Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indianapolis finishes 6-year deal with tight end

Indianapolis finishes 6-year deal with tight end

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—Tight end Dallas Clark, one of Peyton Manning’s favorite receivers, signed a six-year contract with the Indianapolis Colts on Wednesday, one day after the team placed the franchise tag on him.

Terms were not disclosed, but the deal is believed to have made Clark one of the league’s highest-paid tight ends.

He the most involved player on that offense, its a good signing.

Comment

Wait.. can they give someone else the Franchise tag now?

Comment

no i dont think so

Comment

wait...werent they already well over the cap? how do they afford this?

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
            wait...werent they already well over the cap? how do they afford this?
            With a long-term deal Clark's cap hit will be less for the upcoming season then what it would've been had he signed a 1-year deal.

Comment

But they are still pretty maxed out otherwise, which obviously won't help them moving forward...

Comment

The reason why the Colts are projected over the cap right now is that Manning and Harrison have reached the backloaded years of their current deals, as drafted by the Colts and the players/agents - who obviously have planned through this point. And it will get squared away, either by restructuring or signing new deals, soon enough.

(That's the one thing that isn't mentioned enough, players set the market for future contracts, even though the last few years have huge base salaries that the players won't actually see.)

Also, the Colts have some cap quirks up their sleeve (ex. converting room from last year's cap via incentives), so I wouldn't worry about it.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Until the terms are released i can't really say if i like it or not, but then again i get the feeling we overpaid.

And to those saying we're in cap trouble, not really an issue, it'll get worked out, always has. The only concern i now have is that maybe we won't be able to resign all 3 young db's in Bethea, Hayden and Jackson to long term deals. Hayden the odd man out in 2009? I'd hate to see this, love how physical he is.

Comment

TE Daniel Graham was overpaid last year. As a free agent he signed a 5-year, $30M contract with $15M guaranteed by the Denver Broncos (kill yourself, Shanny).

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                      TE Daniel Graham was overpaid last year. As a free agent he signed a 5-year, $30M contract with $15M guaranteed by the Denver Broncos (kill yourself, Shanny).
                      What kind of contract are you imagining for Dallas?

Comment

I won't venture to guess, I just hope it's good for the team and reasonable.

Comment

I'm not trying to sound rude when I ask this, just an honest question, but what leads you to believe Marvin Harrison will restructure? As an outsider looking in, he strikes me as the exact type of guy who wouldn't be in much of a position to want to restructure due to age and declining play. I don't see him making up any of the money he'd be losing out on...

Comment

Maybe you're right. We'll see, I suppose.

A little over 6 months ago, the Redskins signed Chris Cooley to a 6-year deal worth $30M, with $14M guaranteed.

Comment

Why give him the franchise tag if you knew could re-sign him before FEB 29?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information