Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli as Coverboy?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl...rn=nfl%2C67248
    Rumors are out there that Eli's going to be the cover boy for EA Sports' Madden 09
    Yeah its early but who does everyone think will be Madden/NCAA Coverboys

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Surprising considering they havent taken a super bowl winner from the previous season before.

Comment

i can never guess the NFL but i'll say AP if he doesnt turn it down.
      NCAA normally uses a guy who already left college...maybe DMC, Dorsey, or Ghoulston. longshot of tebow

Comment

It may very well be Eli. I could also see Romo (please no), or AD. AD seems likely.

BoneKrusher

Comment

If Romo was the coverboy the new feature could be an off the field thing were you have to balance dating hott ass women and still playing well.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBear89 View Post
            i can never guess the NFL but i'll say AP if he doesnt turn it down.
            NCAA normally uses a guy who already left college...maybe DMC, Dorsey, or Ghoulston. longshot of tebow
            Yea, I don't think current college players are allowed to "promote" themselves or make any money off of any kind of advertisements. Not sure exactly how it works though.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Comment

It was known fairly early that VY was the cover for 08, maybe not this early but not far off it. I recall the "placeholder" cover EA put out there was indeed a cutout silhouette of VY, I wonder if they give that big of a hint this time around.

Comment

I'd like to see Mario Williams get it. The main reason is, it gives recognition to the fantastic season he had, hopefully get some more people off the texans' as* for the reggie bush thing (not people on here, but outside "fans") and he seems more likely to stay healthy and perform at a very high level.

I'm not saying that Eli and AD are going to be inconsistent or not have a good season, becuase they definately have the talent. However, AD got hurt last season and there's always that stigma and Eli hasn't put together a great full season (i personally feel he will, but i don't want to hear the madden curse garbage anymore), I just think Mario Williams has the better chance of playing at an extremely high level for an entire season. This will hopefully erase the whole madden curse thing.

I wouldn't put it past them to give it to Tom Brady after the season he had either. If anyone can stay healthy for a full year it would be him and that offensive line. Although, it'd only make sense for the madden curse to actually keep brady out because of a shoulder injury. Go figure.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

NCAA, due to the rising popularity of dual-QB systems should give it to a dual-QB combo from the past, and make that the new feature, i also think u should be able to import coaches from NCAA into madden and their playbook goes with the (5-2 and the option in the nfl!!!)

Comment

I'd like to see them give it to someone who the media isnt drooling over. Last year, Vince Young, and this year, maybe Eli Manning. I'd like to see it go to some guys that have had more than one good year.
                    http://old.irishsports.com/stories/s...9/19/quinn.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
                      It may very well be Eli. I could also see Romo (please no), or AD. AD seems likely.
                      Rookie two years in a row? I don't see it happening.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well if they would do back to back QBs (assuming you endorse Eli as a reasonable candidate), why not back to back rookies?

I would rather have Kearney or Sanders than Eli or AD.
                        Mr Garrison: Does anyone know what sexual harassment means?
                        Cartman: When you are trying to have intercourse with a special lady friend and some other guy comes up and tickles your balls from behind.

Comment

I was at Gamestop today and they had a bunch of cases with AD on the front saying reserve your copy. Do they just have different players in different areas until they come out with a coverboy? I do live in Oklahoma.

Sig by Hitman D.

Comment

2years ago they did the same thing up in DC, except with Portis

Comment

i think it should go to somebody like:-
                              LT
                              Willis
                              AD
                              Westbrook
                              Wayne
                              Moss
                              Brady
                              Peyton Manning
                              Eli Manning