No announcement yet.

Walsh Has Tapes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully. I mean he's already lying on resumes to get jobs...

Comment

Jay, how do you even know what are on the tapes? what if the there are other teams walk throughs? Your blatant homerism is kind of sickening. Can't judge any of this till it actually comes out.

Comment

Right, since the actual footage of the tapes has not been released nobody knows what was actually taped. you're right, it cannot be said that the patriots were completely innocent in other circumstances, just as you cannot say that the patriots were guilty in previous instances. People who hate the patriots are going to say that they are guilty before eveything comes out. Why is it not ok, then, for some patriots fans to argue that they did not do some of the things that the patriots have been accused of with little to no evidence supporting the claims? All I'm trying to say is that the evidence needs to come out completely (if it ever does) before judgement can be passed.
        Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

Originally posted by Packer_Backer View Post
          Jay, how do you even know what are on the tapes? what if the there are other teams walk throughs? Your blatant homerism is kind of sickening. Can't judge any of this till it actually comes out.
          But what ever is on the tape is irrelevant at this point. What he is saying is that it is not the tape in itself that is causing this trouble, rather where the camera was that shot the tape. The camera was on the field, which is a no-no. If Matt Walsh was up in a booth at the top of the stadium and shot this film, we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Simple. It really is.

Comment

These threads are getting ridiculous. Until any of us see video and we know the Patriots actually filmed all of these games these threads are useless. If you hate the Patriots, that is your opinion but there is no need for all of these anti-Patriots threads. We have had like ten on the tapes alone already.

Comment

Originally posted by Billingsley26 View Post
              But what ever is on the tape is irrelevant at this point. What he is saying is that it is not the tape in itself that is causing this trouble, rather where the camera was that shot the tape. The camera was on the field, which is a no-no. If Matt Walsh was up in a booth at the top of the stadium and shot this film, we wouldn't be talking about this right now. Simple. It really is.
              Good freakin' lord.

It doesn't matter where the damn camera is if they taped a private Rams only Superbowl walkthrough. I don't care if the Camera is on Venus, it's Illegal by NFL Rules and cheating.

The fact remains, You and Jay complain for everyone to wait for evidence, yet you guys jump to more conclusions than everyone else. Like you 2 already KNOW whats on the tapes.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I am not a Pats fan......With that said....Has anyone thought that Walsh is holding out for immunity just to make $$$$$ off of the whole deal. McNamee was trying to keep himself out of jail. Walsh appears to be trying to make a $$$$ off the whole thing without being held accountable if he lies. Every witness is held accountable if the lie(perjury) on the stand. Why should Walsh be different? Also, Where was Walsh in September? He could have easily been more believable in October. Maybe it took some time for the media man to manufacture evidence? I don't believe a starving golf pro is hiding anything of relevance four months after the investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                  These threads are getting ridiculous. Until any of us see video and we know the Patriots actually filmed all of these games these threads are useless. If you hate the Patriots, that is your opinion but there is no need for all of these anti-Patriots threads. We have had like ten on the tapes alone already.
                  What are you kidding? This is THE biggest story of the offseason. Walsh will be called in as a witness in the Rams player lawsuit and we'll finally see if he has the goods. If he does, Belichik might be banned, the SB title might be stripped, draft choices might be forfeited. That's an amazing story. You guys are on the verge of going down as the infamous Black Sox of baseball. I mean the only reason anyone cares about this story is because of the repercussions if it's proved you guys taped the Rams practices illegally. Hey I can see how you guys just want this story to go away but you better get used to it, because its here to stay until we find out whether Walsh has the tapes or not

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Patriots fans on here keep saying there is no proof that any of the taping had any effect on any game. I ask you this, why in gods name would the Patriots do something that is illegal, and continue to do it after being warned, if there was no advantage to be had. The assertion that they would cheat to gain zero advantage is utterly asinine. And you still haven't answered why the Patriots would tape crappy Packers and Lions teams in 2006 for future reference. How in the world would tapes of two bad NFC teams benefit the Patriots in the long term future. Of course that taping was used to gain an advantage in that game, because by the time they would meet those teams again (years down the road), the information would be irrelevant.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
                      Patriots fans on here keep saying there is no proof that any of the taping had any effect on any game. I ask you this, why in gods name would the Patriots do something that is illegal, and continue to do it after being warned, if there was no advantage to be had. The assertion that they would cheat to gain zero advantage is utterly asinine. And you still haven't answered why the Patriots would tape crappy Packers and Lions teams in 2006 for future reference. How in the world would tapes of two bad NFC teams benefit the Patriots in the long term future. Of course that taping was used to gain an advantage in that game, because by the time they would meet those teams again (years down the road), the information would be irrelevant.
                      Aren't you somewhat refuting your own argument? Think about it. Why would the pats have to tape the crap Lions for? Why would they do something illegal if they could easily win the game without it? I'm not saying you're wrong, exactly, but I can see no reason why you tape practices of bad teams.
                      Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                      oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                        Aren't you somewhat refuting your own argument? Think about it. Why would the pats have to tape the crap Lions for? Why would they do something illegal if they could easily win the game without it? I'm not saying you're wrong, exactly, but I can see no reason why you tape practices of bad teams.
                        I'm not talking about practices. I am talking about the original breaking story of taping defensive signals of the Jets. They were also caught taping the Packers and Lions defensive signals, not practices.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

