draft. The Falcons holes at QB, OT, and DT just got a lot bigger.

Crumpler surprises me. Is this a move to free up some cap space?

Comment

This is already on Geo's Thread" Released/waived players thread "http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=18261

but yea its to rebuild and for cap space

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Comment

These guys had some pretty big contracts, so getting rid of them frees up considerable amounts of space.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
        don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Crumpler surprises me....Leftwich can still play, he'll be someone's decent backup...Coleman could supply some team with good DT depth...

Comment

They did not release Alge because of salary... courtesy of rotoworld

Falcons released seven players Friday, including four-time Pro Bowl TE Alge Crumpler, QB Byron Leftwich, and LT Wayne Gandy.
            This is a strong statement about Crumpler's lack of conditioning and health, because the team saves only $1.3 million by cutting Crumpler this season. Crumpler, 30, has some question marks but immediately becomes the top tight end on the free agent market. He'd be worthwhile pickup for a team like the Vikings, Bills, Seahawks, or Buccaneers

sig by bosanac01

Comment

coleman can still play. hes only like 31 i think.

looks like the falcons will definitely be looking to draft a qb. no way they can think harringtons the answer.

Comment

I've been saying all along...Matt Ryan will be their pick

Comment

I was really hoping they would cut Harrington. I would have loved to have him on the Giants as a back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    I was really hoping they would cut Harrington. I would have loved to have him on the Giants as a back up.
                    so would i...

Comment

I agree. I feel like he's a really good back up. I could see him liking the media attention too.

Honestly, I'd like to see us draft a late round rookie to groom behind Eli to become a suitable back up.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                        so would i...
                        You guys are delusional . . .
                        R.I.P. L.E.F.
                        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          You guys are delusional . . .
                          Why he isn't completely horrible. In a best case scenario he would never play anyway. And if your starting QB goes down for the year, your season is done anyway. But I look at him as a guy who can come in a play 2 or 3 games if need be and maange it enough where if you have a good defense and running game, he might be able to win half the games until your starter comes back.

Comment

If Dunn isn't cut I don't know what I will do I just can't watch him run up the middle for 1 yard every play for another year.

Comment

Why he isn't completely horrible. In a best case scenario he would never play anyway. And if your starting QB goes down for the year, your season is done anyway.
                              trust me, Joey Harrington IS just completely horrible.

But I look at him as a guy who can come in a play 2 or 3 games if need be and maange it enough where if you have a good defense and running game, he might be able to win half the games until your starter comes back.
                              the only thing he'll manage is manage to run your team into the ground.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information