Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears cut Moose, extend Alex Brown.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

This is questionable for its own thread, but Moose could be a solid #2 for some team, and I think this increases the chances we tag Berrian (Angelo recently said they had not ruled it out).

You've got to think this increases the chances they look at Marty Booker as well.

The extension of Alex Brown is a bit of a suprise, but I guess that answers the questions about him being trade bait.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Actually come to think of it I wonder if the Panthers don't take a look at Moose for a one-year deal similar to what they did with Keyshawn.

Comment

I'm not surprised we kept Brown. I am surprised at the extension, which is a strong message to Mark Anderson after his struggles last year.

Booker looks like a more likely possibility now as the solid veteran to help out the younger guys.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
        I'm not surprised we kept Brown. I am surprised at the extension, which is a strong message to Mark Anderson after his struggles last year.

Booker looks like a more likely possibility now as the solid veteran to help out the younger guys.
        WOW! Great news! No diss to Moose but he just wasn't living up to expectations. Best of luck to him. ALso its nice to have Brown as run support. Now hopefully we can do something with Berrian and Briggs. I want both of these guys to remain here. *crossing fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Actually come to think of it I wonder if the Panthers don't take a look at Moose for a one-year deal similar to what they did with Keyshawn.
          They need to jump on this. Moose is one guy who I know will be fine with Smtih, because Smith credits Moose with a lot of the success he has had. The familiarity with Delhomme is also very good.

As long as he can be a guy who can make a play every five plays, he will be perfect. We just need someone else who can be a reliable number two. If Jarrett or someone else decides to step up then that is a plus.

Comment

I wouldn't rule out the 49ers making a big push for Moose or Booker.

Comment

Whats the chances the bears draft a WR in the 2nd? They have problems on the line and at QB

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                Whats the chances the bears draft a WR in the 2nd? They have problems on the line and at QB
                From the mouth (or keyboard) of our great leader.

With Bernard Berrian scheduled to become a free agent, do you expect the Bears will re-sign him or maybe place the franchise tag on him?

Jay
                Billings, Montana

We haven’t gotten to determining anything on tags. We’d certainly like to have Bernard back, and I’ll leave it at that.

With Muhsin Muhammad not getting any younger and Bernard Berrian possibly exiting via free agency, do you see the Bears choosing a wide receiver in the first three rounds of the draft?

Jerry
                Albuquerque, New Mexico

I’m not going to rule out wide receiver, but until we know Bernard’s future, we can’t say for sure in any round.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  I don't see the fit with Martz for either guy in all honesty. Booker is a bit better, so maybe there, but eh. They have secondary receivers. They need a lead guy, IMO, which I don't see Moose or Booker as.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    Oh goodness I hope not. I think we've had enough of those type of receivers the last five years.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

Looking at everything else that has happened this is probably the best move I've seen so far this off season. I like Alex Brown a lot more than Mark Anderson. Brown is much better in a starters role than Anderson is.
                      I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

So unless we sign Bernard Berrian we're going into the draft with a big need at receiver.

sig by VLS
                        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                        I don't care...

Comment

Uh, team forum?

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
                            Uh, team forum?

Moose is a big enough name to have a thread in the main room IMO.

Comment

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...release-d.html

Bears released Darwin Walker and Fred Miller as well. Both were guarantees to happen.

Walker should create a little buzz on the market as a situational interior pass-rusher.

Fred Miller will likely retire.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information