Your right, doing something illegal where you stand no gain but risk suffering severe consequences is just plain stupid. But it has been said that the coaches may not have used the tapes and that he filmed the practice on his own. It sounds ridiculously repetitive, but until the actual footage from the tapes is released, we will not know what advantage exactly could be gained from the tapes. We may never know what actually happened, because even if it was proven that the practices were taped, it cannot be proven that they actually used the information from the tapes, or if the information from the tapes was helpful (if that were the case it would more than likely help, but you never know).
                          Patriots, Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, Texas Longhorns

Comment

I know it didn't effect any games because the commissioner of the NFL said so.

It's as simple as that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigburt63 View Post
                              Your right, doing something illegal where you stand no gain but risk suffering severe consequences is just plain stupid. But it has been said that the coaches may not have used the tapes and that he filmed the practice on his own. It sounds ridiculously repetitive, but until the actual footage from the tapes is released, we will not know what advantage exactly could be gained from the tapes. We may never know what actually happened, because even if it was proven that the practices were taped, it cannot be proven that they actually used the information from the tapes, or if the information from the tapes was helpful (if that were the case it would more than likely help, but you never know).
                              Seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY! If they taped practices, they definitely used the information on those tapes. But maybe Bonds just collects steroids and he never used them...
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm not talking about practices. I am talking about the original breaking story of taping defensive signals of the Jets. They were also caught taping the Packers and Lions defensive signals, not practices.
                                I can tell you right now they have taped absolutely every NFL football game they can since in every possible way since Bill Belichick has been a head coach in the NFL. They see value in it for evaluation purposes. Bill Belichick has a file on every defensive co-coordinator that has been in the NFL since his days with the Browns. He uses all forms of video tapes to learn play calling tenancies and uses the information he has on file whenever coaches change jobs. It's all a part of the process. Is it necessary? Probably not. But somewhere in there, he sees the value in it so they've done it. And they've been caught. Many times. And no one ever did anything about it, which obviously made him think it was OK, just that when he tried to gather information on the road it might be hard. Why is that so ridiculous? I mean really, we all know there were rules, but there are rules that say you're not supposed to simulate snap counts or cut block and teams still do it.

No one wants to talk about that, though. Everyone automatically assumes it is being used in game, and they have since day one, even though the COMMISSIONER OF THE NFL said that is not the case.

But again, no one wants to hear that. I wouldn't have to "defend" anything if people stuck to the facts.

But I've said it once and I'll say it again: NFL fans should want this to go away, because it's only going to get worse from here:

SPYING AN INTERNAL THING, TOO

As the heat continues to rise regarding Spygate II, a reader has forwarded to us a link to a 1999 item from Mike Freeman, then of the New York Times and currently with CBSSports.com, regarding the possibility that the New York Jets (for whom Pats coach Bill Belichick worked at the time), might have been secretly videotaping . . . their own players . . . in the locker room.

The issue came up because an unnamed Jets defensive player entered a small room at the team's practice facility, which contained a bank of video screens. Some of the monitors included images of the locker room.

"A lot of things around here have knocked me for a loop, but this is one of the biggest,'' said the player. ''My first thought was, 'Has the team been spying on us?'''

In Freeman's article, NFLPA Executive Director Gene Upshaw said that he believes 25 percent of the league's teams use hidden cameras in the locker room.

But Upshaw didn't seem to be all that bothered by it.

"When I'm in Denver, in a meeting with the players at the Broncos' facility, you see certain things in the room and know they're not lights," Upshaw said. "I know management is listening. When I'm in Cincinnati, I know Owner Mike Brown is listening. I don't want to say how I know, but I know. But when it comes to this issue of cameras around the players, it's not a big deal to me, because they are there for the security of our players, and obviously the safety of the players is a primary concern for me. I'd rather err on the side of caution, than have some nut come into the locker room and do something.''

But, Gene, are hidden cameras that no one knows about really going to deter a "nut" from doing anything?

Art Modell, who owned the Ravens at the time, confirmed Upshaw's beliefs: ''Some teams are using surveillance equipment in the locker room, yes. But I'd fire the first guy who did that here. No video cameras, no audiotapes, no eavesdropping.''

''This is a sensitive issue,'' Upshaw said. ''I'm sure it will be talked about a lot in the future.''

It hasn't been. But given the current focus on things the Patriots did or didn't do, let's not forget that there are 31 other NFL franchises that might be doing plenty of things that they shouldn't be doing, and that they merely haven't gotten caught.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information